worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "no offence to you love, but these people are obese, they don't deserve kids"
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    When a fling told me that to lose weight I should just "stop stuffing my face". (At that time I was doing my unhealthy OCD under-eating and exercising on top of it.) Never saw that a**hole again...

On that same bit another thing he had said before we were hooking up: "You're too fat to come to our parties" and then proceeded to ask for a booty call on my lunch break... (I was a size 16 at the time.)
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i had a customer tell me 'you shouldn't be lifting that that in your condition, let me get it' but as for weight lose my mom told me the other day 'i can tell you losing weight your tummy isn't as big' thanks mom for the backward complement and by the way i still weight more then my mom but she is bigger then i was thanks muscles
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.

OMG- that's so awful :( I'm sorry that happened. I went in to Nordstrom one day and the same thing happened. I was flipping through some tops and the sales girls said, 'We don't have that in your size." I almost started to cry. It was so rude. And of course she was this twiggy 20 something with great hair.
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    on my wedding day after looking at me my husbands friend says to him: i see you already knocked her up.
    same day an aunt rubbed my belly and asked whats in here then.

on my sons christening same aunt saw a pic of me on the fridge in my house when i was 8 and skinny and said in front of loads of people loudly : see didnt i tell you to be careful not to get fat?wasnt i right? all the while smiling at me.

after losing 50 pounds recently my grandma was trying to offer me cake and i told her im being careful with my food, she looks me up and down and says: yeah you do need to cut down!

another aunt again after i lost weight:after congratulating on my loss, pokes at my saddlebags and says well you still need to lose these but i guess they are herededery so you will always have them.
    gee thanks?

i think i blocked out the rest!

isn't family wonder mine is the same way i cut my hair and my aunt said that is where my weight went
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, my dad kept telling me, "If you keep eating like that, no one is ever gonna love you. No one wants a fatass."

Well, guess what, dad? Seven years later, I found someone who loves me no matter what I weigh. You're just mad because no one loves you because you're an abusive prick.

t(^_^t)
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    a co-worker used to joke, ''bet you have to look in a puddle to see your ****'' he meant no harm, the mentallity of the group of lads I worked with we all took the pee out of each other so I just laughed it off but deep down that one hurt, I saw him for the first time after a few years and let him know that rainy days wasnt required no more lol
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face."

I swear I get that EVERY day.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was thin in high school, only a little chubby briefly when I was about 12... Until the last 5-6 years.

My mom, bless her heart, who has NEVER weighed more than 126# and that's when she gave birth! likes to make comments even to my friends of "Lisa used to be tiny, I know that's hard to believe now."

"I showed your daddy some pictures of you from high school and he said' Who's that?' he couldn't believe how little you used to be."

She said to me about 6 or 8 months ago, "You're so "[I thought she said heavy] so I said "Heavy, that's not very nice" and she said "I didn't call you heavy, I called you HEFTY because you're so muscular!" I said "That's even worse".

After one of my shoulder surgeries she was at my house and actually asked me "Do you have a jacket that I could wear that wouldn't swallow me whole? I don't want it hanging off of me." I said "No sorry, I only have fat people clothes. I don't keep things around in sizes that I can't wear.

More...

She has no clue, but loves to talk about how "fat" she is at 112# and about her 18" waist when she got married and her nickname of "tray belly" because her stomach was concave... I love her though... It is what it is...

The Victoria's Secret salesperson who measured for a bra and said "You're a 40DD, we don't have that here. You're gonna have to go to Lane Bryant." At least I'm wearing 38DD from VS now! ; )
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    I was in an airplane, I did manage to fit the seat belt. But the air hostess decided to yell out in front of everyone and insist I take a seat belt extension... Longest ride of my life lol
  • kbolfing
    kbolfing Posts: 7
    Options
    I think mine would be when an ex told me that the only reason he dated me is because he wanted to know what it was like to **** a fat chick. :( that or when in high school a girl told me that I should just kill myself and make everyone else happy. :(
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My family made fun of me when I was younger. I mean seriously - my own family. Not my mom - mostly grandpa, cousins, uncles.

Now they don't really say anything since they found out the reason I was a fat kid was because my so-called father was molesting me for the first 12 years of my life. Food was my only friend. In school I was made fun of - and heard everything you could possibly think of. I went on Nutrisystem - back when you had to go to the centers- and by end of Sophmore year I was 135 pounds. I don't think I handled my new found popularity very well. I use my back story to help others - being an advocate for childhood abuse and bullying. I am working on advocating for size acceptance.

Now that I am 36 I have put the weight back on and when I go out shopping - I see the stares sometimes. Especially since my husband is very a well known musician in our area. I know a lot of girls look at me and go "why" or "what does he see in her" - it is hurtful. I have seen the whispers and the stares.

I have to say - I am pretty lucky in the fact that no one has ever asked me "when are you due?"
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Well this was TODAY, I swear! It also came from a younger man but still hurt just as bad.

We were on our way to church and my friend said "You've lost weight" and I said "Yes, thank you. I've lost around 40 pounds". The young man bulges in and say's "You must have been HUUUGGGGE"! Just like that with it carried out.

I'm thinking... I've only lost 40 pounds with 140 left to lose... If I was HUUUGGGGE, I'm still HUUGGE!

I'm the kinda of person that will laugh it out... in front of people. But once I get home I just want to cry. It hurts.... and I'm trying so hard.

I just wish everything was different. You have to start somewhere though.
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    Options
    when at subway one day a little kid said to her mom about my wife and I "Mom they are really fat"......to the mother's credit though she corrected them immediatly and apologized .....i am secure enough it didn't really bother me that much.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you look anorexic
    ***** please i eat 2200 calories a day
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    Now the comments I am getting are -

'Eat something'
    'See you later. Enjoy your starvation diet'
    'Nice collarbones'
    'Hey fatty' - from a friend clearly mocking my weight loss.

I just can't win!

i totally get this one. i just spoke with my brother and hes like today you can eat somethings as im eating lunch and he can probably hear me chewing lol ehh
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    The cashier in a store once said to me, When are you due. I was not and have never been pregnant.
  • arp1217
    arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I dated someone that picked up my arm and told me that I would never be skinny because I was big boned! I cannot wait until I reach my goal and walk right up to him and laugh in his face!!!!!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "no offence to you love, but these people are obese, they don't deserve kids"

What?! No, the people that don't deserve kids are the ones that don't love or want them, abuse them, or hurt them. Just because you're overweight doesn't mean you've given up your "privilege" to have kids. If that was true I wouldn't be here.
    When I was 14, my dad kept telling me, "If you keep eating like that, no one is ever gonna love you. No one wants a fatass."

Well, guess what, dad? Seven years later, I found someone who loves me no matter what I weigh. You're just mad because no one loves you because you're an abusive prick.

t(^_^t)

My dad said the same exact things to me. He would slap parts of my body and laugh then turn around and say how no one would want me, no guy would be able to "keep it up", and so on. He also liked to tell me I was stupid, couldn't think for myself, and if I defied him I was ungrateful and hurtful and so on so why should I ever bother getting a man I obviously was a monster.

And yet... voila I'm still in a relationship after 3 years. Us: 1, our dads: 0.
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face."

I've heard this more times then I care to count. :(