tatoos>>>>?

Options

Replies

• JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Sorry, but whether you're going to admit it or not, tattoos are a huge trend. How many TV shows are there about it now? It's just a fact.

I don't think it's fair that you generalize it like this

I have 3, the first is Thumper over my belly button. My favourite line is the one about saying nothing if you don't have anything nice to say. The second is a lower back banner, or as most would call it "a tramp stamp". It has all 3 of my children's zodiac symbols and usually sits below my pant line. The third wraps around my ankle and is the words "f@*k cancer" masked by an EKG line. My brother, sister, Mom and I all got the same tattoo 2 days after my step-dad died suddenly from a cancer that no one even knew that he had. As you can see, this was not a "trend" for me. It was something very personal each time.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It's none of my beeswax who gets what tattoo. I do not like them or find them attractive and would never get one. But that is just my opinion, if tattoos make people happy, I am all for them.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    fad (fd)
    n.
    A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time; a craze.

Hmmmm....wonder how brief of a period of time it would have to be to be considered a fad. I got my first one 15 years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were popular then, too!
    I didn't call it a fad. I called it trendy, which it is.

OMG, are you EVER going to let this go? What is wrong with you?
    OMG, are you EVER going to let this go? What is wrong with you?

I'm out. I feel like I'm trying to communicate with a 4-year-old.
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos are beauftiful and a work of art. I have no problem with them, I have 2 myself and want to get more..... however it is a personal choice as they are not for everyone!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    fad (fd)
    n.
    A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time; a craze.

Hmmmm....wonder how brief of a period of time it would have to be to be considered a fad. I got my first one 15 years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were popular then, too!

I think depending on WHY you got the tattoo determines if it is trendy or not.
    Maybe. However the discussion was whether tattoos in general are currently trendy. To argue otherwise is to deny reality.

Not maybe. Someone who gets a Chinese symbol that means "princess"..or suppose to mean that (lol) is pretty trendy in my book. But...someone like my friend who has a Celtic cross or my other friend who has the hammer of Thor....those are entirely different reasons.
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For myself?............... NO, but i certainly can enjoy lovely body art on a woman... I don't make assumptions about people with body art. The fact that some people have the bravery to do it is incredible.. If you want it, go for it i say! :)
  • heidiqn
    heidiqn Posts: 1
    Options
    So I am one of those people who has a tattoo but not where it is visible all day long. O.k. for sure, but in moderation and to me they should have meaning, be personally designed, or a memorial of someone/something. Not really fond of the generic tattoo or symbols that people assume mean what they are being told it means?
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Sorry, but whether you're going to admit it or not, tattoos are a huge trend. How many TV shows are there about it now? It's just a fact.

I have 3, the first is Thumper over my belly button. My favourite line is the one about saying nothing if you don't have anything nice to say. The second is a lower back banner, or as most would call it "a tramp stamp". It has all 3 of my children's zodiac symbols and usually sits below my pant line. The third wraps around my ankle and is the words "**** cancer" masked by an EKG line. My brother, sister, Mom and I all got the same tattoo 2 days after my step-dad died suddenly from a cancer that no one even knew that he had. As you can see, this was not a "trend" for me. It was something very personal each time.
    Nothing you said counters the notion that tattoos are trendy. They are. I can buy something or do something that's trendy for a very personal reason without changing the fact that the thing/activity is trendy.

I'll give you an example. Smartphones are trendy. I own one. I get a lot of productivity out of my smartphone, including using the MFP app to record my workouts etc. It is a great addition to my life. None of this changes the fact that they are trendy, nor do I get defensive if someone who doesn't have a smartphone calls them trendy, because it's a fact.
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    As the saying goes. Arguing on the net is like entering the idiot olympics, you may win (or think you win), but you're still an idiot.
  • JetzGurl
    Options
    And to that one who asked about what will I do when I get older, here's my answer :bigsmile:

tatold.jpg

haha! Nice!!

Love! I always get the question about having tattoos when I'm in a nursing home when I'm old. I tell people that I don't care whether people like them now, so I'm a lot less likely to care when I'm old and senile! LOL!

