Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Motivate Me, Before and Afters

Replies

• sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    bump
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    great job everybody!

Could you also post what routine you did to get to where you are?

This is what I did. I joined the gym, did Zumba 2x per week and lifted weights 3X/week. I did heavier weights lower reps (machines too) because I knew that I had a lot of flab.

After 4 months, they needed a Zumba teacher. I took her job and started to teach 4X/week. Started losing the weight, but noticed butt was sliding down my legs.

SO, in my routines, I add a lot of moves that build our quads, hamstrings, glutes, arms, shoulders, abs....so we dance for a couple of 8 counts, then we will be in a squat position to build muscle.

Now, all I do is my class 8X/week because my class combines cardio and strength training. The last 2 months, I now eat 35/35/30 (isocaloric diet) Protein/carbs/fat. I also cheat on Fridays...so today, I get to eat what I want. This keeps my sanity!!!

I also want to help my other moms see that with the right diet and a kick butt workout (1 hour) they can achieve a good goal. As a mom to 6 kids, I can not spend 2-3 hours/day in a gym.

I also just increased calories to 1900 (before exercise)

Thanks for posting this! I need more squats!
  • celtsguy81
    celtsguy81 Posts: 37 Member
    yeah. bump. good stuff, folks.
  • johnsocq
    johnsocq Posts: 3
    U look great, please tell me what you did, I need help
  • absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

Your pics are serious motivation for me. I'm a similar shape to how you started and I want the definition you have now. Jillian michaels is my new best friend so hoping I can make it with some hard work. Thanks
  • hellokittyjlh
    hellokittyjlh Posts: 6 Member
    You look like a new person! Congratulations!
  • shannalparker
    shannalparker Posts: 8 Member
    Wow! You look fantastic! Great job!
  • desertsky1955
    desertsky1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Everyone here is so very AMAZING!!!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    bump
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

WOW!!! How did you do that in less than 2 months? I'm going to Hawaii in less than 2 months and my stomach is my biggest issue.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    BUMP!
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    absprogress2.jpg

A few days ago.
    photo16.jpg

WOW!!! How did you do that in less than 2 months? I'm going to Hawaii in less than 2 months and my stomach is my biggest issue.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    These aren't the best photos, but everyone was sharing, which is why I decided to make this :)

Pic on the left is me at my 19th birthday (May, 2009), when I was VERY hype about cake, I weighed about 160lbs here, and I went on to weigh 180 before finally committing to lose the weight. I was so humiliated that I did not allow pictures of me to be taken, so this was the best "before" I could dig up.
    Pic on the right is June of 2010, weighing 125lbs. Again, not the greatest of pictures, and the shirt makes me look like a tent, but the size of my legs say it all.
    beforeafter.jpg

I'm back up to 140, and I'm doing my damnedest to get back to 125 (I'm very short, and I feel 125 is healthy for me). Good luck everyone, keep up the inspiration!

This picture on the left looks a lot like me right now. I am down 10lbs since the 1st of the year and I can mostly see it in my face, as I can with your pictures! You look amazing!
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Amazing! You look fabulous. I really get what your saying about being lighter then one has in years, but not yet at the goal weight. I started at 360 and have reached 273. Still heavy, I have never felt more actived in my life!! I love waling everywhere, lol. I even tried yoga for the first time. I feel good being able to walk and talk with co-workers when going to the coffee shop only 3 blocks away. At 360 I couldn't even make half a block before I was out of breathe and sweatin. So hang in there! I hope your still movin that scale and living the life you deserve :)
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    hello im 162 and my goal is 130 how long did it take you to get there?

5-6 months for me but I don't have any pics posted, actually I have been at this 6 months and I still have 10 to go for 130. These last 10 are gonna be killers for me. I love sweets/food/meat/soup/breads, fruits and veggies and beanos too:) Food I love food.

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    bump
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    BEFORE
    JoseAlvarez-Day1-March232011-2322lbs.jpg

AFTER
    DSCN0461JPGedit.jpg

DSCN1894JPGedit.jpg
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Highest....2 days before I started my WLJ>>>304 lbs, size 24w jeans (busting out of though) and a 3xl shirt
    gwl.jpg
    IMG00612-20120204-0940.jpg
    22623353aca34bd9a45fd3bcf3eea51a_1.jpg

Approx 120 lbs down (and still going), size Medium shirt, size 12-14 in jeans
    IMG00725-20120211-1829.jpg
    IMG00824-20120303-1643.jpg
    IMG00855-20120314-1920.jpg
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    BUmp
  • mommy_v
    mommy_v Posts: 37 Member
    1a.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!