"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Strength: Squats (various weights 4 sets of 5), deads (various weights 4 sets of 5), military press (same as the others), pull ups UGH..3 sets of 6 with 55 assisted then 3 negative (holding at the top for as long as possible them coming down as slow as possible) with 25 assissted..I WILL DO A NON ASSISTED ONE SOMEDAY..I SWEAR..lol, weighted lunges 3 sets of 16 using 40 pounds

cardio: two fold...did walk at lunch but it was more to clear my head then to workout then after my strength training I ran the really big hill at a park, ran up and walked down...lather, rinse, repeat. Had plans to go much longer than I did, but honestly my legs were toast after my strength training, probably should have chosen a less killer cardio and could have done better

Food...UGH..no really not terrible..great all day and had issues at night...night eating is terrible for me. Working on it will put notes up all over as suggested to see if that helps me make better more controlled choices.

Have a great day everyone, my legs are so sore...is it wrong that I love that:-)
    Try "jump" pull ups. You jump up and using you jumping momentum, keep pulling up as high as you can go. As you get better you'll get higher and higher. Eventually you'll do a pullup on your own.
  • ninerbuff
    Ooooohhhh. Or Paso Doble! Hehe. One of these days I'm just going to have to get a photographer and a partner together and get some pics taken. Especially since I've lost this weight....New costumes and all. That'll be something to really shoot for once I'm finally satisfied with where I'm at...still have about 7 more pounds to drop. Know I can do it.

Food: Under, even though my ham and corn at dinner was the most unappetizing thing ever, I ate it rather than going out to eat. Go me.

Assessment: Hip still hurts, but I got through work without too much pain so I'm happy about that. Hopefully it's just going to keep getting better. I'm going to the gym tomorrow to do some arm weights. If the bike doesn't hurt my hip, since it's so low impact, I might do a little bike ride and call it a night. I'm expecting to take it super easy but I definitely want to get back into it. I'm truly excited!!!!
    Hope the hip fairs well!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! A day with no clients or classes! Mini day vacation! Better enjoy is while I can!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I didn't do the best last night.
  • Cardio - 30 min. lunch walk and 60 min on bike and stretching

No strength training today (OMG...I am so sore from yesturday anyway..lol..my inner/outer thighes and bootie are killing me, but in a really really good way.;)

Nutrition: eh...needed more protein also need to pack a snack between gym and going to kids hockey game...leads to poor choices later when I don't have to make poor choices. Could have been way worse but could have been better

Oh and thanks for the tips on the pull ups..YES...I will do them all alone sooner than later...can't wait, it is a big goal for me and have been working on them for a while...the assisting has gone down over 50 pounds so I am getting there...your suggestion might just get me over the hurdle...thank you;-)
  • Hey gang

Happy Humpday! A day with no clients or classes! Mini day vacation! Better enjoy is while I can!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I didn't do the best last night.

Wow, great strength training workout...awesome!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Wedneday: Workout went well. Felt so good to sweat that hard again. Overall calorie burn total wasn't spectacular, but I stopped when I started hurting and that's the most I can ask from myself....usually I can be counted on to stupidly push through, but I'm not messing around with this hip of mine. It's giving me enough trouble to pause, but not forever.

Total Cal Burn: 354 calories

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) - 30 mins - 100 calories
    Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 20 minutes - 109 calories
    Elliptical Trainer - 25 minutes - 145 calories

STRENGTH: Haven't done arm exercises in about a month so glad to see I didn't really lose too much of what I had.

Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x40
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x50
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x50
    Push Ups (push-ups) -1x10
    Dips - 1x10

And this was a LIGHT workout for me!

FOOD: Right on target. Went 59 calories over because I celebrated Pi day with pie with my family. We're such dorks haha. I'm learning not to freak out so much over the little calorie deficits any more. It's helped me enjoy what I eat so much more, especially since I have multiple days on end where I'm under 1200 that a day over 1450 isn't really going to matter much.

