Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I should have said I have had him for 2 years but I now think of him as my portable cardio machine, not just my best friend! When I am working from home he makes me get up every couple of hrs.

Think I will just go get him a treat because I am now off them!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I rescued a staffordshire terrier 2 weeks ago that had been abused and severly underfed. The kids have named him Oscar, I enjoy our morning walks.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i have a 4 year old staffordshire bull terrier/ pitbull cross, she is my baby and gives me a good workout daily when she decides to chase the rabbits on our walk and i have to run after her lol x
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We have a yorkie/****zu mix and he loves walks too! A good walk for him is about 20 - 25 minutes total, however, it isn't much exercize on most days because he stops to sniff EVERYTHING! I still enjoy it though, especially since the weather is so nice again.
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    I have 4 dogs but only take one with me and thats my very spunky beagle Abby.. shes the one that keeps me moving at the pace I do or I would never loose any weight walking..lol.. shes the best..:heart:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have a rescue too, she's a rottweiler golden lab mix. She is my baby and I love her to pieces. Unfortunately she is old and can't walk or run with me anymore :(
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog at least a mile every morning. She keeps me honest when I don't feel like getting out of bed. Her enthusiasm forces my lazy behind to get up!

I have a rescue dog as well: a 6-ish year old black Labrador Retriever. She's been in our family for about 5 years.
  • zdbeaumont
    Options
    i got a border cillie puppy called jack, he's now 5 months old. ive found that he is the best motivation to get out and walk everyday. it was easy when it was just me. but cause he depends on me and i have to go out i do. ive now really started to enjoy walking aagain and finding new places to go and explore
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have a dog, he's a Beagle and his name is Fred :smile: He is my furry baby! LOVE him so much! :heart:
    He LOVES walks, so it's always good because he keeps me movin'!
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    4 cats and 1 dog, love the mojo!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine's a minpin, so her exercise needs are minimal. I need a big dog!
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    4 cats and 1 dog, love the mojo!

Ditto! I love walking my APBT named Auburn!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I've got a 145lbs Rottie named Bluto. He is my little princess!!

And a cat that lives somewhere in the house who only gives affection if he's hungry.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have a dog!

His name is Axel and he is a Chow mix. I don't know with what as we rescued him from a shelter. He's between 4 and 8, we aren't positive. He's the biggest baby, so lovable and so sweet, but he's definitely got a wicked protective streak too. Fortunately, he was well socialized and loves people and other animals... unless they try to screw with me. He loves walks and even jogs with me! Honestly, I couldn't have designed a better dog myself. He's perfect.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a Brindle Boxer - Tyson, and he is our families best pal! I didn't walk him in the winter (shame on me) but now that it's getting nice out again, this has inspired me to get off my butt and move with him! He is very active and runs all around our huge yard with the kids. But I need to get out there with him and walk it off! Thanks for the inspiration, Tyson and I thank you!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old lab/pit mix that we got from the SPCA when she was a puppy. She's not a great runner, so I do that on my own. But, I get two good walks every day in with her and she's my constant companion when I'm home.
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've got the sweetest, almighty 2 months old 75% chocolate lab, 25% Australian Shepard puppy. He is the cutest thing, but it dealthy afraid of cars. Any walking/training tips?
    I took my puppy (now 3 years old) for puppy classes... helped HUGE with all sorts of things I didn't know... including walking her on a leash... get one that is no more than 5 feet long, and the instructor really told us to be social... it's all about introducing them to all different scenarios including walking with heavy traffic, the younger the better! Including loud vehichles, motor cycles, anything new is good, to get them used to it... I took her on walks along side a (2 lane) highway as much as possible, just hold the leash back, so he is pretty much by your side (don't let any slack out) she would get skidish and have the instinct to try 'n run away, but couldn't w/ the leash, but all the while I'd say "it's okay, good girl" to reassure her I was gonna take care of her... I am so glad i took her to classes... now she loves to walk, evertime she hears me get the leash she comes excitedly running... and she doesn't pull my arm outta socket, walks/jogs right next to me......now she does have a longer retractable leash, but when we are near traffic I retract it back to about 3-5 feet... more so not trusting traffic, not her... I <3 my Molly :happy:
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs: an 8 year old yellow lab and a 1 year old black lab. They are my running partners. We run about 25-28 miles a week. I am training for a half marathon and this would be not nearly as much fun without them. I run at 5 in the morning, and their presence makes me feel a lot safer, as well. Of course, they did chase after that skunk, and that wasn't very pretty....... :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have a black Boykin. Seven years old at 52 lbs. His name is Shine. Very smart dog and always has energy when he needs it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old Husky/German Sheppard mix, he has two settings, Sleep and Hyper!
    photo-1.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    photo.jpg