• sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    great job everybody!

Could you also post what routine you did to get to where you are?

This is what I did. I joined the gym, did Zumba 2x per week and lifted weights 3X/week. I did heavier weights lower reps (machines too) because I knew that I had a lot of flab.

After 4 months, they needed a Zumba teacher. I took her job and started to teach 4X/week. Started losing the weight, but noticed butt was sliding down my legs.

SO, in my routines, I add a lot of moves that build our quads, hamstrings, glutes, arms, shoulders, abs....so we dance for a couple of 8 counts, then we will be in a squat position to build muscle.

Now, all I do is my class 8X/week because my class combines cardio and strength training. The last 2 months, I now eat 35/35/30 (isocaloric diet) Protein/carbs/fat. I also cheat on Fridays...so today, I get to eat what I want. This keeps my sanity!!!

I also want to help my other moms see that with the right diet and a kick butt workout (1 hour) they can achieve a good goal. As a mom to 6 kids, I can not spend 2-3 hours/day in a gym.

I also just increased calories to 1900 (before exercise)

Thanks for posting this! I need more squats!
  • celtsguy81
    celtsguy81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    yeah. bump. good stuff, folks.
  • johnsocq
    johnsocq Posts: 3
    Options
    U look great, please tell me what you did, I need help
  • joannehaydon
    Options
    absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

Your pics are serious motivation for me. I'm a similar shape to how you started and I want the definition you have now. Jillian michaels is my new best friend so hoping I can make it with some hard work. Thanks
  • hellokittyjlh
    hellokittyjlh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look like a new person! Congratulations!
  • shannalparker
    shannalparker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Great job!
  • desertsky1955
    desertsky1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so very AMAZING!!!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

WOW!!! How did you do that in less than 2 months? I'm going to Hawaii in less than 2 months and my stomach is my biggest issue.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

WOW!!! How did you do that in less than 2 months? I'm going to Hawaii in less than 2 months and my stomach is my biggest issue.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    These aren't the best photos, but everyone was sharing, which is why I decided to make this :)

Pic on the left is me at my 19th birthday (May, 2009), when I was VERY hype about cake, I weighed about 160lbs here, and I went on to weigh 180 before finally committing to lose the weight. I was so humiliated that I did not allow pictures of me to be taken, so this was the best "before" I could dig up.
    Pic on the right is June of 2010, weighing 125lbs. Again, not the greatest of pictures, and the shirt makes me look like a tent, but the size of my legs say it all.
    beforeafter.jpg

I'm back up to 140, and I'm doing my damnedest to get back to 125 (I'm very short, and I feel 125 is healthy for me). Good luck everyone, keep up the inspiration!

This picture on the left looks a lot like me right now. I am down 10lbs since the 1st of the year and I can mostly see it in my face, as I can with your pictures! You look amazing!
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fabulous. I really get what your saying about being lighter then one has in years, but not yet at the goal weight. I started at 360 and have reached 273. Still heavy, I have never felt more actived in my life!! I love waling everywhere, lol. I even tried yoga for the first time. I feel good being able to walk and talk with co-workers when going to the coffee shop only 3 blocks away. At 360 I couldn't even make half a block before I was out of breathe and sweatin. So hang in there! I hope your still movin that scale and living the life you deserve :)
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hello im 162 and my goal is 130 how long did it take you to get there?

5-6 months for me but I don't have any pics posted, actually I have been at this 6 months and I still have 10 to go for 130. These last 10 are gonna be killers for me. I love sweets/food/meat/soup/breads, fruits and veggies and beanos too:) Food I love food.

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BEFORE
    JoseAlvarez-Day1-March232011-2322lbs.jpg

AFTER
    DSCN0461JPGedit.jpg

DSCN1894JPGedit.jpg
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Highest....2 days before I started my WLJ>>>304 lbs, size 24w jeans (busting out of though) and a 3xl shirt
    gwl.jpg
    IMG00612-20120204-0940.jpg
    22623353aca34bd9a45fd3bcf3eea51a_1.jpg

Approx 120 lbs down (and still going), size Medium shirt, size 12-14 in jeans
    IMG00725-20120211-1829.jpg
    IMG00824-20120303-1643.jpg
    IMG00855-20120314-1920.jpg
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUmp
  • mommy_v
    mommy_v Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1a.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!