Black Team Week 11

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey team--

So how many calories do you burn tripping and falling over your #$@! Siberian Husky?

Bad night-- feeling sorry for myself, crying in my beer, screaming at my kids, screaming some more, then a little more-- took off for a run with the dog to honor my word to my husband, to whom I'd made a promise that I'd take the @#$! dog with me for my runs in his absence--

And the mutt trips me-- I'm bruised and bloody.

But, I deserved it-- treated my kids like crap. Sought their forgiveness upon my disgraced return, and the forgiveness of my son's friends who were present for the nuclear meltdown--

God has a way of just reachign down and "doonking" us when we need it-- doesn't he? And he can use Siberian Huskies to do it--

Be warned, my friends-- :wink:

Off to work-- later. :ohwell:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- enjoy your birthday dinner. Girl, you deserve the whole slice of cheesecake for yourself after all you have done. I would poke my DH with my fork if he tried to touch it!

Maral- sorry about your run and your meltdown. It happens. Sometimes the hormones take over and we grow horns and we know we are being hideous yet we can't stop it. Been there, done it. Sorry about your dog running experience. I don't like to run with mine, it's distracting. We walk together. I run solo.

Renae- my mom got me hooked on those salads, I have to admit I sort of turned up my nose too at the thought of strawberries on it, but it is oh so good. It's not like even eating lettuce. Mix a little oil, vinegar and sugar together for this sweet dressing and ohhhhh, ymmmmo! I have stuff left and I'm eating it again for lunch today. I made them the other night for dinner with fish, I do have to say DH didn't share my excitment. He doesn't know what he's missing.

Up early, heading out for a walk (with said dog), then the dentist for my cleaning, then the gym, then Walmart and then who knows what!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Lori a strawberry salad with a dab of poppyseed dressing and feta cheese (when I used to eat cheese) is probably one of my favorite things. I like to add some walnuts to it too.

Lynnie who is on...
    Day two of being a grandma. :noway:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lynnie who is on...

I don't sense excitement here. :huh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lynnie who is on...

I don't sense excitement here. :huh:

Lynnie, I hope I'm a hot as you when I'm a grandma!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori a strawberry salad with a dab of poppyseed dressing and feta cheese (when I used to eat cheese) is probably one of my favorite things. I like to add some walnuts to it too.

Lynnie who is on...

Back off Lynnie-- she's mine--

Marla...
    who is being adopted by strawberries-- er, I mean, Lori.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fellow Teammates! Hope you are having a great day so far. I have started doing laundry but other than that, done nothing else. Got too much to do but it's my first real day off after working 6 whole 12 hour days. So I usually just lounge around and do a bunch of nothing on the first day off. I'm working on putting music on Ipods and MP3 players so I will catch you all in a while. HAVE A GREAT ONE!!! GOTTA GET READY FOR MY BABY BEING 5 TODAY!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team!

I am enjoying a great start to a long weekend...so nice to be able to relax, not to mention run in the morning! Did a 6 mile tempo run and it was pretty hard, but I survived. During said run, I did one of my miles in 10:36! That's a personal best mile for me, so I'm really proud of myself. Now, I was kicking myself by the time I got to the last 2 miles for going out so fast...but oh well, I made it through.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • 72lori
    Options

Lynnie who is on...

Back off Lynnie-- she's mine--

Marla...
    who is being adopted by strawberries-- er, I mean, Lori.

The truth is exposed.... all she wants is my berries!

Shuntae- awesome on the run, I wish I had your stamina, I think it's mental and I'm not there.

Renae- enjoy your much needed day off and your baby's bday!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon black team, I went for my 5 mile walk today I had the 5 week old baby in my baby pouch on my stomach i know she only weigh ten pounds but geez she was heavy. My 4 yr old rode her bike, i have come to the conclusion I am not quiet as fast when they are with me, ut my postiive for the day is at least I was out there doing it..

I hate my HRM, it quits working on me all the time, I am gonna get a new one, I am having to guess about calories from the times that it actually stays working. I might work tonight to make some extra money. Son is still gone to Ga having a ball has not called me yhet crying which is a plus for him and ME!!!!!

Well trying to get my 4 yr old to take a nap, and I think I might also.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just saying good afternoon to my teammates! We dont have a new thread for the new week yet...or did I miss something?:laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Lynnie who is on...

Lynnie, Congrats to being a grandma to be. Cheer up, you'll love it. You can spoil them rotten and then send them home.:laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    *Num, num, num*.... I am NOT eating plain cool whip by the spoonfuls.... who said I was??? :wink:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Positive...positive...positive...Um, I just ate an apple for my afternoon snack. Yeah, that's it. That's my positive for the day, so far. I'd love the rain to hold off so I could get either a run or a shred workout in. Had stir fry for lunch. The lady accidently put teriyaki sauce on it instead of the chili garlic sauce. Holy Sodium!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    *Num, num, num*.... I am NOT eating plain cool whip by the spoonfuls.... who said I was??? :wink:

I'm telling Dave!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I had a lovely nectarine--

They're my guilty pleasures these days when I'm at the grocery store by myself-- too expensive to buy a big bag for the clan-- so I buy just one when I'm alone--
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    My other postive for the day is

I walked my 5 miles this morning plus I did wii active for 20 minutes on the hard setting, I burned 130 calories and I did 100 crunches, I am gonna be sore in the morning.

Well everyone have a great night
  • 72lori
    Options
    I had a lovely nectarine--

They're my guilty pleasures these days when I'm at the grocery store by myself-- too expensive to buy a big bag for the clan-- so I buy just one when I'm alone--

I don't blame you for buying yourself stuff when you are alone, but don't feel guilty! I buy certain things and hide them from my kids. Granted they know where they are, but they know not to touch them. My natural almonds and my protein bars are the two main ones. My kids would eat them all and I would be ticked because #1 they are expensive and they have their own crap to eat and #2 when I went for one and they were gone I would be totally P.O.'ed.

Some times moms are entitled- without guilt.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    My posotive for the day is that I managed to take a min and get on the thread!. lol Being on the road this week has been tough and I totally miss the DW and kids. Eating hasnt been bad but with the travel it has been more of a maintenance week I think. Overall things have been going well. Tonight is going to be a go to bed early night. I am just BEAT tonight. Been a long one. so I am gonna hit the hay early and get ready for the 7 hour drive in the morning. sheesh. Looks like everyone is doing well! miss you guys. And Bethany....I SUPER MISS YOU>
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today. Had an awful day yesterday. Had a full fledged allergy attack, then a full blown migraine.

The good news is today I REALLY appreciate feeling good:wink:

Everyone seems to be doing very well.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: