Your 3 best investments for fitness?

Options

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    1. appropriate shoes for whatever I'm doing (chucks for lifting, some Brooks running shoes for running)
    2. Membership to a good gym
    3. Personal training sessions
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I cant live without....

1. Ipod touch/Iphone with fast music. You would be surprised the different the type of music you listen to impacts how hard you work.

2. HRM. I use the Polar FT4. I cant tell you how important this is to me. The machines and MFP estimates were completely wrong and over estimated by at least 30-50% of the calories I actually burned.

3.Gym membership. It keeps me accountable. If I am driving 20 minutes to the gym and exercising with others, I need to bring it. Whats the point if I half-a.. it? I am only letting myself down if I do.
  • sarahjaynestewart
    Options
    1. Nike "Span 8" trainers

2. Food Scales

3. Various equipment....Wii Fit+ and remote weights, Elliptical (cross-trainer), Ab Circle pro..Etc.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this at hiome, so:

1. Free weights
    2. Stationary bike
    3. Workout DVDs
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1. My water/sweat resistant headphones, because I've RUINED so many before I got these, it isn't even funny.
    2. Proper gym attire, because bouncy "girls" are a distraction to EVERYONE, including me, and proper shoes help keep you pain free.
    3. Gym membership, because getting my butt into gear to head to the gym keeps me motivated.

(almost made the cut, my heart rate monitor, because it gives a better picture of the calories I'm burning; my food scale & measuring cups, because they help keep me as accountable as I can for what I put in my mouth... at home, at least; my ipod nano, which was a gift, to replace my large ipod. I love it because if it falls, it isn't heavy enough to pull off of the headphones, and it has the Nike+ app)
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. My personal trainer (for years now)
    2. My treadmill on the attic
    3. My food scales
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    1. My DAB radio/IPOD

2. Comfy pair of trainers which hardly ever come off my feet (except at bedtime!)

3. My gazelle/DVDs
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1. Fitbit which I love

2. MFP

3. Gym membership
  • Carim007
    Carim007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1. My elliptical machine

2. Heart rate monitor

3. New scales

Absolutely ...!!!

Exactly the same as eeza56 !!!
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1. iPhone with MFP and Pedometer apps

2. My Vibrams....LOVE EM!!

3. Time
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Ok. You've at least made me more intrigued. With so many responses of HRM I went ahead and used an Amazon gift card that has been burning in my pocket towards a Polar FT4. As of now I'm finding it more interesting than helpful, but fingers crossed with time I love it as much as so many of you! :)
  • clements1972
    Options
    1. My gym membership
    2. Personal Trainer
    3. Dietician
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1) My gym membership

2) My HRM. I bought it a year ago and it was one of the best investments I've ever made. I love knowing approximately how many calories I burn per workout... usually my HRM shows a figure way lower than the machines!

3) Jillian Michaels workout DVDs (though I'm looking to add Chalean Extreme & the Butt Bible into the mix once I get through my JM DVDs - I kinda went crazy and bought 5 at once! lol). My gym is Retro Fitness and while it's cheap at $20/month, all the classes are an extra $10/class except for the odd free class now and then. I used to like the classes at my old gym and the JM DVDs remind me of the classes I used to take there. I actually like the DVDs better because I can do them in the privacy of my own home.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    1. My bike
    2. My trail running shoes
    3. My home Gym
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1. Sports bra ( I can focus on working out instead of gravity haha)
    2. Good food
    3. Subscription to muscle and fitness Hers.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good thread!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    1. Personal Trainer
    2. Home Gym
    3. Body Bugg
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1. Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
    2. Food Scale
    3. Subscription to Runner's World
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1. The right mind set (this one took me awhile)

2. HRM

3. Good, easy to use food scale
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1. Wii Fit Plus, and assorted fitness "games"

2. Dumbells/weights/resistant band, etc

3. Fitbit Ultra