sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!

I think I have to adopt this as my new mantra.

Generally, when the workout gets hard and I'm covered with sweat and my muscles are whining, I take it as a personal challenge. I narrow my eyes at the whining muscles and inform them "I. Can. Do. This."

The Zombie Apocalypse line might be more motivating, though. Put the fear of the undead into them. I'll have to try it and see.
  • MrsBlaze
    MrsBlaze Posts: 52
    Options
    No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

LOVE!!!!
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down."
    It's actually regarding honesty in recording, but it's also a great reminder for me to watch what I eat.

Great thread, btw! Totally bookmarking this for random pick me ups throughout the day :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I kind of re-worded this one because I couldn't quite remember how it went, lol.

"The only person standing in your way of achieving greatness is you. So move!!"

Or If I'm dying during a sprint in spin class, I remember when my old trainer used to say "Yes you can Nicky, yes you can!" And then I imagine her standing over me watching, because then it seems like I don't have a choice hahah
    "Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down."
    It's actually regarding honesty in recording, but it's also a great reminder for me to watch what I eat.

LOVE IT!! I always think about how even if i lied to my food journal, it's not like my body would be like "Oh okay, I guess she didn't really eat that chocolate then! My bad!"
  • LennieSmall
    Options
    I'm better. And even a little is still better.
    It helps me keep perspective when I feel upset that I'm still not the sexiest man alive (I'm sure you all know what I mean).
  • Butterfly8371
    Options
    My quote is "There are no gains unlesss you step out of your comfort zone"
    "For you to accomplish your dreams, you have to recognize that action is required"
  • lane0334
    lane0334 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't really have a phrase, but whenever I'm working out and start to get tired I start to set tiny goals for myself within the workout. I tell myself to "just run for one more minute" or "just burn 15 more calories at this speed" and then when I finish that minute or those 15 calories I just repeat "just run for one more minute". I guess its pretty much lying to myself but it keeps me going. The harder part is getting myself to go the gym some days!
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do it is increas:happy: ed.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mine is "lift with you back!' or "Once i black out i know i will lose" Or "pop those pills cause it is my only will"
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit!"
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's actually a quote I saw her on MFP: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick one.
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a little sterling silver mobius ring that says "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." I like it because it reminds me that this journey has to be taken one step and one pound at a time and it is never ending! It's also a reminder to track what I eat...like the classic string tied on your finger.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Mine is, "If not now, when?" I have it on the wall of my exercise room in 1 foot vinyl letters...
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I remember Oprah saying something like this once - when you feel hungry it's your body saying, "I need fuel. You can eat something or I'll go take it off your butt."
  • Bj112090
    Bj112090 Posts: 16
    Options
    Suck it up now so you don't have to suck it in later!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    "Are you saying there's a job that Mr. -All-Go-No-Quit-Big-Time-Harry Stamper can't do?"

"Too much is never not enough" - About exercise!
  • ThisIsMe_sbd
    ThisIsMe_sbd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Suck less - try harder!
  • NiLo4598
    NiLo4598 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!