Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

And this is Sasha Bear... I adopted her from a very close friend.
    Shes a full rottweiler, but small for a rottie... so I call her a runtweiler.

sashafavpic_small.jpg

Beautiful!!!!!!! Heheheh Rottie smiles are priceless!
  • garbudebb
    Options
    I have a collie crossed with a sausage dog. He is the size of a sausage dog but every thingn else is collie. He is 10 years old and is always full of energy. He has also lost weight through me constantly walking him and is loving the extra exercise.

Thanks to him, when I am slowing down he tends to pull me along.

Add me as a friend if you like so we can support each other :0)

3228837.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Three rescue dogs - a lab X (in my profile picture) rescued from Hurricane Katrina, a husky-rottie mix whose mom was found roaming in the Rocky mountains while pregnant with 9 pups and a Mayan Malix (a.k.a. Mexican street dog) rescued from the streets of Cancun last year.

My hubby works nights so he runs them during the day while I'm at work, so I only get to walk them on days off. Despite being from much warmer climates that where we live in western Canada both the Louisiana dog and the Mexican like the snow and cold so they are out every day, unless it's really really cold.

I love them with all my heart! Our old doggie (doberman x) passed away from old age last fall and we miss her terribly!
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old lab/pit mix that we got from the SPCA when she was a puppy. She's not a great runner, so I do that on my own. But, I get two good walks every day in with her and she's my constant companion when I'm home.

I want a pitty so bad. Beautiful dogs.

My neighbor has a red-nosed pit who is just the sweetest thing. She and a friend bought him from a breeder who was about to sell him (in a bar!) to people who were going to use him as a bait dog for their fighting pits because PJ was the runt of the litter. That story makes me so angry, especially because I know this dog so well and he's just so sweet.

The people she bought him from and the people they were going to sell him too should be effing crucified.

Agreed.

He's a little hyper, but just SUCH a love.

That just turns my stomach. People like that are EVIL.

There are no words....

I wish I could make THEM a bait dog!!! :mad: :explode: :mad: :angry:

I have a pit, also a rescue, got her from a truckdriver when she was 2 months old. He was too lazy and/or stupid to housebreak her and she was peeing in his truck, so he stuffed her in the tiny toolbox UNDER the truck. About 1 foot square and 98 degrees outside....:mad: I offered to take her "temporarily" to train her and then I wouldn't give her back, LOL. My mom was afraid of pits until I got this dog and I have had her for 5 years now and I can't tell you how many times my mom has said that her mind has been totally changed about pits because this dog is just the sweetest, most loving, loyal, goofy dog you ever saw!

I also have 4 other dogs, an Australian Shephard (from an internet rescue site), a Lab/beagle mix (found on the interstate), a boxer (also found wandering the highway), and I just recently found the sweetest little beagle/daschund that somebody abandoned at a gas station. He is so crazy that I laugh so hard til I'm cryin' sometimes!
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Three rescue dogs - a lab X (in my profile picture) rescued from Hurricane Katrina, a husky-rottie mix whose mom was found roaming in the Rocky mountains while pregnant with 9 pups and a Mayan Malix (a.k.a. Mexican street dog) rescued from the streets of Cancun last year.

My hubby works nights so he runs them during the day while I'm at work, so I only get to walk them on days off. Despite being from much warmer climates that where we live in western Canada both the Louisiana dog and the Mexican like the snow and cold so they are out every day, unless it's really really cold.

I love them with all my heart! Our old doggie (doberman x) passed away from old age last fall and we miss her terribly!

*hug* They're like family, aren't they?
  • KAYL0VEx
    KAYL0VEx Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a 1 year old longhair mini dachshund named Eclaire. She keeps me busy. :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have 3 doggies 2 doberman miniature pinchers a female named "Chiquita" she is black with brown chest and a male "Scooby" he is all red. My 3rd dog is a bull Terrier all white his name is "Ocho" if you dont know what they look like think about the Target commercials the dog bullseye.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old lab/pit mix that we got from the SPCA when she was a puppy. She's not a great runner, so I do that on my own. But, I get two good walks every day in with her and she's my constant companion when I'm home.

I want a pitty so bad. Beautiful dogs.

My neighbor has a red-nosed pit who is just the sweetest thing. She and a friend bought him from a breeder who was about to sell him (in a bar!) to people who were going to use him as a bait dog for their fighting pits because PJ was the runt of the litter. That story makes me so angry, especially because I know this dog so well and he's just so sweet.

The people she bought him from and the people they were going to sell him too should be effing crucified.

Agreed.

He's a little hyper, but just SUCH a love.

That just turns my stomach. People like that are EVIL.