My Mom got a pair of lips tattoo'd on her *kitten* so that when she ends up in a nursing home, the people that have to change her diapers will get a chuckle :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like some tats, but I don't like small ones. I LOVE beautifully designed and drawn sleeves. They are like a piece of art on the skin. Gorgeous stuff.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    And to that one who asked about what will I do when I get older, here's my answer :bigsmile:

tatold.jpg

haha! Nice!!

Love! I always get the question about having tattoos when I'm in a nursing home when I'm old. I tell people that I don't care whether people like them now, so I'm a lot less likely to care when I'm old and senile! LOL!

My Mom got a pair of lips tattoo'd on her *kitten* so that when she ends up in a nursing home, the people that have to change her diapers will get a chuckle :laugh:

:laugh: Too funny!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    fad (fd)
    n.

You implied you had only called it trendy instead of a fad out of sheer niceness though. However, I do disagree with you on both accounts.
    No. A fad has a completely different connotation. There are long-term trends and short-term trends. Tattoos have been increasing in popularity over the last two decades. That makes them trendy. Now, whether this is a short-term or long-term trend remains to be seen.
  • Joie89
    Joie89 Posts: 4
    Options
    men with tattoo's..... *drool*
    women.... not to much, tattoo's to accentuate a.k.a. ankle, tramp stamp if she has nice hips and *kitten*, shoulder blade look awsome with tubetops and stuff.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    As the saying goes. Arguing on the net is like entering the idiot olympics, you may win (or think you win), but you're still an idiot.

Agreed!
  • JetzGurl
    Options

I have 3, the first is Thumper over my belly button. My favourite line is the one about saying nothing if you don't have anything nice to say. The second is a lower back banner, or as most would call it "a tramp stamp". It has all 3 of my children's zodiac symbols and usually sits below my pant line. The third wraps around my ankle and is the words "**** cancer" masked by an EKG line. My brother, sister, Mom and I all got the same tattoo 2 days after my step-dad died suddenly from a cancer that no one even knew that he had. As you can see, this was not a "trend" for me. It was something very personal each time.
    Nothing you said counters the notion that tattoos are trendy. They are. I can buy something or do something that's trendy for a very personal reason without changing the fact that the thing/activity is trendy.

I'll give you an example. Smartphones are trendy. I own one. I get a lot of productivity out of my smartphone, including using the MFP app to record my workouts etc. It is a great addition to my life. None of this changes the fact that they are trendy, nor do I get defensive if someone who doesn't have a smartphone calls them trendy, because it's a fact.

I get the impression that you might just be on here to stir it up. There are a lot of reply's on here that are written in a way that simply show opinion and an openess to consider reasonable opinions to the contrary. However, every time you counter to one of those reply's, I see none of that openess. You come across as hostile and antagonistic. If that isn't the case, fair enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Opinion's can be neither wrong or right, they can only be opinions. I think that where you get off track is by telling people that their opinions are wrong.
    If you are just on here to stir it up though, there must be way more productive things to do with your life.

I'm not here to get in to a debate or defend my opinion, I do not feel I need to justify it as I am not trying to force it on anyone. So feel free to comment back, but there will be no reply from me.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    It's spelt *tattoos

This is a very odd subject to be bringing about on a weight loss website, isn't it? Particularly in a negative sense?

My name is pretty self explanatory - I am the tattooed tea lady. Why? Because I love tea, and I have plenty of tattoos!

"Our bodies are a canvas, use them wisely with no regrets".

It is up to each individual what they do with their body. No one else's. And I wouldn't change my tattoos for love nor God. If anything, I feel sorry for those who judge people who do have tattoos, or body modifications. Because it's a very pety thing to judge someone on.

"in my opinion"...

It is spelled "spelled" not spelt! bahahaha:laugh: :laugh:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oh geez... blah blah blah... give it a rest people...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Who Likes Tattoo??

fantasy_island_mr__roarke_and_tattoo.jpg
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Who Likes Tattoo??

fantasy_island_mr__roarke_and_tattoo.jpg

Hahahahaha!