Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    no def not related to TOM. I've literally haven't been logging since the 4th and have been eating anything I want. I didn't exercise much either. It's completely my own fault. I started back on track yesterday. I hope I stay on track too!

Just remember where you were when you started...you don't want to go back to that, if that's not motivation I don't know what is. Do you set any mini goals? If you don't you should. Say loose 5 more and treat yourself to a mani/pedi. 10 pounds go buy a new outfit...ect.
    I can't use the reward system as I have so little to loose or possibly gain. I'm just trying to get my pre-baby body back. I've already got some awesome biceps and legs...it's the tummy that just won't go back. I am hoping for a tummy tuck next year. My ab muscles split when I was preggers and I have lots of excess skin (the one and only downside to having a kid :laugh: ).
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Well I gained half my weight back. I lost 12 lbs...but gained 6 back. So, I'm pretty darn close to being back where I started when I first came to MFP.
    I do have small goals. I'm hoping to lose those 6 lbs by Aug 20. I'm giving myself 1 month to lose it. I don't really need a reward, I feel like losing those 6 lbs is a reward in itself.
    You're luck with have awesome arms and legs. I really need to work on my upper arms and my inner thighs. Oh they gross me out lol
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I think it's those gains and losses are what keeps me motivated, it gets easier to bounce back!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Where has CourtneyTree been? I haven't seen her post in awhile.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Where has CourtneyTree been? I haven't seen her post in awhile.

I've been thinking the same thing. Another vacation?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yea maybe.

speaking of vacations....I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow morning! I can't wait! My life has been a roller coaster this summer....I'm stressed out to the MAX. Vacation couldn't come at a more perfect time :smile:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    yea maybe.

speaking of vacations....I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow morning! I can't wait! My life has been a roller coaster this summer....I'm stressed out to the MAX. Vacation couldn't come at a more perfect time :smile:

I wish you could take me with you! lol. We're saving for a trip to Alaska...so no trip this year. :sad:
  • jlauren6
    Options
    That's so funny, I've been on Expedia.com all day looking for a place to go! The beach sounds nice! Have fun:drinker:
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I am so happy to see a Veggie Group!!!

Goal weight loss in lbs - 13 lbs.

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- Haven't thought that far ahead... I do have a beautiful cat named Audrey. She is four, and though I try to pretend I am not a crazy cat-lady, I sorta am:) We treat her like our child and she is spoiled!

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? Vegetarian for 2 years.

Age- 23

Anything else you want to share - I am so happy to see this group formed! I am new to the MFP, and have enjoyed reading everyone's post and look forward to reading everyone's successes! --I also look forward to writing my own:)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey Bklynch! Welcome to our veggie group :happy:

I just wanted to stop in quickly and say goodbye to everyone! I'm on my way to NC for vacation! :happy: I'll be back the 2nd. Hope everyone has a great week!:flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    As Kid said...welcome! It's always great to see other veg heads out there. What prompted you to stop eating meat?
    I've never eaten red meat so I can't say that I ever enjoyed it. I have eaten chicken and seafood...I still do eat seafood about 1-2 times a month. I don't eat eggs unless they are baked into something. I was a vegan for many years...but I love honey so I went back to being a vegetarian. My hubby and daughter both love meat (if only I could change their perspectives....not likely).
    Best of luck on this journey. :flowerforyou:
  • CourtneyTree
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say HELLO!
    Life has taken me on a crazy ride latly..but im still here!
    I am even down a few lbs! GO ME!!!!!!
    Hope everyone is well!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Hey y'all. I haven't been on much lately...and neither have y'all lol. My daughter starts school tomorrow so it's been a bit of a mad dash getting everything ready and going to open house last night. I'll be happy when a routine is established.
    How is everyone doing?
    I haven't been running but twice a week instead of my normal 4-5 days. I'm such a slacker.
    We're going to have a grill out this weekend...yum! My husbands friend just came back from Washington state and brought a huge salmon...so we'll be living off of that for a few days. Make some kabobs with the salmon and some veggies...it'll be yummy. If only I could pass up the beer...but I can't. I love my Guiness too much. :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Goal weight loss in lbs - 14 to get to pre-baby weight and then another 15 to get to my happeeeee weight!

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- 1 baby girl, 10 weeks this friday!

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? - My husband and I have both been on and off for the last decade. Now that we have our daughter we've resolved that we want to raise her Vegi, so no more yo-yo-ing (so tp speak) :bigsmile:

Age- 21

Anything else you want to share - I'm so happy that this group exists! Woo!
  • jlauren6
    Options
    Welcome! Your daughter is super cute!
  • apparatus195316
    Options
    Welcome! Your daughter is super cute!

Thank you! <3
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    just stopping in to say hello! I haven't posted anything for awhile. I'm on a plateau, yuck. It could prob be bc I'm not exercising as much..guess I should prob get on that. Maid, I'm a slacker too lol no worries

rabbitapparatus welcome!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am newly trying to go vegetarian and was looking for a group to join and found this thread. Could I maybe join you all? :)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    hey abr25

I'm not sure where the other girls went to that used to post on this thread. I am the last person to post n e thing, which was in aug and no one responded. Maybe try making a new thread? or maybe more ppl will join this one. It would be nice to have other vegetarians to talk to :smile:
  • apparatus195316
    Options
    Goal weight loss in lbs - 18

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- 1 gorgeous baby girl name Tabitha...8 months old tomorrow!

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? - Vegetarian on and off since I was 14...I've been committed (and NOT anemic, for once, lmao) since my daughter was born, and plan to raise her vegetarian as well.

Age- 22

Anything else you want to share - I'm going to visit my family in Italy in May and I MUST NOT BE THE FAT AMERICAN RELATIVE!!