Obese woman wants to become world's fattest

Options
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8287163/obese-woman-wants-to-become-worlds-fattest

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arizona-Woman-Wants-to-Be-World-s-Fattest-Prove-Being-Fat-Is-OK-217596.shtml

This is a few links about an Arizona woman who is 330KG (730lbs) who is eating 20'000 calories a day to become the world's most obese woman ever.

Her goal weight is 730KG (1610lbs) :noway:

Quoted from the article - Ms Eman said she was doing it to "break the stigma that being fat is a bad thing", adding that the bigger she became, the more confident and sexy she felt.

Gaining this much weight was deliberate from the start: once she realized she’d lost the battle with the bulge (she was “only” 490 pounds at the time), she decided to use it to her advantage and get as fat as possible without putting her health at risk.

Thought it was an interesting article, what are your thoughts??

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Is this the same lady that went on a brief walk (like literally 10 steps) with the reporter and was breathing heavily by step 5? And then the reporter was like, "Are you feeling out of breath?" And she went, "No! I'm absolutely fine. That's just how it sounds."
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess everyone ought to have a goal.... but this is just sort of sad. She is creating such limits on her life and her health by doing this. I wish her health and happiness, but I don't think this is the way to achieve either.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options

"she decided to use it to her advantage and get as fat as possible without putting her health at risk."

How is her health not already at risk?! She's beyond morbidly obese.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess everyone ought to have a goal.... but this is just sort of sad. She is creating such limits on her life and her health by doing this. I wish her health and happiness, but I don't think this is the way to achieve either.

AGREED!!!This story is just f*cking sad! She has other issues, I'm sure, that has her feeling/thinking this way. No way in the world would you feel sexy or confident at such a weight. This is coming from a man who a little over a year ago was heading towards 700lbs fast! I kept telling myself that I was ok & I didn't care what others thought, but these were lies. Deciding to take my health seriously was the best decision I've ever made. I just hope this poor woman comes to the same conclusion soon.
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    this is just crazy and dangerous..:frown:
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The saddest thing about this is that she says she's arranged for her sister to care for her children if she were to get sick. Just the thought that this woman has children depending on her makes me sick. She has her priorities way out of whack if she believes that getting the title of "world's fattest woman" is more important than living and staying healthy for her own children. :(
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    The saddest thing about this is that she says she's arranged for her sister to care for her children if she were to get sick. Just the thought that this woman has children depending on her makes me sick. She has her priorities way out of whack if she believes that getting the title of "world's fattest woman" is more important than living and staying healthy for her own children. :(

Agree with you!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8287163/obese-woman-wants-to-become-worlds-fattest

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arizona-Woman-Wants-to-Be-World-s-Fattest-Prove-Being-Fat-Is-OK-217596.shtml

This is a few links about an Arizona woman who is 330KG (730lbs) who is eating 20'000 calories a day to become the world's most obese woman ever.

Her goal weight is 730KG (1610lbs) :noway:

Quoted from the article - Ms Eman said she was doing it to "break the stigma that being fat is a bad thing", adding that the bigger she became, the more confident and sexy she felt.

Gaining this much weight was deliberate from the start: once she realized she’d lost the battle with the bulge (she was “only” 490 pounds at the time), she decided to use it to her advantage and get as fat as possible without putting her health at risk.

Thought it was an interesting article, what are your thoughts??

Well, let's hope she makes her money, loses some of that weight, gets serious plastic surgery and donates her spare flesh to the burns unit at the local hospital or something.

I think she's a fool and I hope she realises that she's eating a deposit on a house.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is really sad :( I feel bad for her 2 kids! If anorexia is the desire to be as skinny as possible, and this is the exact opposite, surely it can be considered a psychological disorder as well. I hope she gets help before it's too late.
  • htolen
    htolen Posts: 28
    Options
    This is quite sad. I suspect that she is really just masking the fact that she has given up hope of ever attaining a healthy weight, and so she is WAY over-compensating by gaining as much weight as she can and pretending--maybe even convincing herself--that this is what she really wants. I hope she finds happiness somewhere, somehow...but it won't be in this. It almost seems like adult protective services should step in here; there is obviously some kind of disorder that is making her a danger to herself.
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are providing these people food! I saw my 600lb life (tv show) and a mother actually said, "I give her the food, but I don't make her eat it" and therefore she felt no responsibility for her daughter's life threatening obesity.

I think people who provide food to people who have life threatening obesity should be charged with either manslaughter (if they effectively plead ignorance on the fact that they are killing the obese person) or mores, murder (they know that the person from life threatening obesity and they continue to provide life threatening amounts of food).

How is this legal? Completely disgusting and until we make people responsible, it will continue to happen.

Fact: this woman can't work for her food. So the state that is supplying it and the people who are providing it and we will find a solution to this epidemic!

It is an epidemic, with a television show that gives the lives of many different, yet the same people.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    you can pretend like you are confident, sexy, happy and healthy all you like, simple fact of the matter is, that weight is just not healthy, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

It's awful that she thinks that she is a role model for anyone, least of all her kids. hopefully they'll be embarrassed enough by her, that they choose the alternative (a normal healthy life). unfortunately they'll probably have to see her die too soon after a pretty miserable, depressing, sad end to her life.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    [ Ctrl F > D A R W I N > "No Results" ]

OK, cool. I get to say it first.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Who would do that to themselves.. =/
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to puke! is there people out there that do this deliberately? how is this not dangerous?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Who would do that to themselves.. =/
    People who crave attention whether good or bad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Hope the fire department there has a plan to remove her from her house/apartment when she needs to go to the hospital. And I bet she'll be the first to scream about how undignified it was to be transferred to the hospital in a uhaul instead of an
    amber-lamps

****ing people. **** like this is how Fire/EMS get hurt. **** her.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are providing these people food! I saw my 600lb life (tv show) and a mother actually said, "I give her the food, but I don't make her eat it" and therefore she felt no responsibility for her daughter's life threatening obesity.

I think people who provide food to people who have life threatening obesity should be charged with either manslaughter (if they effectively plead ignorance on the fact that they are killing the obese person) or mores, murder (they know that the person from life threatening obesity and they continue to provide life threatening amounts of food).

How is this legal? Completely disgusting and until we make people responsible, it will continue to happen.

Fact: this woman can't work for her food. So the state that is supplying it and the people who are providing it and we will find a solution to this epidemic!

It is an epidemic, with a television show that gives the lives of many different, yet the same people.

If the daughter you mention were anorexic she woudl be in hospital on a drip - ie everyone would have done what they could to make her eat differently from her inclination for the sake of saving her life.

why is it that when some kid has a mental disorder at the other end of the spectrum, nobody feels sorry for her, nobody cares about it, and nobody steps in and does anything? Surely continuing to feed an overobese child is just the same as allowing an anorexic to starve to death?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    jabba.jpg

Why you hatin???
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This just pisses me off. This woman should be ashamed of herself for doing this to her kids. The comment about making sure her sister was on standby for her kids says to me that despite her denials, she knows what she is doing is dangerous and likely to kill her. She's selfish, and her children should not be part of this at all.
This discussion has been closed.