What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    People who log "cleaning" or "doing hair" as exercise! BS! No, you did not burn 1800 calories get real. People are really cheating themselves. It's called BMR!

OMG I'm loving this!!!!!!! So true! DO some real exercising!

For some folks cleaning is an energy expenditure. One of my friends has a HRM and does a weekly heavy duty cleaning of her home, and for her weight and fitness level she expends alot of calories. I don't count cleaning because I don't have an accurate means of measuring it. BMR does not include calories expended on cleaning.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

I have news for the "grams haters". We Americans are slowly converting over to metric. Been to the doctor lately? They weigh in kg now. Notice our food labels? Most of them are in grams now. I remember when I was in high school, it was a big crisis, they were preparing to convert then and we had to study the metric system. Okay, now it's 45 years later and we are finally starting. Yeah, we're so advanced, eh? Quit dissing other countries...we are not better than everyone else; we are slowly descending to the bottom because of our spoiled, greedy ways. In case you haven't noticed almost everyone in every foreign country hates Americans because we use them for gain then screw 'em over. It embarrasses me.
    [/quote]

I'm pretty sure not EVERYONE in EVERY foreign country hates Americans... way to generalize... :wink:
    [/quote]

I've also never been weighed in kg at the doctor's office, nor my children. Interesting if we were converting, though.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I guess what pisses me off sometimes is that when people lose so much weight, and are at their goal, they act like gods towards those who aren't at their goal yet... Really annoys me. x.x

you might want to review who your MFP friends are, then..
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    People who log "cleaning" or "doing hair" as exercise! BS! No, you did not burn 1800 calories get real. People are really cheating themselves. It's called BMR!

OMG I'm loving this!!!!!!! So true! DO some real exercising!

For some folks cleaning is an energy expenditure. One of my friends has a HRM and does a weekly heavy duty cleaning of her home, and for her weight and fitness level she expends alot of calories. I don't count cleaning because I don't have an accurate means of measuring it. BMR does not include calories expended on cleaning.

Are you kidding me? Have you ever swept, scrubbed, rinsed and then waxed/polished the floor in a good-sized room? It can be a workout if you are doing it right...
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    I get angry when people lose weight doing things that are not healthy or good for your body. It makes me irrationally angry that people just want to lose weight and don't care if it hurts them in the process. I admit my ignorance, I don't necessarily understand everything, it just pisses me off. ^^;;;
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The people who know EVERYTHING and they are always right even when they are obviously wrong.
    "This worked for me. This is what I do. If you don't do it this way, you're wrong."
    Too each their own, people! Every body reacts differently.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    . Unsupportive 'friends' I reply on your posts all the time, but you don't give me the time of day, so I delete you and then you friend request me again saying you disappeared of my friends list and I miss your support! Really? Maybe you could have given me a little! Wow I sound angry, I'm not but that did irritate me! X
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The food database where there are a gazillion of the same item, and they're all way off in stats from one another.

Yes - I knew there was something I didn't like :-)
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When Mfp lumps all my cardio in one status update. Hello? I log ashtanga separate from my other stuff because I'm trying to impress my friends list, duh. :wink:

Hahaha!
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    People losing weight the unhealthy way. Only eating 800 cals a day !
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    threads where someone is obviously wanting help, but everyone just attacks them.
    example i read one where a man found out he had early alzhimers, he looked back on his diary for the past two years and found out his low carb diet may have had something to do with it. he was trying to warm people about it, even if it wasnt the best advice. people responded to him with comments like "your stupid, low carb dosnt cause alzhimers" and "ive been doing low carb for years, you obviously were doing something horribly wrong" i wanted to cry. there was NO support givven threw the entire like 4 page thread. now i only stay on fun and games.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The fact that everybody thinks their way is the "right" way and everybody else is doing it wrong.

this ^^^^ :)
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    People who complain about other individual's personal diets.
    like the one who said:
    "People losing weight the unhealthy way. Only eating 800 cals a day !"

who cares. mind your own business. you have your way of dieting and everyone else has theirs.

This site is a Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise ***Journal***.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Nothing really pisses me off on MFP. I love this site.

The one thing I would change is the how everyone can add any foods they want, and put in how many calories they think the food has. There needs to be some form of monitoring of this - even though I know how hard that would really be. I just find it frustrating when i am entering in foods - even foods like a can of coke - and the calories are lower then they are supposed to be. Why do people create foods and lie about the calories? Are they just 'guessing'? Or are they lying to themselves? Either way, that is just an annoyance I find but something I can deal with.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    People that sit and wine that they are not loosing weight when they are eating 10 slices of pizza and 2 pieces of cake everyday with no type of exercise.... I mean Im the worst dieter ever but when I him my cal's for the day I stop eating and go to the gym.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What pisses ME off? That all you awesome, funny people aren't on my friends list! :tongue:

Hilarious!
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    threads where someone is obviously wanting help, but everyone just attacks them.
    example i read one where a man found out he had early alzhimers, he looked back on his diary for the past two years and found out his low carb diet may have had something to do with it. he was trying to warm people about it, even if it wasnt the best advice. people responded to him with comments like "your stupid, low carb dosnt cause alzhimers" and "ive been doing low carb for years, you obviously were doing something horribly wrong" i wanted to cry. there was NO support givven threw the entire like 4 page thread. now i only stay on fun and games.

This is sad :(
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    The members of MFP who call the people LAZY who cook and clean and burn a considerable amount of calories, and post those calories. It happens quite often. That's not one of the reasons we are here, to cut someone down cause their life is not like ours.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    The guys who are on here to hit on woman and do it all the time. This is supposed to be to support each other not to pic up woman.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    This is true but it is way more of the unhealthy food that doesnt keep you satisfied. When you start eating healthy food that fills you up quicker and last longer than sometimes it is hard to eat that many calories. I learned this from weight watchers...they dont go by calories but if you are aloud 30 points for the day and go to kfc for a 4 piece meal, that 4 piece meal equals 32 points. Now you still have to eat 2 other meals for the day. This part of weight watchers really opened my eyes to how unhealthy some choices are.

Sorry this post is in response to the girl that mentioned people complaining about not being able to eat 1200 calories..not sure how to attach to that one since I am new and this is my first time postint.

I actually had that written in my post, but I decided to edit it out. I understand that healthy foods make you feel fuller quicker. I seriously saw on the forum about 2-3 weeks ago, and this girl was saying it was so hard for her to reach 1200 calories and asking why she isn't losing weight. Everyone asked what she was eating, and she said "cookies, KFC, McDonald's, etc". Replace that crap with clean food. It's okay to eat what you like, but I'm sure you will benefit from the majority of your diary consisting of clean foods.

...now I want a cookie. Why'd I have to mention that? Haha