Assessment: Weighed in today - at 148. That's a relief. Last weigh in was at 147, and that was before my cycle and the swelling from my hip injury [AGAIN] so it looks like I definitely haven't gained anything to be concerned about. Which is a huge relief from my mind. I'm still looking for that 145 though! I want to be disappointed in my work out but I know I worked my *kitten* off despite my limitations thanks to my hip. I put in a good hard work out that was as low-impact as possible to avoid any extra damage to my hip. I KNOW I have to play it smart right now and I plan on it. I walked away when the exercises got to be too much.

But I think the best part is that I've actually started seeing the results in the mirror. It's been so hard for me to not see the girl i was 28 pounds ago still, thanks to the ED and other factors. I saw a glimpse of it last night, and I'm holding onto that as hard as I can.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Wedneday: Workout went well. Felt so good to sweat that hard again. Overall calorie burn total wasn't spectacular, but I stopped when I started hurting and that's the most I can ask from myself....usually I can be counted on to stupidly push through, but I'm not messing around with this hip of mine. It's giving me enough trouble to pause, but not forever.

Total Cal Burn: 354 calories

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) - 30 mins - 100 calories
    Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 20 minutes - 109 calories
    Elliptical Trainer - 25 minutes - 145 calories

STRENGTH: Haven't done arm exercises in about a month so glad to see I didn't really lose too much of what I had.

Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x40
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x50
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x50
    Push Ups (push-ups) -1x10
    Dips - 1x10

And this was a LIGHT workout for me!

FOOD: Right on target. Went 59 calories over because I celebrated Pi day with pie with my family. We're such dorks haha. I'm learning not to freak out so much over the little calorie deficits any more. It's helped me enjoy what I eat so much more, especially since I have multiple days on end where I'm under 1200 that a day over 1450 isn't really going to matter much.

Assessment: Weighed in today - at 148. That's a relief. Last weigh in was at 147, and that was before my cycle and the swelling from my hip injury [AGAIN] so it looks like I definitely haven't gained anything to be concerned about. Which is a huge relief from my mind. I'm still looking for that 145 though! I want to be disappointed in my work out but I know I worked my *kitten* off despite my limitations thanks to my hip. I put in a good hard work out that was as low-impact as possible to avoid any extra damage to my hip. I KNOW I have to play it smart right now and I plan on it. I walked away when the exercises got to be too much.

But I think the best part is that I've actually started seeing the results in the mirror. It's been so hard for me to not see the girl i was 28 pounds ago still, thanks to the ED and other factors. I saw a glimpse of it last night, and I'm holding onto that as hard as I can.

That is awesome, dream!

Wednesday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.

Food: A bit over.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Just one client today! Have started Spring cleaning early this year with the extra time off this week and have cleaned 3 rooms top to bottom already! Now only 8 more to go!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment:Had Carl's Jr.s yesterday, but well within calorie goals.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Thursday: Lots of pain. Kept everything to a minimum.

Total Cal Burn - 345 [HRM] 50 minutes

Running, 5.5 mph -10 minutes - 130 calories
    Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 10 minutes - 51 calories
    Elliptical Trainer - 10 minutes - 66 calories
    Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) - 20 minutes - 98 calories

STRENGTH CIRCUIT

Seated Lateral Pull Invert - 2x10x65 [new weight]
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x50 [new weight]
    Free Weights - 2x20x25
    Push Ups (push-ups) - 1x10
    Dips - 1x10
    Seated Lateral Pull - 2x10x50
    Preacher's Bicep Curl - 2x10x30

FOOD: A little over, but not worried about it in the least. I worked hard today and I was hungry so I ate enough rather than depriving myself like usual.

ASSESSMENT: Way too much pain today. Fought through it but in a smart way. Iced the hip, taking the next few days off. Sore arms already, but that feels nice and good. Maybe going sunbathing tomorrow....! In March!
  • brandiuntz
    Thursday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10 Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x10x20lb

Hammer curls: 1x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x15 scissor kicks, 3x15 abdominal raises, 1x60sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x10x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x5x15lb front lateral raise.

Food: On it!

Assessment: For the first time, both types of pushups don't "kill" me. Might be ready to add another set to the Spiderman ones.
  • ninerbuff
    Lol, I revel in pain! Good job you two!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Couple of clients today. Also will start typing out the programs for next TKO sessions starting on Monday of next week.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment:Overate yesterday because it was ice cream day.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Lol, I revel in pain! Good job you two!

