Replies

• dwnlynn
    dwnlynn Posts: 47
    Options
    BUMP
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The formulas are quite accurate yes! The only thing I've noticed myself is the...activity level, people exagerate it a lot, making their intakes quite high - making the weight loss quite ineffective - the issue is not the formula - (well the only error margin being determined by genetic) it's being objective regarding the activity level
  • BrayneZ
    BrayneZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 1.5 activity level

This is with weightlifting 4 times a week and 2 x cardio on days off. Other than that, I'm self-employed, and move around a fair bit, when I'm not sitting at my desk in my study.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Bump
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get the spreadsheet up...bump to try at home later.
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    link won't open for me either. :(
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

So, if I'm trying to lose, and I'm interpreting this correctly ...

BMR 1,311
    Maintenance 2,097
    Cut (@ 15%) 1,783
    Build (@ 15%) 2,412

I should eat approsimately 1783 cals a day - gross.

Interesting, because MFP has me at 1400 + my exercise cals, which are 225 to 400 daily ... which averages out to about the same thing. Sounds to me like MFP has it just about right -- for me.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    1783 ain't gross :laugh:
    But yah, try to go from 1780 to 1790 and track your weight every week :-)
    seems good to me
  • sal82
    sal82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic spreadsheet :) I just have one question, what is the IF ONLY section in regards to? I wasnt sure what that one was.

Also I wasn't too sure what my activity level would be? I'm a mum 5 days a week but I work in an animal pound the other 2 days from 8am-6.30pm. I'm in and out of the office and kennels all day. I'm also active in dog sports but thats only a couple of times a month normally. Based on my heart rate monitor I burn around 2000 calories per week from excercise. I don't log anything I do at work, cleaning etc. I only log when I put on the HRM and work out.

Can someone run my numbers for me? I'm having a blonde day lol. I'm 29 years old, 80.5kg, 161cm and 35.7% BF. MFP has me eating 1500 cals per day. Thanks in advance :)
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    From someone who loves a good spreadsheet to record my training, this is awesome. Thank you sooo much for sharing.

I am playing around with my upper level as I’ve now moved to maintenance. I want to go with the Katch-McArdle Mifflinbecause it gives me a higher number. :) But I've used the BF from my scales, which I understand may not be completely accurate).

The Mifflin-St Jeor has a lower maintenance than what I’m on trying now. Bugger! I’m steadily going to up my cals over the coming weeks to see where my maintenance might lie. (note I’ve also set my activity level as sedentary, to give me the calc which I’m putting into MFP, but then I’m adding in my exercise cals separately to MFP and eating them back. I know this is different to what you suggest, but given I use a HRM I feel this is a bit more accurate, and my weeks vary according to my training schedule. I could potentially bump my activity level up to light as I move around a bit on the days that I’m at home with kids. But I’m going to work on that over the next few weeks or so.

Again, thanks so much for sharing. Awesome with a capital A.

You should seriously consider getting it made into an app.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Great work and it's much appreciated!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • flbutler
    flbutler Posts: 26
    Options
    BUMP
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What can i say, i'm not very smart and at a complete loss as to how to do this and read it. If someone whom is smarter than i could explain it like i'm a first grader it would be much appreciated. I don't know what my body fat is and i don't know what the column about IF and off days is about either. And just understanding how to read it is beyond me, sorry, please help;)