There are no words....

I wish I could make THEM a bait dog!!! :mad: :explode: :mad: :angry:

I have a pit, also a rescue, got her from a truckdriver when she was 2 months old. He was too lazy and/or stupid to housebreak her and she was peeing in his truck, so he stuffed her in the tiny toolbox UNDER the truck. About 1 foot square and 98 degrees outside....:mad: I offered to take her "temporarily" to train her and then I wouldn't give her back, LOL. My mom was afraid of pits until I got this dog and I have had her for 5 years now and I can't tell you how many times my mom has said that her mind has been totally changed about pits because this dog is just the sweetest, most loving, loyal, goofy dog you ever saw!

I also have 4 other dogs, an Australian Shephard (from an internet rescue site), a Lab/beagle mix (found on the interstate), a boxer (also found wandering the highway), and I just recently found the sweetest little beagle/daschund that somebody abandoned at a gas station. He is so crazy that I laugh so hard til I'm cryin' sometimes!

Fair trails + old school punishment = a safer kinder world. Who the **** would be out raping and molesting children if they knew when caught, they'd be in a dark little room having their skin pealed from their bodies.

Lol, sorry to change direction of topic. But animal abuse and other nasty crimes set me off.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a collie crossed with a sausage dog. He is the size of a sausage dog but every thingn else is collie. He is 10 years old and is always full of energy. He has also lost weight through me constantly walking him and is loving the extra exercise.

Thanks to him, when I am slowing down he tends to pull me along.

Add me as a friend if you like so we can support each other :0)

3228837.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I want to see that dog! LMAO

The funniest dogs I've ever seen have been something mixed with a corgi. They always have the corgi legs, but longer.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My energetic greyhound cross keeps me active, I usually double my calorie burn for the day when I take him for a walk. Me and hubby also take him running and hiking with us. There's nothing better than to hear a happy 'sigh' from the doggie bed after a long hike! :happy:
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    We have a 2 year old French bulldog named Molly.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs and luckily we have a an acre so they spend all day playing outside... However, we do take them on walks and it's always an adventure!..lol!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't have A dog. I have four. That is at least one too many. However, last night I wrestled with my two boxers for a half hour. That is a lot of fun as they don't know the rules. Nothing like two 65 - 70 lbs of pure muscle excited and trying to stomp you....... just so they can lick your face. :p
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    <---- Mine. Siberian Husky. :)

Loads of fun, and best running partner ever. Although now the temps are starting to rise, he seems to be getting slower on our runs.
  • skusky01
    skusky01 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have pugs. There is a saying about pugs, "never walk your pug farther than you want to carry them", and it is true....lol.

Same thing with my chihuahuas. I've had people at the park laugh at me for carrying my son and pushing the dogs in his stroller!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Agreed I have two dogs and they love going for walks! So it makes me stay active too!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It's all in how they're raised. I knew a few growing up and when I was born my parents already had a white German shepherd who was VERY gentle (but big, of course) so I got very used to all kinds of dogs. I've never met one that scared me.

Pits look tough, but the last time PJ was in my house, my little minpin was going crazy barking and growling and PJ was using me as a shield to keep away from her. lol

My other friends have a rotty. He's HUGE, but he thinks he's a lap dog. I think he has the biggest head I've ever seen.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    3 mini doxies here! They're SO much fun on walks in the park - and runners always get a laugh when 3 10-12 pound doggies are trying to murder them - all on a 3-way hot pink coupler leash :smile:

They love my healthier lifestyle!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have one dog, Delilah. She is a 3 year old lab/irish setter mix. She is the main reason for my 55lb weight loss! For real! We adopted her in August and I have to walk her every single morning. Rain, snow, hot, cold, it doesn't matter, she needs to be walked at least 1 mile every morning. Since my husband isn't up that early, the morning walk is mine to do. :happy: She also gets another 2-3 mile walk in the afternoon from my husband and then at night we take her for a 1-3 mile walk as a family. I love my dog!!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My baby is in my photo. Her name is Sadie and she is a rescue. She is absolutely perfect for us. :) Will even sleep late with us on the weekends!

She is a mix of pitbull, boxer, whippet and hound. Almost 2 years old and full of energy. You can really see the whippet in her when she runs. Her biggest addiction is a yellow tennis ball. We haven't found much that will trump it other than maybe chasing a real cat. I take her for walks at least 3 times a day if not more so she has been a big motivation for me now.

I know I suffer from Seasonal Affected Disorder. I can trace it back to my childhood. But having Sadie and a mild winter has really made this one of my best winters ever. She made me get out and soak in the sunshine.