What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people mock those with eating disorders. I know some of the posts they make seem ridiculous, but they have a disease, they hate themselves, and they're truly suffering. There is a difference between discouraging their behavior and flat out making fun of them. :/

I agree 100%. We should never bash people with eating disorders. After all, don't we all have an eating problem? We shouldn't judge them so harshly. Aren't we here to help each other out.

I also can't stand when people tell me to eat more food to lose weight. Please please that is crazy!! It might work for some but it certainly isn't science and it would never work for me. To lose weight I eat less and exercise more. That's what I've been taught all my life and that's how I've lost my weight. Eating more puts weight on me. But that's just me. I guess everyone is different. I still say it's crazy.

I don't think we should bash anyone: eating disorder or not. I think MFP should be a place of understanding and healing for everyone.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Oh My Goodness! Nothing to do with the thread, but has anybody noticed how much Titan looks like Orlando Bloom! Whew! is it warm in here?!!! LOL

Oh dear, is this going to piss someone off?!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    numpties
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    As negative as ANY message board is on the internet, even facebook... we need to keep this one in check.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Oh My Goodness! Nothing to do with the thread, but has anybody noticed how much Titan looks like Orlando Bloom! Whew! is it warm in here?!!! LOL

Oh dear, is this going to piss someone off?!
    And you care if that is going to piss someone off because........Hey, nothing wrong with appreciating eye candy!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Lets see...

The grammar police -

The I am going to debate you by linking links to sources filled with opinions and or flawed research types

The fact that my crappy android phone constantly has to local synch to MFP

People that complain about how other people work out i.e "like omg it is so annoying to see people walking 1.5 mphs on a treadmill reading a magazine while I am busting my butt" Really ? Why the hell is that annoying to you? If you have to wait for a machine, sure I get that but just for the existence of that behavior and to be annoyed by it seems so trivial and childish. You don't know what they are there for. I saw this little interaction occur this morning. This 20 year old woman was going really slowly on the treadmill and two other 20 something blonde bimbos came walking by and made some passing comment about how they hate it when people don't "work out and are all slow on machines" I turned to look at the girl and she looked to me in disgust and I was just like wtf, you pay your 30 dollars who the hell cares. She said yeah, especially since I just got on my feet from a really bad car accident...
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What pisses ME off? That all you awesome, funny people aren't on my friends list! :tongue:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    Lets see...

The grammar police -

The I am going to debate you by linking links to sources filled with opinions and or flawed research types

The fact that my crappy android phone constantly has to local synch to MFP

People that complain about how other people work out i.e "like omg it is so annoying to see people walking 1.5 mphs on a treadmill reading a magazine while I am busting my butt" Really ? Why the hell is that annoying to you? If you have to wait for a machine, sure I get that but just for the existence of that behavior and to be annoyed by it seems so trivial and childish. You don't know what they are there for. I saw this little interaction occur this morning. This 20 year old woman was going really slowly on the treadmill and two other 20 something blonde bimbos came walking by and made some passing comment about how they hate it when people don't "work out and are all slow on machines" I turned to look at the girl and she looked to me in disgust and I was just like wtf, you pay your 30 dollars who the hell cares. She said yeah, especially since I just got on my feet from a really bad car accident...

Oh that pisses me off. Not everyone is on the same fitness level people!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    people who have been active members for 17 days, lost .8 lbs and are suddenly "educated nutrition professionals" and "almost a kinesiologist"

shut the phuck up and eat your apple.

People that assume that someone who has been on here 17 days has only started on the journey since signing up to MFP and that life before MFP was spent in a fog of ignorant bliss sitting on the couch eating chips and pizza!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    <quote>People who insist in the face of science and physiology that they are a unique snowflake and that nothing works for them.

YES - although I've learned to be understanding. People with this attitude are prime candidates for surgical solutions. Sure it annoys me that they can't grasp how it's really done and give up, but surgery and recovery is no picnic, so I figure they just gave up on one and traded it in for something else. If they just don't get it, they don't get it - blame our society and the way many people are raised. Nobody taught them how to do the impossible.

That being said - don't hate me because I'm having surgery. I'll still weigh over 200 pounds and it's being done to save my life from something totally unrelated
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    people who have been active members for 17 days, lost .8 lbs and are suddenly "educated nutrition professionals" and "almost a kinesiologist"

People that assume that someone who has been on here 17 days has only started on the journey since signing up to MFP and that life before MFP was spent in a fog of ignorant bliss sitting on the couch eating chips and pizza!

Unless I see RD ( registered dietician) at the end of someone's name I take their nutrition advice with a gain of salt.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The term "skinny fat". It's one of those oxymorons like jumbo shrimp. Plus, in my book "skinny fat" is 1000x better than "fat fat".
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    The term "skinny fat". It's one of those oxymorons like jumbo shrimp. Plus, in my book "skinny fat" is 1000x better than "fat fat".

That term is stupid. Either you're healthy and skinny or unhealthy and skinny. There is no such thing as skinny fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I also can't stand when people tell me to eat more food to lose weight. Please please that is crazy!! It might work for some but it certainly isn't science and it would never work for me. To lose weight I eat less and exercise more. That's what I've been taught all my life and that's how I've lost my weight. Eating more puts weight on me. But that's just me. I guess everyone is different. I still say it's crazy.

Oh god.....could we not get through a whole post without someone bringing this up!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Unless I see RD ( registered dietician) at the end of someone's name I take their nutrition advice with a gain of salt.

Did you know that there is no state or federal registration for dieticians? Your school certificate is all you need, and some of the schools are pretty much just a cracker-jack joke. Not all dieticians get their degree from an accredited school, so if I see R.D., I also want to know where they got it from.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Nothing really "Pisses" me off. However I hate when I read a thread title about a "Diet" the word "Diet" irks me. Now if you are using the word to explain your food intake, that is different, but to use it as to what you are doing, it really has the same affect that nails down the chalk board has on my ears. To me someone who say's that they are doing such and such diet, I want to say "So basically you are telling us, you'll starve yourself then once that stops working you are going to gain all the weight you did lose, back?" It's not about a certain diet, it's a damn life style, if we can't teach ourselves to do this even after the weight is off, how do you expect to keep it off?

Oh and I can't stand when people ask me "What's the secret?" Seriously? If there was a secret I'd be rich and it wouldn't be a secret any longer. Stop looking for an easy way out, there isn't one. Commitment, dedication, desire, will power.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Slightly off topic!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I hate when I get pissed off at several different threads at the same time...and then have to visit Facebook to cheer up. THAT'S SOME WIGGEDYWIGGEDYWHACK MESS. :laugh:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options

Did you know that there is no state or federal registration for dieticians? Your school certificate is all you need, and some of the schools are pretty much just a cracker-jack joke. Not all dieticians get their degree from an accredited school, so if I see R.D., I also want to know where they got it from.

www.eatright.org/ACEND

That is where the federal regulations are. Good point!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options

Slightly off topic!!

Hey I don't get off.........oh look a kitty!!