fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Anyone still here this week????????
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hi Fitgal- Yes, I'm still here.

All-
    I've been very good this week (finally) and getting on the Wii regularly. I should make my goal of 4 times a week for 30 minutes each time and the challenge of 1/2 of the time being yoga or strength training.

I had two bad calorie days in a row due to stress. Bad days are still better than what I use to eat, so I am finding some comfort in that "bad" isn't near as "bad" as it use to be.

Good luck this weekend all and talk to you all on Tuesday for checkin.

JAM
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I too am still here, I've just been pouting the last few days and haven't done much. My doctor just told me that I can't do anything with impact what so ever because of my knees, I'm soo depressed. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for the last couple months and have really enjoyed it (which is why I haven't done much on the Wii), but now I can't do it at all, so this is why I've been pouting. I didn't do the Wii at all last week, but due to the doctor's orders, I will be spending more time on the Wii doing the low impact exercises. So I expect that next week I will have a better check in on Tuesday. How did everyone else do? Who won the boxing challenge? I still have to switch up that sensor and try it again.
    Good luck this week! :flowerforyou:
  • twirlingangel
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to mfp, and have a Wii Fit! My 13 year old actually talked my husband and I into it. I have begun a routine of getting on it every night. I walk on our treadmill in the morning and do Wii Fit at night for about 30 min. Usually yoga, strength, and advanced step! I have done the hula part a little. I haven't been brave enough to try the others yet. I am anxious to become a member of this group and increase my strength and stamina.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I did OK the last week and managed to get in 4 days at 30 minutes each day. Woot!

I had thought that once my kids were in high school, things would calm down for me. Boy, was I wrong! They are keeping us so busy running them around it's cut into my Wii time.

Welcome twirlingangel! The box is a lot of fun and a good anger release.

JB- sorry to hear about your knees. Do you wear any type of support when you excercise? I use to wear the soft generic kind from the grocery store when I first started to excercise again.

JAM
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Welcome twirlingangel, Tuesdays are check in days. You set your own goals as well :flowerforyou:
    And thanks Jam, I've had knee issues all my life and they've just gotten to the point where I am not allowed to do anything, it's not that I don't want to, trust me I am soo frustrated! When I was doing the 30 Day Shred I was using the same thing, the soft generic kind of support, which seemed to help a bit, and making sure I wore my runners helped too. Now I'm down to walking and Wii (the yoga and strength training only) until my doctor sees my xrays and decides what to do (she's my new doctor so she wants to find out the extent of the damage before moving forward), so we'll see. Thanks for the support, I need it :bigsmile: Hopefully things slow down for you a bit once the kids are back in school so that you have more time for yourself. But really, 4 days at 30 mins is pretty darn good in my opinion!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I have been hiding because I didn't go on the Wii Fit all week. I did do Wii Sports and played some tennis and baseball, so I guess that burned a few calories. The boxing workout really gets your heart rate up! Anyone getting that new Wii Sports game? I think it's called "Resort", or something.

jb - sorry to hear about your knees. It's a good time to focus on strength training though, right?:smile:

Welcome to the team, twirlingangel!:flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    It's good that you did something right, this is your relaxed week :wink: And thank you for helping me see the positives, lol, I'm trying to think that way! :bigsmile:
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    Any room for a new member of this group?? I'd like to use my Wii Fit more & this would give me a reason to get on it. I'd like to use it more for strength training as I am already using the C25K program for my cardio. I can commit to 30 mins 3 times a week.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    pinkpoole - sure, come on in! :flowerforyou: I also am doing Couch to 5K. Well, I was, anyway. Today I was supposed to run 2 miles, but I could only manage one. What week are you on?
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    I just started Week 1 yesterday. I'm new to this whole thing - but I'm jumping in with both feet - I have some serious losing to do! I do love my Wii Fit, but I don't get on it as often as I should, so I'm hoping this will keep me accountable. My favorites are the step and hula hoop, but I'm going to focus more on the strength training aspect. (My husband says his favorite is watching me do the hula hoop!) :blushing:
  • twirlingangel
    Options
    Okay....so last night I tried the Boxing part of the Wii Fit. (My kids were no where to be found to laugh at me!!!) It was actually a lot of fun! I began to get the hang of it by the time I was done!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    IS IT TOO LATE???? I just bought a wii Fit last night still haven't set it up but i will tonight.. and i would love to join a challenge to get me using this thing.. I was wondering has anyone used it before and lost weight from using it..???Please let me know if i can join
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have the EA Active. It puts Wii Fit to shame. I love it and I sweat like crazy. It is basically intense circuit training if you do the 30 day challenge or the pre-made workouts. Or you can custom create your own workouts.

