• Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    i tried devils chocolate cake with diet coke
    it was very moist but very crumbly so didn't try together well. i wasted a few cakes.
    but i was having a binge that day and ended up eating like 5 of them, so i didn't think i saved many calories haha :/

does anyone know about many calories are in them>\?
  • alygover
    alygover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all of the replies, so I'm not sure if anyone else has already said this. But, I know that aspartame is not heat stable and it is the sweetener used in diet sodas. So, I know it is not recommended to cook/bake with it as it should not be heated. Not, that it doesn't sound yummy!
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    This is actually unbelievable....I tried it without the eggwhites and it was just as good.

1 (18 ounce) box dry cake mix (any flavor)
    10 ounces diet soda (any flavor)
    1-2 egg white (slightly beaten, optional but cake stays together better and is fluffier)

1. Mix the dry cake mix, the diet soda, and the egg white(s) until well blended.
    2. Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan or prepared cupcake tins.
    3. Cook according to the directions on cake mix box.
    4. Slice into 12 pieces - 4 points per slice.

Suggested Combinations: * yellow cake mix / diet lemon-lime soda (with a dollop of Cool Whip -- tastes like a "Twinkie") * orange cake / diet Mountain Dew * cherry chip cake / diet cream soda * diet lemon-lime soda / lemon cake * angel or yellow cake / diet orange * white cake / diet peach soda * spice cake / diet lemon-lime * diet ginger ale / white cake * diet cherry soda / chocolate cake * Diet cola / devils food or chocolate mix * diet vanilla coke / chocolate cake * devils food cake / diet Vanilla coke * diet root beer / chocolate cake * diet cherry coke / chocolate cake * marble cake / diet cream soda * lemon cake / tangerine Diet Rite *.

Thanks for share this recipe, i m looking for this kind of stuff !!
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bumping to come back to this evening - thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flowersgalore76
    Options
    That sounds just awesome and did you make it with diet cream soda or regular creme soda.

Thanks

flowersgalore76
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I made 18 cupcakes with white cake mix and diet lemon lime soda for 94 calories each. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar free chocolate icing for 50 calories if you want, but the cupcake was good on it's own.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I made cupcakes using yellow cake mix with Sprite Zero - they were delicious! My in-laws LOVED them!!

But today I tried to make cupcakes using chocolate cake mix and Diet Pepsi - they didn't turn out so well. I could taste too much of the Diet Pepsi. These are what I was going to bring to Easter dinner so that I had a healthier option for dessert, but I'm just going to toss these and make a new bath using yellow cake mix and Sprite Zero.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday and am eating one right now. I used the 15.25 oz Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Yellow cake mix and 12 oz of Diet Mountain Dew. It made 16 big fluffy cupcakes and I put a strawberry half in the middle of each cupcake and sprayed fat free whip cream in place of icing. Each big cupcake was 96 cals and worth every one. They tasted amazing.

I know you are thinking mountain dew was a random choice but my granny uses it in her made from scratch peach dumplings and they are amazing. The taste mountain dew gives is wonderful..who would of thunk it!!

I hightly recomend this recipe!
  • chrissysilk
    chrissysilk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    this sounds so yummy is there anywhere else you can get good recipes?
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    OK, I did the math. Wednesday is my birthday and I am making the following. The yellow cake mix with Sprite Zero, topped with a box of sugar free vanilla pudding made with skim milk, a can of crushed pineapple in its own juice but drained and a container of Cool Whip Lite. Cut into 9 pieces, this is 300 calories a piece. I cant wait. I already have it in my log and you dont turn 45 everyday. This is something to look forward to instead of dread. :)
  • wendydelong
    wendydelong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For ppl that are calories counting how many calories is 4 pts? Im not doing points im counting calories so how many calories per servings?
  • cindylou_21
    Options
    bump
  • jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I made this a couple days ago....forgot to oil the cupcake pan before I put the batter in so they all stuck and came apart...but I just made a trifle with the broken ones....everyone at work loved it...
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I make Diet Soda Cake all the time! My favorite is reduced-sugar chocolate and diet coke. I'll have to try the Strawberry w/Diet Sprite, that sounds great! I hear yellow w/diet orange (like sunkist) is good too
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I did a can of diet dr pepper & a white cake mix (no egg whites) and it turned out perfect
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I made the strawberry cake mix with diet 7up...light cool whip topping...and fresh strawberries cut on top. Delicious !!!!