"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients today because this morning I volunteered to be a driver and take my daughter's classmates on a field trip to see the play "Cinderella" at our local stage theater. Normally I would have a TKO session tonight too, but they are resurfacing the floor so gotta wait till Sunday to do it!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment:Bought KFC for dinner, but still was within calorie range.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Ballroom dance tonight. Ate some fish and a salad for lunch, so I'm already way under in calories. May or may not eat after dance. Always feels good to have a super low deficit day. I'm not actually in too much pain after training my 5K two days in a row. Some muscle soreness, but I can handle it. Been icing my muscles and that seems to help them recover much quicker. The hip still has a little pain lingering in it, but it's steadily getting better. I'm so relieved.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    TGIF!

Friday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

Calf raises: 4x15.

One-legged squat: 2x10.
  • ninerbuff
    Good work! Keep it up through the weekend and make sure to get the rest you need.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! So no class for me this morning because I go in to take the test for my recertification ACE. I'm reupping my PT and also a new group fitness cert (I used to have AFAA). No luck needed because I should know my *kitten* by now!
    Later we go visit my MIL and my cousin's baby again!

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Down a little!
  • brandiuntz
    Hope the test went well, Niner.

Saturday: HIIT Cardio.

HIIT

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 10 sets (10 minutes total).
    3. 20 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging. 14 minutes.
    5. 15 minutes cool down jog.

Food: back on track.
  • ninerbuff
    PASSED! I barely studied too. Most of it came back to me as I reread the questions over and over. They give you 3 hours to complete it, but I did it in just under 2 hours. Well at least I'm Certified for another 2 more years.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Hey congrats on the re-certification Niner!

I had a crazy few weeks ... business travel, then pneumonia! No workouts, bad nutrition, especially as I recovered and ate too many "comfort foods." I hate being sick.

Finally got back in the swing of things TODAY. New avatar for a new beginning. Nutrition good; a few too many carbs but total calories are where they should be.

Total body weight routine, four sets of each exercise (two "warmup" sets with lighter weights, and two "working" sets), 8 reps for each set.

Squats - working at 165# (down from where I was, but that was tough after the time off)
    Bench press - 185#
    Bent-over rows - 135#
    Overhead barbell press - 95#
    Stiff-legged deadlifts - 105#
    Barbell curls (EZ bar) - 65#
    Calf raises (dumbbells) - 45#s.

Followed with 100 situps/crunches (4x25.)

This workout is a progressive routine; the details and discussion (if anyone's interested) are here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
  • brandiuntz

I had a crazy few weeks ... business travel, then pneumonia! No workouts, bad nutrition, especially as I recovered and ate too many "comfort foods." I hate being sick.

Finally got back in the swing of things TODAY. New avatar for a new beginning. Nutrition good; a few too many carbs but total calories are where they should be.

Total body weight routine, four sets of each exercise (two "warmup" sets with lighter weights, and two "working" sets), 8 reps for each set.

Squats - working at 165# (down from where I was, but that was tough after the time off)
    Bench press - 185#
    Bent-over rows - 135#

This workout is a progressive routine; the details and discussion (if anyone's interested) are here:

Nice workout! Way to get back to it!

Congrats, Niner!
  • ninerbuff

Bench press - 185#
    Bent-over rows - 135#

Good to see you! Back to the workouts!
  • ninerbuff

Bench press - 185#
    Bent-over rows - 135#

Nice workout! Way to get back to it!

Congrats, Niner!
    Thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    Start my 3rd class session of TKO today! My DW is actually taking this one too. Ought to be fun instructing and also having one of our newest trainers learning how to instruct the class as a sub in case I am ill or go on vacation.
  • spartacus69
    That's a good idea, Niner. There's usually another instructor or two taking the classes when I go to LA Boxing. They seem to learn from each other too.

