Pet Peaves??? I CANNOT STAND...

Options

Replies

• tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    People who spell "peeves" incorrectly.

^this

It was the first thing I noticed. I cannot stand spelling errors. And cars that don't use their signals.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When people talk on their cell or text at inappropriate times.

I've worked retail for a long time, and this is SUPER rude. Plus, I don't care that your one of your friends got dumped.

I've seen people do this on dates, too. What are they thinking?

I absolutely agree with people talking on their phone at inappropriate times. I work at a dry cleaner and obviously need to speak to you to get your information either for your drop off or pickup and im sitting there waiting for you to get off your phone its just rude if you werent ready then wait outside till you finish your call or ask them to wait a second
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people tell me I'm too quiet; especially people who don't even know me. Just makes my blood boil. :explode:
    If I have something to say, I'll say it. Some people can be really rude and obnoxious about it, which makes me not want to talk to them at all. By that point, they should consider themselves lucky I'm keeping my mouth shut, because the truth is I'd really like to let them have it. :angry:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When people ask my opinion then get mad cuz I gave them my honest opinion instead of telling them what they want to hear.

People who tell me something that I probably know more about. IE I have two rabbits. You wouldn't believe how man people who have never owned one give me advice about them.

People who cut me off driving and then go 30 MPH

People who are loud in resteraunts

People who don't put their dogs on a leash. The poor thing is going to get hit by a car because you're a dumbf*ck.

I could go on and on. Frankly I'm a grouch. :bigsmile:
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Noisy eaters! I'm not even sure why I hate eating noises so much, but when someone chews and munches so loudly the neighbours can hear it and talks with half a chicken in their mouth, I have to excuse myself and leave the room. Just can't handle it.

Also, I generally have a hard time dealing with close-minded people and bigots with whom you can't have a rational debate.
    best friend?
    i also have a huge issue with people who have not yet grasped basic spelling and grammar. if you're 12, that's one thing. if you have a job (full-time, part-time, or being a parent), there is no excuse!
    also, i hate people who drive and park like *kitten*. stop it already.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    When people talk on their cell or text at inappropriate times.

I've worked retail for a long time, and this is SUPER rude. Plus, I don't care that your one of your friends got dumped.

I've seen people do this on dates, too. What are they thinking?

I absolutely agree with people talking on their phone at inappropriate times. I work at a dry cleaner and obviously need to speak to you to get your information either for your drop off or pickup and im sitting there waiting for you to get off your phone its just rude if you werent ready then wait outside till you finish your call or ask them to wait a second

That would be easy for me... NEXT!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't like when people spell "peeves" wrong...
    Actually, I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi, but my biggest pet peeve is when people wait until the very last possible moment to get into the correct lane... especially if they don't use a turn signal.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    People who spell lose wrong. You're not trying to loose weight, you're losing weight!

omg seriously.

Ya, I'm a little OCD when it comes to spelling and grammar so when I see it used incorrectly, I have a little melt down on this end of the computer. :laugh:

ps. When people talk and chew gum at the same time. This drives me crazy! :mad:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminded me. I also can't stand when people who are particular about something minor say they are "so OCD" about it. It is an insult to people who actually suffer from this serious mental illness. Unless you have actual obsessions and compulsions, you do not have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When parents and/or guardians drop off and pick up their children from school in pajamas and slippers! Seriously??! That is just unacceptable!
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    people who dont pick up their dogs poop !

people who choose not to discipline their children then complain about their behaviour

psst I am your number one SPELLING offender !!!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I can't stand it when people turn (driving their car) going like 2 miles an hour...give it a little gas honey...also, I hate it when people don't use their headlights when it's raining/ dark/ foggy...especially those blue gray cars that blend in with the sky and road...also, when people drive 5 miles under the speed limit in the fast/ left hand lane...ugh...Being a full time student at 2 colleges, working full time, volunteering, and squeezing in time to exercise, I just don't have 5 minutes to waste because stupid people drive so dang slow...ok, I feel better now :blushing:

it's like we think the same :indifferent:
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    -- People who are anti-gun/firearms
    -- People who want to force their views on me
    -- The gross misuse of the English language
    -- People who want to ax me a querstion rather than ask me a question
    -- People who are anti-gun/firearms
    -- Spelling peeve incorrectly
    -- People who think they are smarter than me and try to tell me what to do
    -- Did I mention people who are anti-gun/firearms?
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminded me. I also can't stand when people who are particular about something minor say they are "so OCD" about it. It is an insult to people who actually suffer from this serious mental illness. Unless you have actual obsessions and compulsions, you do not have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

It is actually CDO which is a lot like OCD but in alphabetical order like it is supposed to be!!
    :smokin:
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    People who b*tch and moan about how they don't have money then they turn around and post pictures of their new tattoo or home decor item on facebook. I seriously have someone on my page that begs people to help them out because they can't pay their mortgage, then they talk about going to dinner or asking advice on where to buy an item that isn't a necessity or talks about hte 25 boxes of Girl Scout cookies they bought...Seriously?!

People who get dogs,then leave them chained to a dog house every freaking day of the year. I've seriously thought about stealing these poor dogs and re-homing them.

People who post pictures of abused pets on facebook. I work with children who were abused every day, I don't feel the need to come home and see that crap on my news feed. I know that animal abuse happens and it makes me sick but seeing a dog with half it's face blown off is not going to solve anything. You feel so strongly about it? Go rescue a animal. I dang near have a panic attack when I hear Sarah McLaughlin on TV now because I can't watch those commercials. I actually posted a status asking friend's to block those posts from me or delete me.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    ... when people use there phones at the movie theater, even for a so called emergency. I have never heard anything that would even remotely count

and if you post your "movie phone emergency" and it does not involve the president calling you for the code to launch a nuclear war or a dead child, I will mock you. :laugh: :devil:
    So, is the president often concerned with launching dead children? :huh:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When people can't spell peeve... GAH!
  • ashleab37
    Options
    ... when people use there phones at the movie theater, even for a so called emergency. I have never heard anything that would even remotely count

and if you post your "movie phone emergency" and it does not involve the president calling you for the code to launch a nuclear war or a dead child, I will mock you. :laugh: :devil:
    I was on call and the computer system went down for the biggest hospital in the state, preventing ANY admissions, treatments or medications. No work could be started to bring it back up before I was on board with the issue. Is that enough?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Women who feel the need to be b!tches especially ones who feel the need to demean other women
  • ashleab37
    Options
    When people say "I could care less"

it's "I couldn't care less."

I also got really irritated when my kids were newborns and people where trying to stick their hands and faces all up in their space. I swear I wanted to scream for people to gtfo!
    I could care less is THE WORST.