MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I just went out for a 5mile run (easy). I did an average of 12min mile which is exactly as my 10K training schedule suggests. And I ran the whole thing. I was excited since last week I had a to walk 1/4 mile. This week I have an easy recovery run, a 5 mile tempo run and i end the week with a 6 mile long run.

Have a great day everyone.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning runners!! I had an absolutely fabulous 6.5 mile run this morning! Gorgeous cooler morning! My 2 usual running buddies joined me and then we had 2 other ladies join us too!! Our group is growing! :bigsmile:

Just running for fun for now, no races planned for a little while. I'm sure that I'll find something to shoot for... just need a little mental break from it all for now! :wink:

Also have been doing walking/ jogging/ biking w/ my family in the evenings. I love it that my dd's are so active, my 8yo really wants to shoot for a 5K next summer so she wants to *train* with me. That's the best feeling ever!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I did it....my 1st double digit run!!!:bigsmile: 12.25 miles
    It was amazing! I certainly didn't set any landspeed records, but holy smokes! I ran for 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's insane!!! (11:40 minute miles) My running buddy was having a really bad run, she started cramping about mile 6 and then her stomach got funky about mile 10. I did a lot of running in place or running back to check on her so my time might have been a little faster and distance a little longer. I hit my *high* around mile 4 and it really never left. I discovered some good things for future reference...other than Gatorade and water I did fine, never felt the need for gels or beans. The humidity is ridiculous today, close to 100% but the sun stayed hidden aso that helped a lot. It was my first run on the greenway and I loved it. Although I will say, there are a lot of unbelievably unfriendly people out there. The bikers are incredibly rude and nearly run over everyone. The walkers are very snotty (my theory is that they are threatened by runners! lol!) And much to my disappointment, only one in 4-5 runners acknowledge eachother. That made me sad. :frown: I felt like I was back up North, NOT in the friendly South I have come to love.
    Okay, that's all for now. Need to hydrate!

Have a wonderful run everyone!

Becky
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Started out for an 8 mile run this morning, but I think I pushed the pace too much at the start. Felt great until about mile 7, and all of a sudden I realized I was cooked, so I just walked it home. Now I'm just trying to rehydrate. That's what I get for sleeping in until 7 AM :laugh:

Becky - congrats on the double digits :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    runnerdad- Real smooth haha I'm glad you didn't kill yourself to get through it though cause that would have been worse!

Becky- AWESOME! That is the greatest feeling, you are well on your way to running a marathon :happy:

Jess- I think you deserve a break, I'm sure you'll find something in no time though :happy:

Great job everyone else...! I haven't been on in awhile cause I've been cycling... I'm running a half next week and I hadn't done over 8 since my marathon... ahh! ... anyways I did 10.5 today so I should be fine, HAPPY RUNNING and welcome to all the newbies :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday afternoon everyone!

After a crazy last week or so and school just around the corner (TG!) I finally got a little run in today, 3 miles. Didn't want to over do it since I basically took a week off with no runs :sad:
    Never thought I would miss running :noway:

:smile:
  • saretta71
    Options
    I just ran 8.2 miles this morning for a 1/2 marathon training run and I'm wiped! Is anybody else here training and do they get really tired after those long runs?
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Yay Becky - Congrats on the double digits.

After reading everyone's running report today I feel like a slacker! I did 2 miles this morning. It was the hardest 2 miles I have done in a long time. Everytime I got to a point on the track I had to keep saying to myself only ???? and a 1/2 laps to go. I finished my 2 miles in 23 minutes so I have lost some time BUT I felt great absolutely no PAIN whatsoever. I have to continue doing my stretching and physcial therapy on my own but by the end of September I should be good to go for my race. I also did some thinking today on the boring track. If I can't get my speed up in 8 weeks, I may have to ask someone to take my spot on my team for the mudrun. I can't let the others on my team down due to my injuryl.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I just ran 8.2 miles this morning for a 1/2 marathon training run and I'm wiped! Is anybody else here training and do they get really tired after those long runs?

I used to get pretty tired... just make sure that you have part protein and part carb within a half hour after your run. Don't worry it will get better and then 8 miles will be nothing to you! :happy: and great job...

~Leash :heart:
  • beckyi88
    Options
    Thanks for the kudos everyone! I knew you guys would get how excited I am! :bigsmile:

Funny that you asked this today. The first couple times I did over 5 miles, I nearly died. I was DONE for the day! Today was my longest run ever and I feel good. Now, I DID take about an hour nap after I ate lunch :wink: but I am SHOCKED at how great/energetic/not sore I feel now. I was going to take tomorrow off, but now I've decided I'm going to do the fit test for INSANITY and P90X chest and back tomorrow. Need to get the upper body strength going!
    Your body will adapt so everytime you do a long distance, you'll recover more quickly.
    When is your half? I'm doing mine in December...but now I'm wondering if I should go for the full???
    I have 4 more months to train and honestly 12 felt easy today.
    Good luck!

Becky
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    Raymond- so glad to see you on here. I hope your little girl is feeling better

Becky- You ROCK!!! congratulations on double digits my dear. You are going to be soo ready for your marathon.

