Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I'd eat powdered sugar with a spoon, like it was a bowl of cereal or something. Also, instant jello powder - I'd dump it onto a plate and eat it with my tongue.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

I still do this :blushing:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise sandwiches and mayonnaise saltine crackers.

ack...
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to eat peas and carrots with honey on them. My dad thought it was so gross but I loved it (kinda still do).

I also wouldn't eat anything that a fresh tomato touched. If we went to eat anywhere, fast food or dine in, if a tomato would touch my food I wouldn't eat any of it. It was just fresh tomatos, not salsa or ketchup or tomato soup. Oh and for my tomato soup it had to have dill pickles in it.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This is so embarrassing....

mayonnaise sandwiches. No joke...i convinced my grandma to put mayo between two slices of white bread....and THAT is why i was a chubby kid! haha
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Forgot these:

Sweet pickles with Oreos, Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies, Chips Ahoy, and coconut layer cake... Just sounds disgusting to me now!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sweet condensed milk on pancakes :love:

still love them like that but had to cut back on them :sad:
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and sugar on top...my aunt introduced me to that one :)
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ketchup sandwiches, and the fact that on a plate any two foods couldn't touch each other or I'd freak out. I was an odd kid.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I hated hot dogs as a kid so Id eat air dogs; the hot dog bun and condiments without the hot dog. My neighbor and I also loved egg roll wrappers coated with peanut butter..omg!!! soooooo good!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Sugar and a cool aid packet by the spoonful!!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Whole jars of pickles after school while watching Scooby-Doo & Flintstones.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    Stealing cold lunch meat or cheese from the fridge and eating it :]

Dipping chips in ketchup!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Potato chip sandwiches :tongue:
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i was a really picky child.. with such a boring diet.... actually not much has changed... i am still picky and ashamed to say i eat the same things over and over... lol

when i was younger i used to hate any kind of sauces... ketchup, mayo even gravy.. ate all my food dry..
    i did however like to eat custard on its own :) yum

its a total irish weird thing... but potato bread... NOM :)
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Peanut butter and mustard sandwhiches
    Miracle Whip and bacon bit sandwhiches

I wouldn't eat either one of those now though lol :noway:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I use to eat plain sugar from the canister with a spoon. My mom even started storing it on top of the refrigerator so I couldn't reach it. That's when I learned to climb. Apparently I was born with a sweet tooth.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    We used to love raw ground sirloin. When my mom was cooking, we would put salt and pepper on it, and just snack on it. You'd never do that today, too dangerous!
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Options
    Peanut butter and butter sandwiches on white bread. What was I thinking?? Oh, I guess I wasn't.
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    I didn't like mayo or mustard as a kid (still don't really) so my mom would make me salami sandwiches with butter!