There are challenging sessions of lunges, running, and upper body work with some bouts of fun sports games like tennis, basketball, volleyball, and dancing interspersed so you don't die of boredom. The workouts change enough to stay engaging. I've been using for three months and I love it.

I highly recommend it to everyone! There are different levels so if you're not in the best shape you can work your way up to harder workouts. Give it a try!
  • jam0525
    Options
    For all the new people-

Welcome!

It's not too late to join. We all set personal goals on what we want to do. Check in is on Tuesdays. To make if more fun we've started a weekly challenge that we all try to incorporate into our routines.

Last week we all tried to have 1/2 of our time be Yoga or Strength Training.

I've lost weight and inches and Wii Fit counts for most of my excercise time. I love it. Outside of the Wii I walk my dogs or walk around the soccer field while my kids are practicing.

If you do a search on internet you can find all the calories burned for each of the excercises. There are also many sites that will give you routines to do. If you can't find anything on line if you scroll back far enough you will find that information repeated here in this tread.

If you can't find it, just ask here in the thread and those of us who have been around for a while can help you out.

The children's rehabilitation hospital where I work uses the Wii Fit for kids that are recovering from all sorts of issues. The balance board really does help you do the excercies correctly and as annoying as the trainer's voice is, it does help you stay balance and in alignment. Plus they think it is fun and lst boring than just doing Pt. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the Wii in the rehab gym.

Talk to you all on Tuesday for checkin and good luck in making good healthy choices this weekend!
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    Is it still possible to join? I am 2 days into the EA active 30 day challenge and I totally love it. I can do 30 min a day 4 times a week.

Seriously, the Wii Fit is soo much better than coffee for a wakeup. I even replaced the workout band with a good one and suppliment with free weights as needed ;)
  • jam0525
    Options
    Tuesday checkin:

I did the half/half challenge and I think it was a good reminder to be well rounded in excercising. My scores were terrible, but I am going to keep trying to have a balance routine, so they should get better. Also, I did meet my personal goal of 4 days x 30 minutes. (barely)

Newbies: This is a revolving challenge so any one can join any time. Welcome all who are new.

This morning I weighed in at 159.8 lbs. It is the first time in a long time that I have been under 160. So, I am pleased eventhough I only lost one pound in August.

Fitgal- Do you want to start a new thread for September? I know some threads do that, but I am not sure if it is really easier to find or not.

Happy checkin day all!

JAM
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Congrats on being under 160 Jam, and for meeting your goal! That's great! :flowerforyou: I however have only done the Wii once this week, I've taken to walking on my lunch break lately. I keep saying it will be more this week.....we'll see :wink:
    Welcome to all the newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My Wii isnt plugged in atm, and my bf has a very complicated setup behind the tv (hes a nerd/geek/dork so he does these things) so no wiifit yesterday or today. Ill hafta get him to set it up tonight so I can get in my cheaters cardio tomorrow!
    Id rather hula hoop and jog in place than go out in public to jog (im still self conscious in my workout clothes)
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    For last week I got in 2 days at an hour each which equals my goal. Would have made time for more... but TOM decided to show up ;)

I am still counting the EA active if thats allowed.