Your 3 best investments for fitness?

Options

Replies

• KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1. MFP - first and foremost has been a great tool to see what I actually eat vs exercise (this is an investment in time!)

2. Kitchen digital scales - to be accurate in weighing food (not so much now as have a better idea of amounts but important when I first started logging foods)

3. My treadmill - using it!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

2. My new bicycle that inspired me to want to train for RAGBRAI this year

I've got a couple of friends who have done this ride, it sounds like a fantastic experience!
  • BigDfromNJ
    BigDfromNJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. Good pair of shoes
    2. sports watch
    3. water bottle:happy:
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    1. Food
    2. HRM
    3. Weights
  • tgmshierry
    tgmshierry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. good shoes for exercise
    2. food scale
    3. myfitnesspal (the time it is soooo worth it(
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    1. a good sports bra

2. properly fitted running shoes

3. a set of accurate kitchen scales
    I'm with Kirsty_UK on the sports bra and the kitchen scales, so you can be more accurate in monitoring what you eat. Instead of the shoes, for me it's... time. The time I spend here on the site learning, reading, researching what people say, and figuring out how to apply it all to my life.

The Wii games I'm doing are great - but I'm sure I'll outgrow them one day. For me, they're my "gym" right now. My wish list includes future Wii games that are more challenging, though that'll take some time for me to work up to. I think I'd like Zumba, but I don't know that yet. And last but not least - I'd like a real golf membership and lessons to learn how to play the game without a Wii-mote. LOL!

1. A good sports bra.

2. A good, accurate kitchen scale

3. Time spent learning, researching, and learning to apply new knowledge to my new lifestyle.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1) Trainer start off right
    2) IPOD
    3) Journal ( Fitness pal or in a book. Be true to yourself write your actual intake...food, water, drinks and even meds they all add up.Write what your feeling and make goals and stick to them!) :flowerforyou:
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    1. HRM
    2. Good Shoes
    3. Bowflex Treadclimber

(I have lost enough so I no longer feel the need for a mansier or a sports bro) :laugh:
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I was originally thinking just about the "workout" portion and things that you've actually found worth putting the $$ into, but a lot of interesting stuff here! I agree with so many people about the kitchen scale. 3 diet-related things I couldn't do without: food scale, multiple sets of measuring cups and spoons (That way I can just wash at the end of the day) and Pyrex containers for portioning out larger recipes for freezing and easy-pack lunches.

Lots of people saying HRM, hmmmm... making me rethink saving for a good one.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    My laptop/mp3 player for music when i am at home and away for workouts
    My yoga mat. (got one from my brother and bought one.)
    My mirror. It may sound weird but i workout in front of it when i'm trying a new home exercise. I can monitor my form and know i am doing a good job.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick just 3... But as far as "investments":

1. My Heart Rate Monitor ( Polar)
    2. My Body Fat Analyzer
    3. Our Home Gym / Workout Room - newest investment, still working on it
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Being able to workout at home was the best investment I have made!! I wouldnt be anywhere close to being where I am now if I had to go to the gym everyday to squeeze in my workout.
    The Mens Health Diet book = $16.87
    Insanity (new in box)= $60.00 from craigslist
    Ellipical (like new) = $50.00 from craigslist
    Entire home gym complete with free weights, dumbells, benches and machines (all in like new condition ) = $500.00 from craigslist
    Its amazing how much people spend on expensive gym equipment and only use it to hang clothes from or collect dust and then sell it for next to nothing.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My husband had a friend who was moving and didn't want to take his treadmill. He gave the guy a case of beer for the treadmill! Beer well spent!

A good pair of shoes.

My yoga mat.
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    what apps do you suggest for the iphone? I see them but dont know which are worth and which are garbage
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    1. My Skechers Shape-Ups
    2. My Phone (with Endomondo)
    3. My Arm Strap

Grr...I forgot the food side of thing. My kitchen scale needs to be in there, but it's hard to slot it in around those. In fact, I can't...can I have a 4? :tongue:

Actually. Maybe I can remove 2? My phone wasn't bought FOR fitness, and Endomondo is free!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    1. Fitbit
    2. Polar HRM. Still not sure how to use it
    2. Comfy workout clothes.

And I LOVE my new kitchen scale. Everyone needs to have one. It really changes your life.
  • robdirt
    robdirt Posts: 5
    Options
    1. Gym membership - and you can go to one of those smaller ones that just has the basics and maybe a few classes.
    2. Diversify - do yoga, some type of cardio, and strength training every week. 3 days a week minimum of work outs.
    3. Go on line and look for different exercises for each muscle group. I've found so many great "moves" on line whether it's using the pulley machine, abs, medicine ball work outs, etc.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...watching your money so you can only pick the best 3?? That's hard.

1. My gym membership - have to have one that includes classes, equipment, pool, etc. That way you can mix it up.
    2. Good shoes
    3. adjustable weight set for at home.

But there is so many more that I wanted to list!!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    1. Gym Membership
    2. Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD
    3. Tuesday Zumba class

The pasta at college, you could also say - so low cal, and so LUSH. :)