Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Two Whippets here, my best mates, one nearly three and the other 14 months called Sugden & Ripley.

Not only do they help me to get out and exercise but they've helped me with my anxiety and depression also.

No home should be without a dog.

We go lure coursing at the weekends, it is great to see the dogs doing what they were bred to do albeit chasing a plastic bag rather than a Hare these days!

IMG_0197.jpg
    Ripley out in front.

IMG_0212.jpg
    Ripley at full stretch!

IMG_0101.jpg
    Sugden tucked in.

IMG_3466.jpg
    Their favourite spot for a snooze, my lap!

Seeing this pictures made me realize why the Vet thinks there is some whippet in our dog.... she has boxer and some pitt in her too. But those back legs are just like my dog and she can run like all get out! :) I love these pictures, beautiful dogs.
  • engmomma
    engmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 yo whippet. And you know what they say...dogs and their owners sometimes resemble each other...I hope one day to be skinny and fast. :)
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    We adopted an Australian cattle dog last year. She wasn't quite a year old when we got her. If you've ever read anything about them, they are VERY high energy dogs, and need to play ALOT. Sunday I took her outside and we played frisbee for almost an hour. She has boundless energy, and can catch a frisbee mid air. While I'm the one throwing the frisbee, it still gets me out doing something that requires a little effort, but it's better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. She's been good for all of us.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My girl, Mischief, is the only reason I got interested in nutrition and fitness in the first place. I was trying to do my best for her, and looked at the best possible food to feed her, and kept getting deeper and deeper. About the time I was walking through the health-food co-op looking for grass-fed meats for her, I realized, ya I don't even eat that good, and started looking at my own nutrition.

We walk together, run together, do agility, obedience and tracking. We camp and canoe together. We also snooze in the hammock together. She's a Thai Ridgeback and she's my best friend.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I have a big (I say big because when he sits down he is almost as big as me) beautiful golden retriever named Alex. He is an awesome dog and I take him on nice long walks. We love it!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have a Yorkie named Fiona, who is so awesome, she will be 4 tomorrow, and then we have a Yellow Lab/pitt mix named Honey who is 4
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old boy, his name is Prince. He's a golden retriever, very friendly to everyone & he doesn't bark except when he is hungry or needs anything hehehe...

Here is my old photo with him way back when I was still heavier

IMG0025A.jpg
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    We've got an 11 year old Jack Russell Terrior (Spike) and a 4 month 45 lb Rottie (Rock). Our rottie definitely makes us get in some extra exercise and I love it.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    We have 3 Black Labs and an Australian Shephard. They are always on the go.
  • yherrman
    yherrman Posts: 19
    Options
    We have a pound puppy JRT/Whippet mix. She loves to run, but is way too fast for me, and is stranger dog agressive, so she mostly sticks to the backyard. We also have my mother in laws Long haired chihauhau. I love the pets, but neither of them actually gets walked, nor are they ever crated, but they love to chase the rabbits in the backyard!
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Loooove my fur boys....I have two boxers, my "old" boy Levi is 10 and our young one, Indy, is 10 months old. They are both on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to exercise though...Levi is pretty limpy and can't walk too far and of course Indy is just oozing energy! Lol
  • blondey040300
    Options
    We rescued a lab/golden retriever mix 7 years ago. He has definitely been a great help in getting me moving! We have been taking long walks at night and he loves it! He sees me put my sneakers on and he runs over to his leash...I think he is enjoying the walks too

IMG_0595.jpg
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My Baxter is a blue-eyed, bi-color Beagle. Sweetest boy ever! He was a rescue doggy and huge handful when I got him. 5 years later and he's mellowed a lot. Loves his walks/hunts as long as it's not too hot out. Keeps my butt moving!!!
  • heatherrose86
    heatherrose86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do! I have a 1.5 year-old boxer named Bodie. I walk with him several times a week at a brisk pace and take him to the dog park as often as possible... it's a 15-minute walk both ways up hill. While we're at the park I try to move around as much as possible too. I work at home so he is a great excuse to get out of the apartment and move around.

Here he is enjoying himself at the park.

314347_624441829458_304703548_3851645_728598791_n.jpg
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have two greyhounds. Cole-11 Sadie-3 1/2
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    Between my mom and I we walk our golden everyday in the morning and after we feed him. I think exercise is so important for ourselves and our furry family member. I love to take him swimming in the summer for a workout and playing soccer!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and can not WAIT til my pup is old enough to go on runs with me. She is a rescue dog as well, and we're told she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pit Bull mix, but who knows with the pound puppies :) She's almost 6 months old and it's not recommended that they go on runs with you until 10-12 months, so we've got some training time til then! Here's my sweet girl, her name is Holly (we got her for our son for Christmas this past year)

holly2233.jpg?t=1331064702
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    We have an American Bulldog, she's awesome. greats with kids and protective but not aggressive.

03.JPG
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Rescued Dobermann girlie called Lily. Walks the legs off me twice a day. We are very lucky in that we live in a lovely rural part of West Wales with loads of hills/mountains and forest all round, so I get plenty of exercise!

We are just starting to do Cani-X, but she is still pretty "tuggy" - and I would like to get her scootering/running by a bike too.

I love her to bits - she is just sooo gorgeous and kindly :love:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have a one year old Staffie. I take him on Hikes with me everyday!

They definately benefit your health and fill your life with happiness!! :happy:

:heart: Love to Animals :heart: