worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Where I am from, alot and there are alot of prissy women with the im a princess atitude that are in bars, restaurants, or live concerts to hear and see women in their 20s and 30s to say "OMG, you are so not aesthetically pleasing and your fat, go move somewhere els so I can enjoy being out". Not kidding, It happens alot to people there. Its sad. They do the saem thing to old guys too. I would see it at least 1-4 times a week because I lived downtown.
  • mrshoneybee
    mrshoneybee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband's uncle said, "You were the cutest little thing when I first met you."
    AND...................................
    "You look SO tired."
  • nickandmiah
    Options
    Worst comment ever made to me was "What happened?"
  • Linda1053
    Linda1053 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was out in the garden on a beautiful summers day, at the back of the house were no one could see me or so I thought. When I heard my neighbour shout to his wife (who was then a stick insect) 'OMG had you seen the state of her next door in those shorts!' followed by a laugh. It hurt so very much. However at that time it did the trick I joined WW and lost four stone! I made a special visit and thanked him for his comment. I'm not sure who felt worse, me when I heard him or him when I told him 'Thank You for the kick in the stomach I needed to get me motivated.; Well needless to say I have fought being big all my life but this time I seem to have it under control and that is how I intend it to remain. Good luck to us all on our journey and to hell with those who hurt us along the way!
  • Kehnj
    Kehnj Posts: 33
    Options
    I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

Hippos are beautiful and powerful creatures that strike fear into the dinosaurs that live today, the crocodile. Not to mention they are absolutely adorable. The hippo is one of my favorite animals, Such power. u_u Next time charge him, he'd probably piss his pants. Show him why hippos are respected in the animal kingdom.

Not saying you look anything like a hippo of course! <3 You're beautiful! He was ugly and that guy was an *kitten* because he was trying to be rude, those type of people you just need to let it roll or find your own form of humor in it, Considering he called you one of the most powerful terrifying creatures on the planet. Clearly he was intimidated. u_u <3<3

I can't recall an awful comment made about my weight in general at the moment, I probably make the worst ones about myself, But I'm not ashamed, I'm getting thinner and healthier, I don't ever pick at others though, Just moreless self motivation. My brother and his friends made me hate my name growing up turning 'Heather' Into 'Heifer' And I found that insulting and usually chalked it up to my weight.
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These are horrible!
    Most embarrassing moment ever at my heaviest was having my fiance wanting me to do a nude handstand :huh: "itd be sexy".
    Well, I did it and he made this weird face and said "we're really out of shape aren't we." :grumble:
  • arleylange
    Options
    When I was 20 lbs lighter, I was out for my morning run and some young man hung out the window of his friend's truck and yelled, "Keep running, Fatty, you need it!" What!? 120-something pounds is FAT!? It hurt even more because I had worked very hard over a three-month period to lose that 20 lbs (yep, I eventually gained it all back, but that's not related to the remark but my own laziness and poor choices).
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    my friend from the Philippines asked why I am so fat and why I don't get liposuction.... they are brutally honest in her country or any Asian type of country for that matter
  • mmcaniac
    mmcaniac Posts: 1
    Options
    to Carolina Girl from another Carolina girl....I had 4 kids too and my ex asked me if I had elanphantitis (howerever you spell it..Elephant man disease) of the stomach. That hurt me so bad.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    "I would kiss your @$$, but it'd take all day."
    This comment was made (often) after I told my soon-to-be-ex to kiss my @$$ because he said something mean/rude.
  • LifeLongJourney
    Options
    It was when I was 10, I went to the ER for strep throat and instead of telling me what he was going to do to help my raw bleeding throat he told me "You are so fat you probably won't fit though a door when you become a teenager." and my Dad was there and never said a word. I'll never forget how normal I felt about my body in till that day and it was the worse thing that was said to me and the first thing that was said to me about my weight.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was called "Flubber" as a kid (remember the movie). My favorite though, is when some guy bumped into me on the street (him bumping into me, not the other way around) he told me that I need to watch what I'm doing because I took up more of the road. I then told him he needed to learn to walk in a straight line. :-)
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.

This is actually essentially my worst nightmare. I'm right at the borderline of plus sized, (L-XL tops, and 14-16 pants), but I refuse to shop plus sized. I feel like a lot of what keeps me motivated is to be able to fit into more clothes, and if I started going into plus-sized stores, I could fit into whatever I like, and that element would be gone. Anyway though, I'm always terrified that someone's going to say that to me.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When are you due? NOT Pregnant

Yup. Got that one a few times. I used to try to be tactful about it, last time I said, "I'm not pregnant, just fat. Thanks for noticing." My sister replied with, "It's not a baby, it's a tumor." I'm not that ballsy...lol

Brave woman lol
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids of my own but i think the comments that get me the worse and i know kids don't know better is when they point and say "Mommy why is that lady so fat" OR a few weeks ago a little girl told her mommy i had a baby in my belly nope no i don't.
  • Ceiteag
    Ceiteag Posts: 2
    Options
    It wasn't a spoken comment, but I was walking to the auto repair shop from home when some people driving past spit on me. It really effected me.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    my dad was always on my case growing up, as was my brother. But it was a family friend tht made a comment that just stuck. She was leaning on me and said I was so comfortable because of how soft and squishy I was .....never was a good friend, but I will never forget that

That's a comment I make about myself, but never in a self-deprecating way. I remember in high school, a friend (skinny friend) was telling me about her mother (who was larger) and how much she loved her mom and loved cozy-ing up to her because she was so comfy. (I thought it was endearing). :-)
  • asia_hanebach
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face."

Oh is that not the worse ...uuugghh !!!

I don't get why people have a problem with this. I'd be happy if someone told me I had a pretty face. A pretty face and a crappy body is at least better than just a crappy body.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every Christmas when we go to my inlaws my husband's brother invites this older couple and one year she said to me "if you'd eat some vegetables you'd lose some weight." That was it! I started my diet right after that! She still questions me every time I see her about what I am doing to lose weight! She's is such a bag!

how rude!! i would reply with ok thanks for that, now tell me, what do u intend to do about your face cause you is DAMN ugly!!

sorry got carried away cause it makes me angry!
  • asia_hanebach
    Options
    "Why not just kill yourself, you fat ugly troll."

:O Did someone actually say that to you!? That's ridiculous! I can't believe anyone would say something so terrible.