silly things that attracts you ...

Options

Replies

• Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Things that I absolutely love about my favorite dork:

His nerdy sense of humor.

The way he plays the guitar so intently.

The way he could make me laugh, even on my sh!ttiest days.

How passionate he is about his interests and goals.

The way he is rough, yet gentle when he grabs me.

His geeky I.T. speak

How incredibly witty he is

How he doesn't always let me get my way

How he can grab me with just one hand
    Thanks goodness people like you exist. I feel a bit better now.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The way a guys' hair curls up on the nape of his neck
    T-shirts with nice shoulders underneath
    Humour, intelligence, sarcasm, wit
    Walking towards a man you see as attractive--you look at him just as you're about to pass and catch him looking at you,
    And my personal fave...watching men play hockey...:wink:
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    Weiner makes me laugh like a school girl. :)
    ahhhh me too lmao:laugh:
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options

Arm and hand vains when they stick up under the skin

that is kinda sexy :)
  • kathleennnnn
    Options
    really good-smelling armpits
    beards
    not ashamed to sing in the car with me
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Um...they aren't the classic turn-ons that populate romance novels, like most of the females on here. A lot of guys are intimidated by intelligence. A lot of guys don't like "geekiness". A lot of guys don't like girls with glasses. A lot of guys prefer vamps over girl-next-doors. Hardly cliche. Cliche for guys would be "large boobs, small waist, long hair, size 0, high soft voice, tan skin, submissive personality, hot in the bedroom" etc.

My depression comes from the lack of diversity across all of the responses, not in any one response.

The list you posted is what I hear every single guy ever say he likes in a woman. Just sayin! And if you doubt me, pick up any magazine ever that asks men what they like and you will see at least one of the items you listed as your preference. :)
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    As for my silly attractions:

-Intelligence. A smart girl bumps her hotness level up five points. Sometimes I'll watch Jeopardy and there will be an reasonably attractive woman on there. I'm usually smitten.
    -Sense of humor. Another huge turn-on.
    -Braces. Since I was a kid I've always thought braces were cute. Still do.
    -A really cute pony tail is a big turn-on
    -Like other guys, I like girls who can pull off the ball cap look
    -Glasses. Not hipster oversize glasses but normal ones
    -A nice butt....big or small it just has to be there and have some shape. Some girls who are otherwise in shape and attractive have flat, shapeless butts. This is a deal-breaker.
    -Sun dresses. They accentuate everything I love about women.
    -A girl who plays with her hair while waiting at a stop light
    -Geekiness. I love me some female geeks. My ideal girl is Kari Byron on Mythbusters.
    -Girl-next-doorness if that's a word, and I'm pretty sure it's not

You were discouraged by this thread and then you go on to participate in it by stating your preferences? And low and behold they're just as cliched!!!!

Everyone has things they like and things they don't like. Cliche or not that's just how it is.

Um...they aren't the classic turn-ons that populate romance novels, like most of the females on here. A lot of guys are intimidated by intelligence. A lot of guys don't like "geekiness". A lot of guys don't like girls with glasses. A lot of guys prefer vamps over girl-next-doors. Hardly cliche. Cliche for guys would be "large boobs, small waist, long hair, size 0, high soft voice, tan skin, submissive personality, hot in the bedroom" etc.

My depression comes from the lack of diversity across all of the responses, not in any one response.

Actually, A lot of the stuff on your list is what a lot of guys like especially the cliche "A nice butt".
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Whispers in my ear
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dark haired guys ooft! Sort of like the tall, dark and handsome thang going on! ;) haha
    A guy that's moderately tall too. Quite rugged...I don't like for a guy to be too clean shaven.. ;D

BUT most importantly? Of course the biggest turn on would be intelligence. :')
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A man that smells like he has been workin! Comes home greasy from a long hard day on the job. RAWR! I also love a man with a strong jaw line. Swoooon!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    a couple days scruff on a mans face :))
    certain men when wearing a hat backwards :love:
    a great smile
    triceps
    I nice tight white tshirt or tank :heart:
    bunker gear always does it!!
    really anything to do with a firefighter gets my attention
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    When hubby is wearing a clean, white t-shirt. He smells and feels so good!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I absolutely love when a guy gets completely geeked out about something. :laugh: super excited and spouting off about his new computer or game or a movie coming out. Seriously makes me want to jump him.

My Bubby does this. He will be SO EXCITED about it and excited to tell me about it :)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    A guy in a great suit! Example, Matt Bomer in "White Collar." UGH. He can wear a suit. I like guys in glasses too. I'm not sure either of these things counts as silly though!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    According to every post here...I should NOT be single...WTF.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    1. Being called darlin'... no clue why
    2. A guy that can be a huge goofball sometimes paired with a very attractive body is probably the best
    3. A good college gpa in an engineering/math/science related field and still being an extrovert
    4. Already mentioned, but a couple days scruff
    5. Calves, nice awesome strong calves
  • LifeLongJourney
    Options
    Scent. Scruff, of nicely styled facial hair. I also tend to check out shoulders and jaw lines. I also do enjoy a pair of sophisticated glasses.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Short, dark curly hair lol.
    A cheeky little smile.
    Big muscles, think the incredible hulk lol.
    A slight beard looool.
    Big manly hands.
    A guy smartly dressed.

Not much then lol.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    On the physical side: broad shoulders...oh yes, please. Tall. Big, strong hands. Big arms. A butt you can grab.

Type of personality: Confident, almost arrogant, but not mean. Strong character. Honest. Someone who is willing to stand up to me and my strong opinions. Caring.

In a nutshell, my husband. The first time we met, I knew he was the one. :heart:
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You can't bother him when he plays League of Legends.. Or else he can get ganked when your talking to him.. That's what happens when my girl friend talks to me lol

That's why you play WITH him, I learned that quickly :)