What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    writing a post and not having a single person take 2 seconds to respond when other posts have like 300+ replies....ugh i hate it every freaking time!!!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    people who have been active members for 17 days, lost .8 lbs and are suddenly "educated nutrition professionals" and "almost a kinesiologist"

shut the phuck up and eat your apple.

People that assume that someone who has been on here 17 days has only started on the journey since signing up to MFP and that life before MFP was spent in a fog of ignorant bliss sitting on the couch eating chips and pizza!

Unless I see RD ( registered dietician) at the end of someone's name I take their nutrition advice with a gain of salt.

Slightly off topic!!

Hey I don't get off.........oh look a kitty!!

LOL
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not commenting on you last statement... But I DO want to comment on your weight loss... DAM LADY DO YO DAM THANG!!! you're kicking *kitten* and taking names too... OUTSTANDING progress!!!
    [/quote]

Thank you! I think I will comment then that I although it does not p!ss my off but rather amuses me when people assume I don't know what I am talking about when I comment on some of the topics where people are asking for advice. Lol...not only have I lost a whole person, but now I counsel nutrition for a living. hahaha, I just laugh them off.
    [/quote]

YOU GO GIRL - I would bow to your expertise and you can advise me any ol time.
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    what really pisses me off on MFP is this forum forum - and the way I can't figure out how to correctly carry the quotes of others before i comment - there has to be a better way to do this... but whatta ya want for nuthin?
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Not commenting on you last statement... But I DO want to comment on your weight loss... DAM LADY DO YO DAM THANG!!! you're kicking *kitten* and taking names too... OUTSTANDING progress!!!

Thank you! I think I will comment then that I although it does not p!ss my off but rather amuses me when people assume I don't know what I am talking about when I comment on some of the topics where people are asking for advice. Lol...not only have I lost a whole person, but now I counsel nutrition for a living. hahaha, I just laugh them off.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Hey great job!! How much have you lost?
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    "Ate way too much today. Oh well, tomorrow's another day." or something along those lines....all the time!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Oh My Goodness! Nothing to do with the thread, but has anybody noticed how much Titan looks like Orlando Bloom! Whew! is it warm in here?!!! LOL

Oh dear, is this going to piss someone off?!
    And you care if that is going to piss someone off because........Hey, nothing wrong with appreciating eye candy!

You are right, I don't care!.................Orlando Bloom is in the House!!!! WOO HOO!!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

Oh My Goodness! Nothing to do with the thread, but has anybody noticed how much Titan looks like Orlando Bloom! Whew! is it warm in here?!!! LOL

Oh dear, is this going to piss someone off?!
    And you care if that is going to piss someone off because........Hey, nothing wrong with appreciating eye candy!

You are right, I don't care!.................Orlando Bloom is in the House!!!! WOO HOO!!!

And he's tasty too!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    people who ask for the opinion of others ... and then get all sensitive at the responses

LOL I saw you on that other forum where the girl was complaining about yet another forum xD The starvation one or whatever
  • hanna6774
    Options
    s
    I hate it when people mock those with eating disorders. I know some of the posts they make seem ridiculous, but they have a disease, they hate themselves, and they're truly suffering. There is a difference between discouraging their behavior and flat out making fun of them. :/

I agree 100%. We should never bash people with eating disorders. After all, don't we all have an eating problem? We shouldn't judge them so harshly. Aren't we here to help each other out.

I also can't stand when people tell me to eat more food to lose weight. Please please that is crazy!! It might work for some but it certainly isn't science and it would never work for me. To lose weight I eat less and exercise more. That's what I've been taught all my life and that's how I've lost my weight. Eating more puts weight on me. But that's just me. I guess everyone is different. I still say it's crazy.

Oh god.....could we not get through a whole post without someone bringing this up!!

NOOOOOO!!! It gives me an excuse for.....you know.......POPCORN!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    s
    I hate it when people mock those with eating disorders. I know some of the posts they make seem ridiculous, but they have a disease, they hate themselves, and they're truly suffering. There is a difference between discouraging their behavior and flat out making fun of them. :/

I agree 100%. We should never bash people with eating disorders. After all, don't we all have an eating problem? We shouldn't judge them so harshly. Aren't we here to help each other out.

I also can't stand when people tell me to eat more food to lose weight. Please please that is crazy!! It might work for some but it certainly isn't science and it would never work for me. To lose weight I eat less and exercise more. That's what I've been taught all my life and that's how I've lost my weight. Eating more puts weight on me. But that's just me. I guess everyone is different. I still say it's crazy.

Oh god.....could we not get through a whole post without someone bringing this up!!

With butter for me - no butter for you....got it!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    s

*snicker* seriously, ED is a dangerous disease.
  • hanna6774
    Options
    s

Nope! I'm feelin' a little dangerous - sign me up for some butter........flavor LOL!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Nope! I'm feelin' a little dangerous - sign me up for some butter........flavor LOL!

You wild thang you
  • caroleslaststand
    Options

NOOOOO - there - see? I screwed up the quote thing and now it looks like I said something that was actually said by someone else. I've only lost 40lb (19 of them BEFORE I found MFP) and was just complimenting someone for losing something wayyy over 100lb.

[/quote]

Hey great job!! How much have you lost?
    [/quote]
  • hanna6774
    Options
    s

Oh Sorry! Definitely time for me to go to bed - I thought I replied to a quote about eating enough as in caloric intake talk....again! Sooo soooo sorry - definitely would never make fun of eating disorders EVER!!!!:sad:
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    grrrrrrr I f*&^ing give up!!!
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It really pisses me off when pro- ana/ obviously very very sick people who aren't striving for recovery add me.
    I'm eating disordered, I am sick and I'm trying so hard to get better, it doesn't exactly make me happy and light hearted when "proanaismylyf" adds me and expects me to be hostile and nice. Not to mention how ridiculous the whole consept of that is. I don't understand it, i'm sure some people would disagree,
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    s

Oh Sorry! Definitely time for me to go to bed - I thought I replied to the quote about eating enough! Sooo soooo sorry - definitely would never make fun of eating disorders EVER!!!!:sad:

You did.....My post was referencing the last paragraph - I did not even consider that it may be mis-construed to mean the ED part. So that's my fault for not excluding the ED part (now exluded on my original post)
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When there are like 10 options for the type of food you ate and they are all wrong! How difficult it is to post your picture on the boards and blog (I don't know how) lol. How there is no notifications if someone comments on something. But I mainly love this site and it has helped me out a lot so far!! :smile: