One year on mfp...287lbs towards a new me

Options

Replies

• nsdjogger
    nsdjogger Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, that's the exact thing that helps push me through the tough times!

GREAT WORK!!
  • laurabell86
    laurabell86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations! You look fantastic! Keep up the amazing work! That is quite a feat!! :happy:
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OMG! YOU should be soooo proud of yourself! Wow wow wow! Amazing transformation!
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Gary, may God bless you on the rest of your journey.Congratulations!!! Such an amazing job!
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Your an inspiration !!
    Truly amazing, CONGRATULATIONS !!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it but my one year here has now come & gone as of March 25th. I started using this site to track food & exercise, but soon realized the real asset to me was the great people on this site. It is the friends that I've made on here that has kept me logging in day after day. I can't let you know enough how much I appreciate each & every one of you. I hope that I've been able to give half the encouragement & support that I've been shown.

Here's just a little background on me. When I started this journey, I weighed 665lbs:sad: :blushing: It was all I could do just to walk from my car to the house or my desk at work. In short, life was miserable. My ahh haa moment came at & leading up to my brother's wedding. I was mortified that I was unable to get a tuxedo to wear even at big & tall stores. My brother also had to choose a co-best man because my knees hurt so bad that I was unable to stand long enough to be beside him at the ceremony. This hurts typing this even now because he & I are very close. I put on my best brave face because I didn't want anyone to see how crushed I was that day, but I made my mind up that I was going to gain control of the train wreck of my life or die trying. I started seeing a nutrionist & walking every day as much as I could. I found this site & that was A LIFE CHANGING MOMENT IN ITSELF! My friends on here have been very supportive. I have several(I won't call out by name) that I text & talk to on a near daily basis. Now through hard work & dedication, I've lost 287lbs & gained the confidence to know there is nothing in this life that I can't accomplish if I put my mind to it. My journey is far from done, but I now look ahead fully know that I CAN DO THIS!!!

Below is a few pictures I included. I apologize ahead of time as I had trouble resizing them without blurs. They are small but you can check them out:

weightlosspictures4.jpg

This was me singing at my brothers wedding(665lb me)

weightlosspictures6.jpg

One month in...about 80lbs lost

weightlosspictures.jpg

weightlosspictures3.jpg

These are one my one year MFP anniversary

I love this site & everyone on it. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome journey to date with me:drinker:

I quoted you, pictures and all because your post brought me to tears. I am soooo very happy for you that I wish you could get this message out to so many others.

The boards limit, but I truly believe anyone on this board would benefit from what you have done, and what you have left to do.

God, Allah, Buddah, or None of the Above, BLESS YOU.

You have no idea how many people will succeed just because of your story and success.

Thank You.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    And you are such a handsome man... Watch out for the girls who stalk you just for looks.
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You are a pure testimony that anything can be done if you put your mind to it. You should be SO proud of yourself.
  • timewith3
    timewith3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You are an inspiration to many!(especially to us newcomers) Way to take control of your life! Amazing!!!
  • rjspeck
    rjspeck Posts: 5
    Options
    This is so completely amazing. you are a very strong and inspirational person. I am completely and utterly proud of your success if for nothing else your health. You are an AMAZING strength and inspiration. Hope to see more pics CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    That is so amazing I can't get over it, you must be incredibly proud of your achievement. Keep up the good work! x
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Congratulations to you my friend!!!! The determination and dedication you have...you deserve!
  • teimo
    teimo Posts: 44
    Options
    Holy cr**!!! Thats amazing!!! Well done!
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    YOU. ARE. AMAZING!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!
  • frenchgrapes
    frenchgrapes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your successes. You really do look fabulous.
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hope you know how incredible you are. I hope you're proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. Do you realize what a small percentage of people actually do what you have done?! Congrats! You are awesome!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing!! Great results and determination.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    What an incredible job you've done so far, please keep it up and I can't wait to see what you look like in another year!

I agree with this! You've done an amazing job!!! :)
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!