Haha. I'm pretty sure we all do. It's why we're here! Good pain is good. Broken pain is not good. I'm experiencing both right now lol.
  • Strength Training:

Squats
    bench
    barbell back row
    bicep curls
    skull crushers
    chair dips

Cardio...30 min lunch walk and 20 min on arc and 10 min on Elliptical

Nutrition...way better for me today, trying to get my head on. I have been under tremendous stress over the past three weeks and I have gained 10 pounds. I knew I should have been weighing myself but I did not. Crazy thing is, is that I have not done terribly but not great either..eating the wrong things and too much of them. No sweets or anything terrible, just too much. I have set a goal for my self to get over 100 oz of water and 150 grams of protein for the next 7 days, then I will see how it goes after that, but right now I need to focus and it can't be too taxing.

Looks like you guys are doing great.
  • brandiuntz
    Strength Training:

Squats
    bench
    barbell back row
    bicep curls
    skull crushers
    chair dips

Nutrition...way better for me today, trying to get my head on. I have been under tremendous stress over the past three weeks and I have gained 10 pounds. I knew I should have been weighing myself but I did not. Crazy thing is, is that I have not done terribly but not great either..eating the wrong things and too much of them. No sweets or anything terrible, just too much. I have set a goal for my self to get over 100 oz of water and 150 grams of protein for the next 7 days, then I will see how it goes after that, but right now I need to focus and it can't be too taxing.

Good progress! I'm just coming out of a 4 month tailspin myself. Gained 6 pounds (not all fat, just what the scale displays). Same thing...not horrible eating, but too much and not paying attention. I've already lost 3 of the extra "pounds". You'll get back on it.

Friday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Calf raises: 3x15.

Food: On target. Another good week.
  • [/quote]

[Good progress! I'm just coming out of a 4 month tailspin myself. Gained 6 pounds (not all fat, just what the scale displays). Same thing...not horrible eating, but too much and not paying attention. I've already lost 3 of the extra "pounds". You'll get back on it.

Friday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Calf raises: 3x15.

Food: On target. Another good week.
    [/quote]

******************************************************************************************************************************************
    sorry quoets disappeared
    ******************************************************************************************************************************************

Dude, you are always kickin it..WTG

Thanks by the way...So over the past day 3 pounds have come off, obviously it was water weight. I increased my water one day and waalaaa...I have also decided to weigh myself everymorning. I tend to get scale anxiety if I let it go to long and I keep putting it off longer and longer and it is never a good thing, so every morning I go at least I can do away with the anxiety so much.
  • ninerbuff
    Strength Training:

Squats
    bench
    barbell back row
    bicep curls
    skull crushers
    chair dips

It can get away, but just do some refocus and it will fix itself. Weight on a scale isn't always the best indicator of fitness and physique getting better.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning then off for a party! My cousin had her baby 2 weeks early so we'll also head over to their house this evening to visit! Maintenance work is all done on my TKO equipment and next 6 week session will start Monday!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Lol, down over a pound after yesterday!
  • Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning then off for a party! My cousin had her baby 2 weeks early so we'll also head over to their house this evening to visit! Maintenance work is all done on my TKO equipment and next 6 week session will start Monday!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Lol, down over a pound after yesterday!

Great job!! Down over a pound...awesome:-) Enjoy the family!!
  • brandiuntz

Dude, you are always kickin it..WTG

Thanks by the way...So over the past day 3 pounds have come off, obviously it was water weight. I increased my water one day and waalaaa...I have also decided to weigh myself everymorning. I tend to get scale anxiety if I let it go to long and I keep putting it off longer and longer and it is never a good thing, so every morning I go at least I can do away with the anxiety so much.

Thanks!

If you weigh everyday, which I used to, remember it'll fluctuate up and down. Especially with strength training due to water retention. Don't get anxious over that. If you have a rest day, the morning after the rest day might show your most accurate weight for that week.

I agree with, niner, the scale's not the best, but I also agree with you and I use it as a general guide. I also measure and, at this point, check the mirror (muscles!) and look at my overall fitness improvements to know I'm on the right track.