Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    No kids is a better option :D
  • McVizzle
    McVizzle Posts: 15
    Options
    WOW!!! You look fantastic! Thanks for the story too.... It's what I needed to hear. :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    SIX? Holy biscuits & gravy. Rock it, sista.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I also gave birth to 6 kids ....but I am only raising 2 because the other 4 were surrogate pregnancies lol. You have your hands full and still managed to get it done. Wonderful job :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing! You are a great example for those 6 kiddos! Great , great job!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    *Bump*

'Cause I'm at work & it blocks out photo-bucket pics... i'll check em out at home :)
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had my baby in Jan 2010, I was 176 when I got pregnant, the day I had him I was 202

By the time he was 18mo I had gone back down to about 185 then back up to 197

I'm currently 134 and he is just over 2 years old
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    I hv four kids & I agree.. just bc we are moms doesn't mean our bodies are ruined & we should give up. I give more props to a person was was pregnant but yet worked out to earn their body back vs a thin girl trying to keep her figure. I would post my before and after pic.. but I do not know how. My pro picture I took yesterday. I just gave birth to my son four months ago & been working out since my 6wk postpartum appt .. I was 129lbs then & now I'm 114.
    ;-)
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    No kids is a better option :D

Ha! If the average family has two kids then two of my four kids replace the two you won't be having. And the OP has had enough kids for three families. Babymakers unite! *ebil laugh*
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say you look fabulous! You are an inspiration and like you said, you have to want it bad a enough to work for it. Thanks for the motivation!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Since I have made working out a priority, I am more energetic, calmer, less depressed, and more confident all around. That benefits my children and my husband as well as myself.

"My husband"....imagine your life without your husband and still doing what you do plus everything he currently does.

I'm not advocating excuses, I'm just saying everyone has to do this in their own time, it is a personal journey. When my girls were young there just simply weren't enough hours in a day between working, houskeeping, snow removal, bringing in wood, mowing the lawn, fixing things that "typically" a man would take care of, grocery shopping etc. And still trying to make sure you actually have quality time with your children.

Clearly many people make it work and yay for everyone who overcomes whatever they must to get to their goals. I'm doing it now, so I know what it takes....and I also know what I give up to ensure a good balance in my life. Whatever anyone can to support a friend, family member or neighbor is appreciated. Everyone needs their own form of inspiration / motivation, but we all need to find it within ourselves.

Geez Lady can't you just let her have her moment and move on. The OP looks great, and is trying to help others realize they CAN DO IT TOO. Whether they have children or not. Yes, she does have a husband, some of us lucky gals do. Doesn't make our journey any less inspirational.

I love this thread bc it is so easy for us moms to settle and get comfortable with our bodies. We can just blame it on motherhood. I needed this today :)
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Great thread, and all the ladies - your photos are terrific - Thumbs up to all of you.

Just wanted to add, I am 47, workout ONLY at home, and did not start working out until age 42. (my baby was older then, age 14) one child, C section. Husbands works 7 days a week, usually 12 hours, odd shifts - so never around to help with housework, chores etc. So I do all that as well.

I originally worked outside the home full time, and worked out at home in the evenings. But could have been done after she was in bed, if she had been younger.

When I changed to a different outside job I would get up at 4 AM everyday to workout for an hour before work, and then get ready for work and go. Not fun, but you can get used to it, if you want something bad enough, you make a way.

I was older when I started, 60 lbs overweight, and short, at 5'2", with slower age related metabolism. Yes my child was older, but they do sleep sometime. You can also park them in front of the TV with a video for 30 min to 60 min if needed.

I do not have before pics, but heres my latest after. (sorry fuzzy, it was one I had in my site profile images, to help me track my changes as I go)

10029138_3596.jpg
    10029138_8281.jpg

I have DVDs at home, bought loose dumbells from wallmart, and an in door pull up bar. A bit at a time as I could afford them. Eventually bought some weight plates, and two dumbell bars so I could build heavier weights.

Did all my weights and cardio at home.

Now down to a size 7, which was my size at age 16 - and the perfect size for me. No jiggles anyway, and most importantly I am healthy and able to do what I want to do.

Many of the back and neck aches and issue I had from bone injuries are gone. My blood pressures normal for the first time in many years, all blood work is excellent - according to my Doctor. Issues from a knees dislocation 20 years ago, are not a problem now.

Maybe not everyone is in the place to do "a major workout something" - but I do recommend you do what you can do, start where you are, and hopefully with time - you can begin to make more adjustments, to get you where you want/need to be - to reach your personal goals - Whatever that may be.

Just get started :) No excuses. :) You can do it!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have four kids, my profile pic is me -- it isn't perfect or even as good as I looked in my 20's, and it is SO MUCH HARDER after #4 to lose the last of this weight, BUT I know it is possible. I love this pic of Lora Colson (mom of five), keeps me motivated!

[img]http://www.loracolson.com/Z frontx450.JPG[/img]

You can do it, too!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look great for having 6 kids! My wife has had 3 and she recently purchased a runner stroller. It has proven to be a great investment. It can be a real challenge for her with exercise and having the stroller gives her much needed flexibility in her schedule. So for you new moms go get a runner stroller and make sure it has a pivot/spin/single front wheel. It will be money well spent and your baby will love the ride!
    or leave bby home with daddy while mommy runs.... :op
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My husband is super hot and in great shape, and I wanted to match him the best that I could.

Just have to say, that made me LOL so hard! I thought, I guess so, ya'll have 6 babies, whew!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does what they can as they can. I can't imagine any mother saying "I want to be fat and unhealthy". So many factors drive why someone can or cannot stick to a program (whatever it may be, at home, youtube, a gym, walking kids to school, whatever). The choice/lifestyle whatever you want to call it must come from the person. It is usually a defining moment when a light bulb goes off and something clicks. If we are lucky, we get it on board. Some people miss the boat though and that's ok. We all have one life to live....it is what you make it.

I get what you both are saying, but I have heard tons of excuses.. Kids have too many activites, I don't have any time, etc.. If I can manage to fit it in and do it, they can too! It gets hard when people complain about being fat and never, ever change or try to do anything about it.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I actually weighed less after having kids than before .. its no excuse .. I'm 7 weeks pregnant right now with #3 and have a game plan to get right back into shape after the baby comes! I am still working out through my pregnancy too :)
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Now I know it's possible to get as flat and fit as I hope to get!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i TOTALLY agree! I spent so long after my son was born miserable and feeling sorry for myself that i was chubby and had lost my body and now had this awful mom belly that i was certain would be there forever. Then one day i got super serious about it, started working out all the time, eating healthy, dropped 16 pounds and actually got ABS. (granted, the stretchmarks and loose skin are still there, but oh well, i'll live with it, haha). So it is possible, you just have to REALLY want it!

Now i'm pregnant again... hopefully i'll find the motivation to get back in shape a lot sooner after this one is born, now that i know i can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    MamaVeronicaWorksOut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon here to tell you how amazing you look!

I am currently 5 weeks postpartum from my first child. I am not even cleared to work out yet, however, I cannot wait. I love to work out and this time, I mean business. Much like your story, I want to keep up with my husband! I think he is a major hottie and I want to be on "his level."

I hope you don't mind me sending you a friend request! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!