What's the best concert you've seen?

Options

Replies

• cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Metallica Nov 2011 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia. Death Magnetic Tour. I was in seventh heaven!!
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Tool

At the Gorge in WA!

*SWOON*
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Pearl jam opened by Ben Harper in Adelaide, outdoor at memorial drive, in the summer, with the sun setting behind the stage...... 2 awesome artists, and nothing beats an outdoor gig, in the summer, plenty of drinks, a couple of spliffs.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith with GnR opening, right at the time GnR was breaking big...during Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Axl got into a fight with a fan, the band played the song, Axl came back and the finished it like nothing happened.

Also, Aerosmith happened to play alot of Rocks stuff that night, so very rare
    That would have been an awesome show. GnR when they still had to work for it, and Aerosmith before they went completely soft.
    I just saw them (aerosmith) last year ( my favorite band) and it was not very good:( They have so many good rock songs and all they sang was soft ballads that were not even popular:((((( Talk about being bummed!
    I did however see ZZ Top last year also and they may be old, but man can they still rock!
  • DavidBenge
    DavidBenge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Alice in Chains,Slayer,Anthrax ,and Megadeth in the Summit here in Houston.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Best ever - Beastie Boys 2004, followed by Beastie Boys 2007 (Mix Up tour, wicked)
    Grateful Dead at an airfield in Highgate Vermont (1993?94?)
    U2 with Garbage opening (2002?)
    Lollapalooza '92
    Stevie Ray Vaughn with Jeff Beck and Jeff Healy (1989)
    Neil Young
    The Tragically Hip at Phil's Grandson's Place (capacity like 100 ppl!) in 1988!

Oh soooo many good shows when I was young and wild and free.... :tongue:

oooh! Neil Young, was that the tour with Social Distortion and Sonic Youth? That was a good one.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Tool at Madison Square Garden
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Eagles in 2010! Loved them!!
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    haven't been to very many but the one that sticks out was Kenny Loggins back in the late 80's.. after "Top Gun" came out.... when he sang "danger Zone" during the guitar solo... dropped a projection screen down and showed all the dog fightin from the movie.. crowd went Nuts....
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Tiger Army, 2008 or New Found Glory/The Wonder Years, 2010.

I am seeing my favorite band in two weeks though so in advance: La Dispute, 2012.
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pierce The Veil & Woe, Is Me on the No Guts No Glory tour.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Morrissey...2009 in Dallas, Texas
    Oh god, I'm jealous. I'm listening to the Smiths right this minute! I love his solo work too.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone will know any of the bands I have seen and LOVED!!!
    These are the concerts I have seen and loved. Oh by the way all in small venues.
    1) VNV Nation ( Got up close and personal with the guys after the concert got to love it!) :love:
    2) Apoptygma Berzerk (I was speechless after this concert. I screamed so much I lost my voice for two days!) :blushing:
    3) Assemblage 23 (We were so close Tom Shear almost stepped on my hand!) :bigsmile:

And we're going to Germany and Holland this summer for three music festivals so I guess I'll be losing my voice again but this time maybe for a month. :laugh:
  • jblenkle
    jblenkle Posts: 13
    Options
    Really enjoyed Marina & The Diamonds, and also She & Him.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Radiohead - Kid A tour 2006
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie. I can't decide which of the three shows I saw was the best. All of them were great.

I have tickets for Florence and the Machine and St. Vincent for this and next month.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Dream Theater at Radio City Music Hall. Followed closely by Kings of Leon.
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    ChristinelovesCraig Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard back in 2000 at the Big E in Western Mass. It was open seating so we got there right when the gates opened at 8AM. We waited all day long in our second row seats. The show was awesome.

Tesla live was amazing. Saw them in Portland, ME about 8 years ago. Such a good show.

I saw Extreme back when they were called The Dream at the Opheum Theatre in Boston back in 1986. They opened up for Night Ranger. Soooo good.

I saw U2 for the first time in 1987 at Foxboro Stadium and it was life altering.

Saw Bon Jovi when they opened up for Ratt back in 1985. She's a Little Runaway album was fabulous live.

So many good concerts.......
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is tough

Tom Petty, Red Hot Chili Peppers, ACDC, Bad Religion, Oz Fest, Warp Tour all great shows.

The best was Mighty Mighty Bosstones, with the Pietasters, and Less Then Jake.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Metallica in Auckland 2010 :bigsmile: