OVER 200 CLUB PUMP IT UP (OPEN GROUP) WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting all my exercise minutes in from Monday-Monday. What is wrong with me? That may be why I am losing sooooooooooooooo slow. Just wanted to complain:grumble:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey everyone, so I haven't checked in since Friday. I started working my new job this weekend, so I've been pretty busy. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to read everything from last friday to today. Thanks everyone. And great job to all of you guys too.

I guess i need to come up with a challenge. How about doing 20 to 40 lunges. If you can do 40 do that, if not do as many as you can. :smile: Hopefully that will work for everyone. I hate lunges most of the time, but they work.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to read everything from last friday to today. Thanks everyone. And great job to all of you guys too.

I guess i need to come up with a challenge. How about doing 20 to 40 lunges. If you can do 40 do that, if not do as many as you can. :smile: Hopefully that will work for everyone. I hate lunges most of the time, but they work.

Thanks laurajoyw I think that is a great challenge
  • Edjsmom
    Edjsmom Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I didn't do well over the weekend. No working out and no clean eating. I did manage to step on the scale and saw a 2 lb lost...I sure wasn't expecting that, and I can be nothing but happy about it!

Well, I have started this week off right and hopefully I can shed another 2-3 lbs by Friday. I will be progressing to my Ramp It Up 45 mins workout (with resistance training), looking forward to the calorie BURN!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

This is a good challenge for me because I usually skip the lunges in my weight lifting class :ohwell: (because usually I have already worked out for 90 minutes and I'm ready to go home, plus I hate lunges). This way I will HAVE to do some lunges every day!:wink:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Edjsmom: I love those weight loss gifts! :happy: ... keep up the good work!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting all my exercise minutes in from Monday-Monday. What is wrong with me? That may be why I am losing sooooooooooooooo slow. Just wanted to complain:grumble:
    I was really struggling with getting exercise minutes in too ... but I'm in a pretty good groove now where I have scheduled time at the Y for 240 minutes a week that I never miss unless I absolutely have to ... and then I am really having to push myself to put in time on my own the other days. So I've been mowing lawn, or walking to the store instead of driving ... anything to 'trick' myself into some exercise.:wink: At first I think I was hurting my efforts because I had the idea that all of my 'exercise' time had to be more like 'exercise' (like a fitness class, or time on my exercise bike, or a real run), and then I always put it off. Now that I've changed my thinking that I just need to fit minutes in however I can - so that exercise can be just a 15 minute walk to the store ... it's much easier because once I'm out there walking I usually end up turning it into a 30-45 minute walk instead. For me it's just getting started that is always the problem. Good luck!
    I have the opposite problem, I'm doing well with exercise but I know my weight loss is sooooooo slow because I can't seem to change some of my bad eating habits. One thing at a time I guess.:huh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I was really struggling with getting exercise minutes in too ... but I'm in a pretty good groove now where I have scheduled time at the Y for 240 minutes a week that I never miss unless I absolutely have to ... and then I am really having to push myself to put in time on my own the other days. So I've been mowing lawn, or walking to the store instead of driving ... anything to 'trick' myself into some exercise.:wink: At first I think I was hurting my efforts because I had the idea that all of my 'exercise' time had to be more like 'exercise' (like a fitness class, or time on my exercise bike, or a real run), and then I always put it off. Now that I've changed my thinking that I just need to fit minutes in however I can - so that exercise can be just a 15 minute walk to the store ... it's much easier because once I'm out there walking I usually end up turning it into a 30-45 minute walk instead. For me it's just getting started that is always the problem. Good luck!
    I have the opposite problem, I'm doing well with exercise but I know my weight loss is sooooooo slow because I can't seem to change some of my bad eating habits. One thing at a time I guess.:huh:

I hear ya, I think part of the reason I was having trouble reaching my goals are because I set the bar so high. I have to be realistic. I had it at over 400 minutes more than an hour a day. If I worked out 6 days a week it was way over an hour a day. I need a day of rest, my day of rest is Sundays. I am like you I count playing outside with my children,(I just make sure I move the whole time) I also count mowing my lawn. My neighbors are on vacation so I have been mowing theirs too. That gives me an extra 10 minutes(they have a very small lawn) I have been thinking I need to walk to the store too. Thanks for the advice,:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I did my lunges yesterday. I did only 24 but I threw in some squats, I also did 38 of those and I tell ya I am sore. But it feels good.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I am with you guys too, just need to get it all together working out and eating better. I just hope one day it will all click together.

