rbjcksn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tasty nut and fruit snack bars: Recipe makes 16

Calories: 207
    Protein: 14
    Carbs: 26
    Fat: 5

low cal butter (1 teaspoon)
    200g Mixed fruit and nut muesli roughly ground (no bits bigger than a pea)
    100g oats (ground in a blender or by hand)
    60g of your favourite protein shake mix (I use sci-mx Lean mrf)
    1 Egg (beated)
    Handful of mashed up blueberry
    50ml water
    100ml 0% fat milk

Soak the muesli and the oats in the milk overnight in a large bowel. Add in the water, the protein shake mix, and the egg. stir together for 2-3 mins. Grease 2 1/2 inch baking trays with your favourite low calorie butter and spead the mixture inside the baking tray evenly. Push the blueberry's into the mixture spaced out evenly.

Bake for 45mins on 175 Deg, make sure to run a knife round the edge when you take it out of the oven, leave to cool completely then cut up into snack sized pieces.
  • gayletgreat
    gayletgreat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually snack at mid morning and mid afternoon to keep the 'fires burning' and go for the convenient Balderson 1 oz packets of old white cheddar and a handful of Marie's glutten free seed crackers.. or a piece of fruit with the beloved cheese.
  • anewrac
    anewrac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cook some pumpkin and mash it up with a little ground cumin and it's a delish topper for Philly on Cruskits or rice thins ;)
  • joyspear
    joyspear Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll be back..some great ideas here!
  • joyspear
    joyspear Posts: 20
    Options
    "Bump" allows folks to "bookmark" a topic so it will be in their "My Topics", then they can return to it later. Someone else asked this question a few weeks ago and recieved a reply, otherwise I would still be wondering.:blushing:
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I have seen so many fabulous ideas on here!!! I will definately be trying ALOT of these in the near future!!!
  • Irisballoon
    Irisballoon Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers with cream cheese and sliced grapes

THat sounds so good! I'm going to have to try that one day!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • Irisballoon
    Irisballoon Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

yes this! and celery with almond butter (or fresh nut butter) and a few raisins. brings me back to childhood days of ants on a log. also, it's got fruit, veggie and a fat. I tend to lean towards this if I have a sugar craving after dinner!

Here's another twist to "ants on a log": celery, with a laughing cow swiss cheese wedge and craisins! It's delish!

This sounds amazing. The cheese how does that taste? I love sharp cheddar , regular cheddar and white cheddar is also good. I LOVE cheese
  • meganmcg77
    Options
    bump! Great ideas!
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

yes this! and celery with almond butter (or fresh nut butter) and a few raisins. brings me back to childhood days of ants on a log. also, it's got fruit, veggie and a fat. I tend to lean towards this if I have a sugar craving after dinner!

Try celery with laughing cow cheese spread (light swiss) topped with craisins, it's a spin-off of "ants on a log"!

EDIT: I think I posted this at the same time as someone else :) it is good.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Bump Bum-pity Bump Bump Bump
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to read this later!
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a bad sweet tooth. So, my snack is usually a fruit sometime throughout the day and a pure protein bar. I love grapes and apples with peanut butter!
  • abibrand
    abibrand Posts: 10
    Options
    bump
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Honey wheat pretzels with a little wispride cheddar cheese. High in sodium though, but oh so good. I do have to watch myself or I'll eat the whole bag of pretzels.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

your housemates seem like quacks

pb and banana (and almost ANYTHING) is delicious
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There are so many great ideas in here!

I personally really enjoy Stacy's Pita Chips with a little bit of low-fat French Onion dip or homemade onion dip.

I also love making smoothies with fruit and yogurt, then adding a little bit of cocoa powder to get that chocolatey fix!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    bump
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great recipes.