Tanning??

Options

Replies

• agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No, tanning wrinkles skin and causes skin cancer, so I do not do it.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tan and I'm proud of it, haters gonna hate.

this :) haha and love the YOLO
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I only tan in the sun when I am exercising outside or at the pool/beach.

I like men with brown skin tone but I don't think it is cute when lighter guys tan on purpose.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Tanning is my one vice :grumble: Feel better & think I look better tan. I know how horrible it is, yet I still do it (kinda like smokers, right?! Right?!?!) As for any preference, my man is mixed (black & Hispanic) so that works for me :love: :love: :love: :love:

thats the way i feel. i know its not good for me but my skin looks much better and i feel much better.

Yup same here. I tan so so fast and easy that i just dont worry xD
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Tanning is evidence of skin damage even if you don't burn. That's why I wear SPF-infinity if I'm going to be outside longer than 15 minutes. But everyone here is an adult and can weigh their own risks vs benefits. I'm thinking I might try one of those lotions that is supposed to subtly and gradually build up a little color, but I will never try to get a 'real' tan. I'm super-white with blue eyes, moles, and freckles, it's not worth the increased risk.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I fear aging too much.
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    I used to tan in my early 20's, but I know the risks and now that I'm a Mom I want to be around to watch my kids grow up. Its just too risky for me.

I dont care if other people do it, it's there life, not mine. My hubby works outside so he gets a pretty good tan, otherwise I dont care if he's ghostly white or tanned.
  • clairieb
    clairieb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really need to find a way to tan without using a bed. I'm super pale, but have a leftover farmer's tan from last year. I have to wear a strapless bridesmaid dress at my brother's wedding in mid April, and would like to even my skin tone so I don't look so different than all the other bridesmaids. Anyone know of a good brand of tinted lotion? Or should I just give in and pay for a spray tan? I don't wanna be orange, just even and slightly darker than my very white skin.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tanning is evidence of skin damage even if you don't burn. That's why I wear SPF-infinity if I'm going to be outside longer than 15 minutes. But everyone here is an adult and can weigh their own risks vs benefits. I'm thinking I might try one of those lotions that is supposed to subtly and gradually build up a little color, but I will never try to get a 'real' tan. I'm super-white with blue eyes, moles, and freckles, it's not worth the increased risk.

Ditto, I use Jergens. after a few days of using it every morning, I'll alternate to every other day. Fake tans will never look natural, no matter the source. But, as I only turn new shades of red in the sun, it helps to use the lotions.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I really need to find a way to tan without using a bed. I'm super pale, but have a leftover farmer's tan from last year. I have to wear a strapless bridesmaid dress at my brother's wedding in mid April, and would like to even my skin tone so I don't look so different than all the other bridesmaids. Anyone know of a good brand of tinted lotion? Or should I just give in and pay for a spray tan? I don't wanna be orange, just even and slightly darker than my very white skin.

An experienced spray tanner would be your best bet.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I do, but not to the point of looking super tan. I'm incredibly pale and I actually find I burn crazy easily (I once got a sunburn from taking a 20 minute walk) and having a bit of a base color seems to help me not burn when going about my daily life. I still lather up if I know I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time.
    I also do it for mental health. Depression runs in my family and sun exposure seems to help us stave off depressed feelings (I believe it's the Vitamin-D production). Having 2-3 tanning sessions (for a whopping 6 minutes) a week, especially around TOM, *really* helps me feel less depressed.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i went to a tanning salon for the first time in my life on saturday to try tanning and im a light skinned african american ... its addictive :o)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooo!!!!! Bad, bad, bad, do the research people!!!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I spray on tan and I use a lotion to make it last longer... I never get streaks and have a healthy glow :-)
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As a licensed esthetician, I am strongly opposed to tanning beds! Even if you take the skin cancer factor away, tanning will really age your skin and can cause hyperpigmentation (dark spots/freckles). You can't reverse the effect of damaging your collagen and elastin, once it's gone it's gone - and tanning even a little contributes to the damage. Products can temporarily help, but nothing is permanent.

I love being tan as much as the next girl, but if you're gonna tan, spray tan is the way to go. Please don't use the beds! Love your skin and treat it well!

All I heard was that sound when adults talked in Peanuts... lol

Y.O.L.O - You only live once. Enjoy it.

LOL! I love your response!!! Waaah-waaah-waah-waah... And yes, I am aware of the dangers... Like a little "blue light therapy" and relaxation in Winter/Spring as well as some color & LOVE the outdoors & sun in Summer!

Oh, and I like tan complexioned men too!
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    My friends call me albino I am so pale. I used to work at a tanning bed, and I tanned every day. But in order for me to keep a tan I have to tan daily. It just isn't work the health risks. My dad sat me down and talked to me about it one time and it has been years since I have (unless it is outside). Plus when I stopped my face broke out like crazy.

My boyfriend is black so I guess I like a nice tan :] ( comment not meant to offend anyone)
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    i went to a tanning salon for the first time in my life on saturday to try tanning and im a light skinned african american ... its addictive :o)

it is extremely addictive. I fell asleep in it all of the time!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love being tan.

And my grandma used to tan, with olive oil, and she's barely got wrinkles. Turned 62 today. :| And never has had any skin cancer scare.
    Yay for being Indian.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm a runner. no need to go tanning.
    i'm also irish, scottish, polish, russian, german, etc. i got really bad sunburn (like, 3/4" diameter blisters on my shoulders) a few summers ago from being at myrtle beach for maybe 45 minutes without sunscreen.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I self tan because I like the way I look better, but I have no preference. Mr. G is a red head, he's either brilliant white or bright pink.