Yesterday
    Calories: went over :sad:
    Water: got it all in
    Proud: even though I was really tired and ate horribly, didn't go home and veg, made sure to play outside with kids and after they went to bed, did a few things around the house

Jamie
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Calories: went over (snacks, snacks, snacks) :angry:
    Water: got it all in
    Proud: got in a 45 minute walk to the store
  • crashlee
    crashlee Posts: 17
    Options
    Can i join this??? I'm at 274 and i would like to be 165. i have a lot of work to do and im not usually very motivated. help me out please!!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Welcome crashlee! :flowerforyou:
    We're all in this together!
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Yesterday -
    Calories: I was low, but not by a crazy amount
    Water: I was terrible. I only got 4. Work's been stressful, so I haven't been able to really breathe let alone drink. :/ This whole week will be like this, so bleh.
    Exercise: I failed big time here.

*heavy sigh*
  • Momma2four
    Options
    ♥Welcome Crashlee, you are in the right place for motivation. :heart: We weigh in on fridays, we are also doing a cardio challenge where we set a goal of how many minutes we would like to do this week, then the next week we add a few minutes to that goal. We are also doing a challenge right now, who ever has the biggest percentage of weight loss picks our weeks other physical challenge. Our biggest loser this week has chosen lunges 20-40 a day. So welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou: I hope you got all that. :huh: :heart: We are here to motivate, challenge and just be there to listen to each other. We are all in the same boat so to speak and its nice to have an understanding ear:flowerforyou:

♦lstpaul, congrats on getting all your water in, good job on your exercise, and uhm we won't talk about the snacks, (since I would be a hypocrite if I did) :laugh:

♦ ready2bff, Great job on coming home and playing with the kids, that counts as lstpaul and I were talking about earlier. And hey, how wonderful that is for the kids, memories they will cherish their whole lives. I am also very happy to see that you are drinking your water.

♦trikstar, nice to see you, make sure u r eating okay.

Okay Everyone, lets remember to get those lunges in, drink that water, and let's stay within our calories!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day

Just a note, everyone here needs to be making sure what they are doing be it physical exercise or nutrition changes, that they are healthy enough and that they have discussed it with their doctor before they begin.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Welcome Crashlee!!!!!!!!!!!

Momma2four, thank you for always being so uplifting!!!!!!

Just got a quick 22 minute walk, was getting tired here at work at that definitely helped.

Hope everyones day is going good!! :flowerforyou:
  • traleen
    traleen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Havent been good about posting. Got the idea to try low carb and went out and got Atkins Drinks and bars (low carb high fat ):ohwell:
    Didnt stay with it tho.
    So from 8 days ago till this morning 2 lb gain :devil:
    exercised once
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Havent been good about posting. Got the idea to try low carb and went out and got Atkins Drinks and bars (low carb high fat ):ohwell:
    Didnt stay with it tho.
    So from 8 days ago till this morning 2 lb gain :devil:
    exercised once

Sorry tralene, Atkins is not for everyone. At least your not giving up on everything. Try try again, until we are where we need to be.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Doing well on calories this week. I was way under one day (about 900) because I went for a long walk at night. My family has started to do walks in the evening together, which is great. Just got back from a 1.5 hr walk, and burned 600 calories. I need to get back into my strength training...been slacking on that.

I have been doing my lunges throughout the day. :)

Hope everyone has some great numbers on Friday!