Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• LadyPacis
    LadyPacis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Having read this thread last week, I decided to try both the ACV and VCO to try to get past this month and a half funk I have been in. I was very skeptical but willing to try because I was tired of going between 116-119 for over a month. With a goal of 115, I was so close and getting very frustrated. Today, after only 4 days of having 2 teaspoons of ACV in my morning tea, and using the coconut oil in place of other oils and butter, I weighed in at 113! I was shocked, squealed (very unlike me), and did a happy dance.

I was astonished to see that it was indeed my belly fat that was shrinking! I had a noticeable bump of fat, and had almost accepted that it will never go away. Now, my stomach is almost flat!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    Having a 'blonde' moment ... but what does "bump" mean?

I have always wondered this too.
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    bump
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    So, I made a large mug of Pomegranate Green Tea with about 1 1/2 tsp of honey and a tsp of Coconut Butter....OMG it was SO good!!!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Coconut Oil Facts

Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses
    Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases
    Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candida, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
    Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
    Provides a nutritional source of quick energy
    Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance
    Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids
    Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose
    Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body
    Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis
    Helps relieves symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes
    Reduces problems associated with mal-absorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis
    Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
    Helps protect against osteoporosis
    Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease
    Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers
    Improves digestion and bowel function
    Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids
    Reduces inflammation
    Supports tissue healing and repair
    Supports and aids immune system function
    Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers

Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease
    Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects
    against heart disease
    Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
    Functions as a protective antioxidant
    Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease
    Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do
    Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation
    Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
    Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
    Reduces epileptic seizures
    Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
    Dissolves kidney stones
    Helps prevent liver disease
    Is lower in calories than all other fats
    Supports thyroid function
    Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate
    It Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats
    Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems
    Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection
    Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
    Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin. Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking
    Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
    Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion
    Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun

Thought this was interesting...
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    FYI organic apple cider vinegar dries up your moles also.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat a ton of coconut oil to get the antiviral benefits. I think the isolated form is called lauricidin
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I SWEAR by Bragg's...I have a cup of hot water with lemon, cayenne and Bragg's every morning...it works!!!!
  • catwalking
    Options
    I've been doing the ACV on & off for a while and it may have helped curb my appetite. My stomach seems pretty flat when I take it a few days in a row. 2 tablespoons in 8 oz water. Drink it down then rinse my mouth right away.
  • JoyfullMovement
    JoyfullMovement Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a very informative site on ACV & VCO.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil.html
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i'm a huge skeptic and i didnt actually believe the ACV would work...but i didnt lose anything for about 2 weeks and i started drinking it again this last week (1-2 tbsp's a day, always in 16oz of water and with about a 1/2 a tbsp of raw honey)

I've lost about 3 LBS in the last few days. i'm so shocked, and drinking it right now. i haven't had a spoonful in about 2 days so this should get my system going again.

so far it seems like if it IS helping me lose, i'm not regaining...and typically after i drink it within 12 hours i've lost about .6/LB and then within the 24 hours i'm down about a pound. kind of weird
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just interested to know if anyone started this after this post came out (as I did) and had any results since then. I have been taking a tablespoon of ACV in water just before my tablespoon of coconut oil in my porridge for breakfast for a couple of weeks now. I am not sure I have noticed any changes at all really. My clothes are feeling a bit looser but only way and measure monthly now so have no exact measurements but I am working out and eating well,so guess I should be losing a bit anyway.

Any comments much appreciated Thanks

anna:smile:
  • niatejada
    Options
    What i used to do was eat three meals a day and no snacks and i would drink a cup of water with 2tsp of ACV before each meal....i lost alot of weight but idk if tht did the trick cuz i changed my eatin habbits n exersice more...i havent dont it cuz i really didnt lik the taste of it but i lost 10pound in a month.
    i use coconut oil instead of cookin wit regular oil cuz is healthier.

P.S. the ACV should be Bragg Organic acv, thats the secret other regular acv isnt the same.
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the reply

I got Braggs vinegar online and love the taste, I love vinegar anyway could probably drink it neat:laugh: But dont for the sake of my teeth!!

Good to hear you lost the weight on it, I'll keep going then
  • mealybug1010
    Options
    Why are people saying BUMP? I don't get it
  • jennibell81
    Options
    Bump! I just might try...
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    bump!
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Why are people saying BUMP? I don't get it

It´s just a way of keeping the topic fresh and also gets it included in your topics to read later.

I wondered if anyone had tried the ACV in tablet form, I saw it in the chemist yesterday and was just curious??