Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have three. All are rescues and they all get walked daily, lol. They are a JRT, a dachshund, and a JRT/chihuahua mix.taking them to the dog park is a blast especially if they refuse to go get the ball...which means that I have to go get it, lol. It sure helps with sprints.

That is funny...I have a JRT that is either mixed with a dachshund or a chihuahua. Not sure which...I personally think it is both. I also have a deer face chihuahua....they are my four legged children. :bigsmile:

They love walks....but they drive me nutz getting the leashes tangled...so, unless my two legged child is with me, I only take one at a time for long walks.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    <-- Me in the park with my pup on Monday. He loves being outside, and I do too!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old lab/pit mix that we got from the SPCA when she was a puppy. She's not a great runner, so I do that on my own. But, I get two good walks every day in with her and she's my constant companion when I'm home.

I want a pitty so bad. Beautiful dogs.
  • PugLuvMn
    PugLuvMn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My two pugs help burn tons of calories! We go for walk almost every day and on average I burn 200-400 calories just walking them. It sure is nice to have someone want to walk with you no matter what. Thank goodness for my little fur babies (Byanca 8 months & Chase 4 Years old)!

Great post idea!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    4 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback - Tucker - see below for adorable pic
    We rescued him when he was almost a year old from an ugly situation where he was chained up outside all the time and the family had stopped feeding him. He was such a mess when we got him but with a good diet he's turned out to be beautiful. He's an awesome family pet and a good walking buddy too!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    1 yr 3 month old 95 lb "puppy" golden. He's in my pics
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have four dogs; two Valley Bulldogs, a Nova Scotia Duck Toller/Labrador Retriever and a Retriever mix that we rescued from a pound.

I truly believe that dogs are really "man's" best friend; they are great for our health in so many ways!! I know mine definitely keep me moving :)
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have an almost five year Shih Tzu. Fantastic little guy!! He's a bit chubby as well so we're trying to get us both in shape. Now that the winter seems to be over here in Ontario we are outside a lot more (he REFUSES to walk when it's cold outside and will howl if brought outside - He's got a bit of an attitude! :) )
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My Fur baby is named Milo... We try and take him every where with us.. He has a pet stroller for when we go shopping and we recently just bought him a bike trailer to go on bike rides with us...

He loves to run as well, so when my husband and I go for runs we take him with us...

Milo4-1.jpg
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    We were just recently adopted by a German Shepherd. Some jerk dropped him off at the end of our road the day before a big snow storm a few weeks ago. We took him in and since he was chipped (which we found out when we took him to the vet) we had to wait to see whether or not the owner was going to claim him which they didn't -- no surprise there -- so he's ours. :)

He is a bundle of energy and we walk him every day for at least an hour and on the days we don't make it to the gym we walk him twice. It's a hard walk too: very hilly dirt roads which really makes you work and now since the snow and ice is all gone we probably do a 4 mph pace.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old lab/pit mix that we got from the SPCA when she was a puppy. She's not a great runner, so I do that on my own. But, I get two good walks every day in with her and she's my constant companion when I'm home.

My neighbor has a red-nosed pit who is just the sweetest thing. She and a friend bought him from a breeder who was about to sell him (in a bar!) to people who were going to use him as a bait dog for their fighting pits because PJ was the runt of the litter. That story makes me so angry, especially because I know this dog so well and he's just so sweet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My little furry butt won't let me get lazy. She is always ready for a walk and if I don't take her, she starts to act up. Many a nights I have burned a few hundred more calories taking the dog out for a last minute sprint around the block. She likes to run too so that I burn even more calories.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options

My neighbor has a red-nosed pit who is just the sweetest thing. She and a friend bought him from a breeder who was about to sell him (in a bar!) to people who were going to use him as a bait dog for their fighting pits because PJ was the runt of the litter. That story makes me so angry, especially because I know this dog so well and he's just so sweet.

The people she bout it from and the people they were going to sell him too should be effing crucified.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options

The people she bought him from and the people they were going to sell him too should be effing crucified.
  • afassett
    afassett Posts: 29
    Options
    I have two "puppies" they are about 1 year and 3 months old now, one female rottie, and one female half doberman half labrador. Never a dull moment with them, and PLENTY of walks!
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My fur-babies make it more fun to exercise... Walking is nice, but walking with my three pooches is even more fun!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful mutt that I rescued 4 years ago. She is my little angel but she doesn't like to go for walks. She was born with a bum hip and is scared to death of the dogs at the doggie park. Once in awhile she will feel great and take off at a full run but comes back sore. She is horrible at leash walking which is my fault. She is more of a house dog but i still get my workouts when I have to carry her around. I love you annabelle!
  • jennibell81
    Options
    I have a doggie daughter who will be 6mos old in a week, she is a black pug!! Just love her soo much :heart:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We have three terriers.
    Westie
    Cairn(Toto)
    Teacup Yorkie
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a Black Lab/Pitt named Duke. He was a rescue and is about 2 years old. He loves his walks! It's a little rough the first half of the walk cuz he wants to go in every direction to sniff everything! The last half is a lot easier cuz he's tired so he calms down a lot. I try to get out with him at least twice during the workweek and Saturday and Sunday. I just always have to hope and pray that we don't find other dogs along our route cuz he'll go nuts trying to get to them, and scare everyone on the street in the process! They all just see a dog frantically barking, they don't realize that he's the friendliest dog in the world and just wants to play with everything that moves.