Leash- love your new profile pic and cycling sounds like a lot of fun. You are so talented in all that you do, it's awesome!!!

I ran 14 miles this morning :happy: Of course I did go out with co-workers last night to a karaoke bar :noway: and got home at 2:30 am only to wake up at 4:30 and meet the running group at 5. I can't believe I was actually able to run the whole 14, but goodness I am ready to crash now!!
    I am so glad the couple of vodka drinks that I had didn't mess me up during my run (literally LMAO)
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    Raymond- so glad to see you on here. I hope your little girl is feeling better

Becky- You ROCK!!! congratulations on double digits my dear. You are going to be soo ready for your marathon.

Leash- love your new profile pic and cycling sounds like a lot of fun. You are so talented in all that you do, it's awesome!!!

I ran 14 miles this morning :happy: Of course I did go out with co-workers last night to a karaoke bar :noway: and got home at 2:30 am only to wake up at 4:30 and meet the running group at 5. I can't believe I was actually able to run the whole 14, but goodness I am ready to crash now!!
    I am so glad the couple of vodka drinks that I had didn't mess me up during my run (literally LMAO)

Jenny! What the heck were you thinking? haha Awesome job on the 14, I don't think I could have done that without enough sleep... yea the cycling is great, I'm going on a long ride tomorrow, I can't wait! haha I'm such a loser (my sister tells me) lol
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

7.72 miles for me this morning.:drinker: I was scheduled for 8 miles but I was whipped by 92% humidity. I could not have run that last quarter mile if my life depended on it.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I had one of the best runs yesterday (so far - I'm sure there's going to be plenty more :smile: ). I ran for an hour and 10 minutes yesterday at a nice, easy pace....I have no idea how far I went. I just ran and ran up and down hills :happy: . It was incredible!

Leash, I like the new profile pic...you are so pretty!

Becky, congrats on your run!!

WW - WOW - I could have never ran after only 2 hours sleep and drinking the night before. You are the (wo)man!

Sherry, so glad to hear that you could run without pain.

Happy Running everyone! Its a rest day for me. Maybe some upper body strength training. :smile:
  • Emmyleww
    Emmyleww Posts: 278
    Options
    Good Morning! I had to switch my run from yesterday to today because I was out of town. Ran for 3.5 miles this morning for the second time ever and with better time than last. It was a really nice morning, cool and low humidity. A girl could get used to this. I had some serious calf pain through most of it though but I'm starting to think it's just the norm for me. My calves are so tight all the time and now I've been having some major arch pains. It must be my age setting in.:laugh: Maybe volleyball tonight will help.

Great job everyone on your runs! Have a great day!
  • saretta71
    Options
    [[Funny that you asked this today. The first couple times I did over 5 miles, I nearly died. I was DONE for the day! Today was my longest run ever and I feel good. Now, I DID take about an hour nap after I ate lunch :wink: but I am SHOCKED at how great/energetic/not sore I feel now. I was going to take tomorrow off, but now I've decided I'm going to do the fit test for INSANITY and P90X chest and back tomorrow. Need to get the upper body strength going!
    Your body will adapt so everytime you do a long distance, you'll recover more quickly.
    When is your half? I'm doing mine in December...but now I'm wondering if I should go for the full???
    I have 4 more months to train and honestly 12 felt easy today.
    Good luck!

I took a nap too! I did fell better later on in the day, but I exceeded my calories a bit. My half is in October. Wow if you are up to the full marathon I say go for it! The group I'm training with are currently during 12 miles for their long run so you're right on track. Heck, why not right? Good luck!
  • beckyi88
    Options
    Oh My Gawd!!!! :sad:
    I did the INSANITY fit test this morning. I think running another 12 miles would have been easier!
    If this program doesn't shred some fat off my body...nothing will!
    I followed it up with P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X. That scale IS going to start moving again!
    Next run is scheduled for Tuesday...probably an *easy* 7-8 miles. :laugh: Never thought I'd say any run was easy! LOL!
    Have a great day everyone! Be safe and stay injury free!
    Becky
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

7.72 miles for me this morning.:drinker: I was scheduled for 8 miles but I was whipped by 92% humidity. I could not have run that last quarter mile if my life depended on it.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
    Kechie, I feel your pain! I pulled the same stunt yesterday. Was planning to run again today, but it is even hotter today and it just took too long to recover yesterday and I had too much to do today (yard work, laundry mountain, etc).
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
    Kechie, I feel your pain! I pulled the same stunt yesterday. Was planning to run again today, but it is even hotter today and it just took too long to recover yesterday and I had too much to do today (yard work, laundry mountain, etc).
    Thank you:flowerforyou: It is terrible. I have been suffering through the day unable to take a nap. Fortunately my daughter goes to bed early. Tonight I won't be far behind her.:drinker:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Went for a run/walk today. I dont know how far distance wise I went..off to mapmyrun.com but felt good. The anemia things been kicking my butt so Ive taken my pills consistently for a week now and have eaten a fruit and veggie at every meal trying to get some more nutrients in me!! Also the new shoes felt great!! Asics Gel DS Trainers 14-feel light as a feather!