Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Because men would perceive the girl in pic #2 as seeking their attention, and the girl in pic #1 as not seeking that sort of attention.
    I think.

^This, but I think all of you look just as beautiful without makeup too. No BS...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    After a spray tan gone-wrong (let my bf spray me AFTER I went and got one at the salon haha...bad experiment!)...or when I'm naturally tan, I don't wear anything except mascara. I have pretty clear skin and with a tan I look alive. But I like my eyelashes. If I'm going out on a date, I'll wear powder/blush/eyeshadow/mascara because I like the polished look.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys like the natural look. A lot of guys don't realize the natural look still includes a *little bit* of make-up for most women, ha.

lol EXACTLY!!!

SO TRUE!
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's odd... I hardly ever wear makeup...
    Makes me feel like I have cake on my face... no matter how light the powder.

The only time I wear it is to cover a blemish...or if I am really "going out"!!

To each her own....
    I prefer o'natural...
    \

This ^^^^ I rarely wear it. Only for "special" occasions - i.e. date night with hubby, etc. i have 2 kids, a job and school - i value every last second of sleep i can get. which is why i also wear my hair VERY short. to each their own tho'.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah..I get so tired of men saying they want a natural woman who will go out in sweats and no makeup. WHATEVER! Women want to hear that to make them feel ok about not doing anything with themselves. Make up to me is something that you just do, like brush your teeth and take a shower. I seriously have no pictures of me not wearing make up. Now, before anyone starts trashing me, I do know a *few* women who do not need any help. But seriously, it all comes down to a woman taking care of herself and presenting herself well. Whether American women want to acknoledge it or not, appearance plays a big roll in how we are treated in society. I have some friends who are "all natural" and I have caught their husbands checking me out more than once when I walk by in make up, pretty hair, a skirt and high heels!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I love make-up and have tons of it! BUT, I barely wear it. It's nice to have though for special occasions or just when you're feeling extra girly/sexy/pretty.

No make-up

Nomakeup-2.jpg

Sorry for the quality. Phone cam!

Clear mascara and left over eyeliner from the night before :laugh: Nothing on my cheeks or lips.

nomakeup-3.jpg

And full blown foundation, powder, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss! Lol

EveeHaircut.jpg
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find make up to be somewhat of a turn off. That said I dont even like women in lingerie...Id prefer a woman in a tight t short or long t shirt and just be her.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I usually always have make up on.
    Most the time it's to even out my skin tone and complexion

Usually people just think I'm wearing eye liner and mascara b/c I try to achieve the natural look
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah..I get so tired of men saying they want a natural woman who will go out in sweats and no makeup. WHATEVER! Women want to hear that to make them feel ok about not doing anything with themselves. Make up to me is something that you just do, like brush your teeth and take a shower. I seriously have no pictures of me not wearing make up. Now, before anyone starts trashing me, I do know a *few* women who do not need any help. But seriously, it all comes down to a woman taking care of herself and presenting herself well. Whether American women want to acknoledge it or not, appearance plays a big roll in how we are treated in society. I have some friends who are "all natural" and I have caught their husbands checking me out more than once when I walk by in make up, pretty hair, a skirt and high heels!

SHE-DEVIL TEMPTRESS!!!
  • sampowell1
    Options
    Right!! Men don't even know what natural is. I had on a full-face of makeup foundation and all and I listened to my male friend go on and on about how he was so glad I didn't have makeup on the other day!! The only thing that I was missing literally was colored lipstick (opted for nude) and eyeshadow (just used concealer to highlight my brow line and eye lid. I had even filled in my brows with a little powder. He almost hit the floor when I had him touch my face and he rubbed a little foundation off.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Oh man.

I rarely wear make-up and it's such as hassle to put it on the times that I do. I never learned how to put it on growing up and that just makes me second guess myself when I DO wear it.

I'm comfortable with how I look without and am happy that I can rub my eyes or touch my face without worrying about something smearing or coming undone. :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Without makeup:
    9247166_1524.jpg
    With:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjIkRYmB1V20uK9RvupqR5SHbX1umkTQMb_QqLBySh7dXbsIW2DnYYfLhm

j/k - I wish I could look like Angelina with makeup :) My glasses make any eye makeup magnified and just looks fake to me.
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    One day before work I said "f*** it" and didn't put a lick of make-up on. Usually I wear a light foundation, concealer and some mascara. First thing a male co-worker says to me when I get to work "wow, you look like hell".....then there was a conversation about how he just thought I hadn't slept well and was worried that maybe I was stressed out or something was wrong, trying to cover up his loud mouth. I had slept 8 hours the night before, drunk plenty of water,gotten exercise, there is no reason I should look like "hell". But, now I know, what guys say to themselves when they see me without make-up.
  • keriol_3611
    Options
    Putting more effort into your appearance makes you appear that you care more in general, weather it comes to work or getting hit on, its more polished and makes you look more awake and on the ball.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I remember a conversation with my dad about one of my nieces when she was in her teens, who is gorgeous with or without makeup...

Dad: "___ always looks so pretty and polished."
    Me: "She really does her makeup well, especially for how young she is."
    Dad: "No, she's just a natural beauty!"
    Me: "Yes, she is, Dad, but she doesn't have naturally blue eyelids."

(And personally, I'm still a little jealous that she managed to make blue eyeshadow look good!)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Right!! Men don't even know what natural is. I had on a full-face of makeup foundation and all and I listened to my male friend go on and on about how he was so glad I didn't have makeup on the other day!! The only thing that I was missing literally was colored lipstick (opted for nude) and eyeshadow (just used concealer to highlight my brow line and eye lid. I had even filled in my brows with a little powder. He almost hit the floor when I had him touch my face and he rubbed a little foundation off.

THIS

when I am "fresh faced" i get told i look "sick". But in full foundation, powder, blush, and mascara? I'm told I look "natural" or "healthy". I once had a co-worker that was SHOCKED I was a daily make-up wearer when I showed up with nothing on and he thought I was ill.

Now that I don't work customer service, I rarely wear make-up. Not worth the time. I forget sometimes, though, and go out for drinks with friends bare-faced and end up being the "ugly approachable friend" that guys walk up to to ask about my friends (who never go without make-up).

I'm a sarcastic, *****, though; I wear neon blue and green eyeshadow some days JUST because it doesn't look natural.

Men say they prefer no make-up, but I have never once been talked to when I'm natural. But gussied up sarcastically like a cheap hooker, I am apparently "beautiful" and "sexy". Piss off.

Men also say they like women "with meat on their bones" but I got hit on way more at 95 anorexic pounds than I ever have at over 120 of "healthy body weight"
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My phone isn't the best camera but this is a photo from my phone I wear makeup because it's a confidence booster and I feel prettier with makeup then without it.

Without
    IMG579.jpg

With
    IMG895.jpg

IMG898.jpg
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    No make-up and at my heavies (194 lbs) - 3 days after my son was born
    2uhtgkn.jpg

Full Make-up and 60 lbs lighter - taken today (makes me feel sexy)
    xksmfk.jpg
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    For one I look completely different with and without makeup. I'm going to see if I can find a picture of my without make up and hopefully I'll post a few pictures in a second

ETA:

I think this is no make-up to maybe a little...I am not wearing any eyeliner or eye makeup and for me that's something I have to have lol but I dont think this is really a good example lol but close enough

2lj3xb4.jpg

and with make up

208cvf7.jpg
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup when going out or special occasions. I am 43..and dont look weird without it..I guess my face is used to having nothing on it...

Besides..i went through the wearing makeup stages when I had severe acne..but now that its gone..its more trouble than anything for me.