What's the best concert you've seen?

Options

Replies

• SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    I haven't seen too many concerts, but one of my friends in Florida invited me to go to this concert of this band called "A Blinding Light", and it was pretty awesome. They were a Christian Metal band, and even though I don't particularly care for that music, all the people in that band were so talented, so I couldn't help but like it :D I also saw Sara Mac Band, which was pretty cool, too.
    I'm saving up money to go to a Duran Duran concert. I wanna go so bad!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Bryan Adams.. It as acoustic. ♥
    My picture was in the newspaper after that lol.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh,oh,oh and I can't forget Magnetic Fields!

Ahh...one of my favorite albums of all time is The Charm of the Highway Strip. :)

Tie for me on greatest....Guided By Voices in '95 at Masquerade in Atlanta and Band of Horses just recently at 40 Watt in Athens.

.....and I won't lie, Poison in '91 was pretty freaking good, too. LOL! :)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

Ahh...one of my favorite albums of all time is The Charm of the Highway Strip. :)

Tie for me on greatest....Guided By Voices in '95 at Masquerade in Atlanta and Band of Horses just recently at 40 Watt in Athens.

My mom saw Poison... with Ratt.
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard her say that.
    The rat poison joke never gets old though.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Bob Marley at Smile Jamaica in 1976 (I was 10)
  • hope2webb
    hope2webb Posts: 421
    Options
    I've seen alot (need to see more)

Ozzy 2x both in 96..MOST remembered was Ozzy in Alpine Valley 7-5-96..first time my then boyfriend (now husband) told me he loved me (during Goodbye To Romance :love: ), Ozzfest '97 & '07, White Zombie/Pantera, Sevendust (too many to count), Slayer, Tattoo The Earth 2000, Lamb Of God, God Forbid (small local bar), Kittie (small local bar), Yngwie Malmsteen (local bar).

Bands I want to see/or would loved to have seen: Tool, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, The Beatles, Alice In Chains (w/Layne Staley)
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I think it was Guns n Roses/Poison, but I really don't remember much...
  • Noneuclid
    Options
    Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, San Juan, Puerto Rico (1996)
  • mseraf713
    mseraf713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Van Halen 1994- It was my first concert and I was 11 :)
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Pearl Jam in 2008 ;)
  • arraby01
    arraby01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eagles ( the assisted living tour ) there words not mine.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Tough one. I loved Madonna ... but the one that shocked me those most was The Fray. I never expect bands to really put on much of a visual show but they did an amazing job.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over tour Some no-name band opened for them, but when they came out, they played for over 2 1/2 hours straight then an encore. First song they played was Hotel California ("For everyone who gets here on time.")

Followed closely by Wolfmother when their debut album came over to the States. House of Blues in Orlando, small venues are awesome. I've never seen a crowd spun up and energized like that crowd was that night.

Metallica's been good (been to a couple Summer Sanitarium concerts - the tour with Kid Rock and Korn (at Rockingham Speedway in NC) and the tour with Limp Bizkit (at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando). Both awesome shows. Favorite James Hetfield quote: "Here's a song from....uh....****, man, you guys know that better than I do." *proceeds to rock out*

Worst concert ever? Coldplay. Horrible.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

My mom saw Poison... with Ratt.
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard her say that.
    The rat poison joke never gets old though.

I saw Poison and Ratt together too...I never even thought of that joke LOL
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Brad Paisley 2012! virtual reality tour soo cool
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ZZ Top. May 1st, 1986. Amazing.
  • gordonfitch
    gordonfitch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've seen a ton of biggest bands, but for some reason the concert I enjoyed the best was BNL's in Glasgow, Scotland.

Favourite venue for a concert is easy: The Gorge in George, WA. Wow what a venue. And Dave Matthews wasn't bad either.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    In term of putting a show (& I'm not a fan) - KISS

Those guys are insane performers.

Most enjoyable & great performance too, Lenny Kravitz
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The Grateful Dead, in Birmingham, AL and in NC saw them twice one week apart in the Summer of 1995 before Jerry died! Awesome!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan at Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, AL circa 1986! He had a bad cold, so he sat down on the edge of the stage less than 3' directly in front of me and just jammed on his guitar for like 45 min straight with some of the most passionate blues rifts I've ever heard.

Other greats: Rolling Stones, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Rush, Robert Plant, James Brown, BB King, Pink Floyd, Tina Turner, George Thorogood, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Joan Jett, Beach Boys, Lynard Skynard-they even played a private "show" ok, a song for me at a Rainbow Gathering once at the International Tea Tent...; BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive), Hank Jr. I have very diversified musical tastes... So many great shows... I'm sure I'll think of more.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Tears for fears, hands down front row seats.