Replies

• new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's all nasty to me!!! LOL Carry on!!!
  • NoMatterHowFar
    NoMatterHowFar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I filter generic plain yogurt using large round coffee filters in a mesh strainer for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Splenda + fresh fruit or if feeling decadent with honey and its tasty.. it is also a good replacement for sour cream. I do this because I'm poor and both those brands of greek yogurt cost way too much to rationalize.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I do not eat Dannon or Yoplait products. I eat 4 different yogurts, Stonyfield Oikos fat free, it is my sour cream substitute, I like it better than real yogurt. Fage is my favorite to just add fruit to... thick and smooth. Chobani is good but hard to find here. Brown Cow fat free all natural yogurt is wonderful too. I buy many of my yogurts from the local Grocery Outlet! Prices are usually less than half of what it is in the grocery store.
  • Emellon
    Emellon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You guys are lucky, we don't get Fage here in Canada. Wish we did, it's delicious! :(

I'm not a fan of the Oikos, I found it to be a bit sour.
    The one I buy is Liberte Greek yogurt, regular fat. Sounds horrible but a lil bit of fat is good and
    it's so creamy and goes perfect with honey and maybe some almonds. Good breakfast!
  • lillawyernica
    Options
    Coming from a Greek, Fage is the best by far! Fage has a 0% and 2% plain yogurt and very high in protein (yay!). Fage is the ONLY brand that tastes good on its own. It comes in individual (6oz) and larger containers. Add a little honey and it is a wonderful snack.

The other brands, particularly Oikos, are awful. I once told someone that it was an insult to call Oikos Greek yogurt, it is far too watery and tastes terrible. I tried Chobani once, threw it out after the second spoonful.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I tried oikos today. I prefer liberte
  • tkelly82
    tkelly82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fage all the way. I love the combo containers and being able to control how much fruit or whatnot I mix in. My absolute fave is the Fage Honey. To die for!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Out of the two I like Oikos better (the Stonyfield Organic version) but Fage is my absolute favourite Greek yogurt. It's delicious.
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    I like Fage plain with chopped strawberries, blueberries, or berries. I try to do the 0% or 2% but every now and then for a treat I'll do the regular - it's so yummy!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani...I get it at Wegman's for $1.00 I add it to my breakfast smoothie every morning.
  • squared16
    squared16 Posts: 41
    Options
    I eat plain greek yogurt because the fruit varieties tend to pack on extra calories and I usually buy Oikos because it's cheaper in my grocery store in the larger containers.
  • areumdawn
    areumdawn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like fage, oikos, and chobani in that order. fage is the thickest
  • countessjaye
    Options
    first I think that all the thick Greek yogurts are a gift to us. rich, yummy, full of protein, all of them are a calorie bargain when compared to most any ice cream (lol), and with the variety available just about everywhere there is much to ponder. BUT, one has to grow to love it, I find, through personal customization.

for those who don't like yogurt's tang (and I was one of them), that can be killed with sweetness. for those who find the flavors too sweet or too fake, try using sugar-free jam of your choice instead. try agave instead of honey, make your own vanilla to taste with your preferred sweetener and vanilla extract. try other extracts too. in the end, you will be able to find a way to love it.

to answer the question, I think I might most love whichever I am eating but right now I swear this cannon oikos I am eating is the best stuff ever. granted, I accidentally got the whole milk variety... yum, using sugar free chocolate syrup... yum..
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Dannon all way!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    As far as taste and quality... Fage is the best but it's also the priciest (you get what you pay for!)

Next in line would be Chobani.

Then after Chobani would be Dannon.

The Yoplait Greek is just terrible.

I highly recommend the Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt from Aldi though. The pineapple one is fantastic. And they're 89/cup.
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Chobani for sure, and where I live Costco sells it in a multi pack
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    My fridge is stocked with both! I really enjoy both of them and don't really prefer one brand over the other.

Chobani mango and Oikos Black cherry are my two favorites.
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Never had either. I always just get a local brand (plain) and I love it. I just tries Voskos and I didnt like it nearly as much.
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos all the way!