Speaking of which... Boxing today, 1 hour, ~450 cals. Not quite as intense a workout as kickboxing, but still felt great.
  • brandiuntz
    Sunday: Softball tournament to start off our spring season. Dear Gawd, I'm tired and sore. We played 4 games. This summer is going to be a scorcher if the temps out there today are any indication. I got to be catcher for all 4 games. Think I need a couple of days to recover from all those squats!

Food: Needless to say, I'm under on calories today.
  • ninerbuff
    That's a good idea, Niner. There's usually another instructor or two taking the classes when I go to LA Boxing. They seem to learn from each other too.

Speaking of which... Boxing today, 1 hour, ~450 cals. Not quite as intense a workout as kickboxing, but still felt great.
    She's great. Sometimes some instructors vie for certain clientele and try to one up each other and will go about it in an unethical way. Fortunately I'm not a greedy person and never feel threatened if someone else wants to learn the way I instruct and may want to instruct a class of their own. While it's great to be competitive, it's more important to be a team player.
  • ninerbuff
    Sunday: Softball tournament to start off our spring season. Dear Gawd, I'm tired and sore. We played 4 games. This summer is going to be a scorcher if the temps out there today are any indication. I got to be catcher for all 4 games. Think I need a couple of days to recover from all those squats!

Food: Needless to say, I'm under on calories today.
    You need to invest in cooling fans that can be attached to the cathchers gear.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 2 clients this morning, 1 this evening and TKO class tonight! I like Mondays!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Weight is pretty high today, but it's probably because of all the sodium last night.
  • spartacus69

Four games in a day?!?!? Yikes. Hey my younger daughter plays catcher too. Hot, sweaty, dusty stuff!

10D_8163-04Jun11.jpg

TODAY: Ab Ripper X in the morning, then the "medium" full-body strength workout this evening - same as before but ~10% less weight.

Squats - working at 155#
    Bench press - 170#
    Bent-over rows - 120#
    Overhead barbell press - 85#
    Stiff-legged deadlifts - 95#
    Barbell curls (EZ bar) - 60#
    Calf raises - well okay I did NOT do calf raises; my calves are SORE from boxing yesterday. Subbed in tricep extensions with the EZ bar at 60#s. I may do that once a week ...

Good nutrition today!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Had a great run today! I am so stoked to best my time, yet again! I can't believe how much I'm accomplishing by simply not making excuses.

Personal best time on 3 miles, again! This amounts to a 8:38 average per mile. I can't wait to blast 8 minute miles!! It'll be great when I can do this clearly, consistently, and without hurting! Looks like my 5K will go really well hopefully!

That being said...You can't keep the dancer out of this girl! Here's my runner's stretching looking an awful lot like a dance pose...hahaha.

tumblr_m1iwk6Ola31r0mu6a.jpg

FOOD: Ate way too much today, not gonna worry about it. Loved every bite.
  • brandiuntz

Four games in a day?!?!? Yikes. Hey my younger daughter plays catcher too. Hot, sweaty, dusty stuff!

10D_8163-04Jun11.jpg

TODAY: Ab Ripper X in the morning, then the "medium" full-body strength workout this evening - same as before but ~10% less weight.

Squats - working at 155#
    Bench press - 170#
    Bent-over rows - 120#
    Overhead barbell press - 85#
    Stiff-legged deadlifts - 95#
    Barbell curls (EZ bar) - 60#
    Calf raises - well okay I did NOT do calf raises; my calves are SORE from boxing yesterday. Subbed in tricep extensions with the EZ bar at 60#s. I may do that once a week ...

Good nutrition today!

Very cool about your daughter playing catcher! We play recreational slow pitch, so no catcher's gear for me (and my shins have the bruises to show for it). I can't even imagine fast-pitch softball. That's tough for a catcher!

Monday: Rest Day.

I'm seriously sore in all muscles that are below my neck. All that working out still never prepares you for a hard day of sports. Had a blast, though.

Food: On target.