Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you ladies are all such an inspiration! As a new mom, with some weight to lose and that little "pouch" i have this gives me so much hope that something can be done!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm only 1/3 of the way in to my weight loss and my post c section stomach is lifting already - before pic on bottom current on top.

layeredoct2010toapril2012.jpg
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you all look amazing and give me hope of loosing the baby belly.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    42 Year old mom to 6 kids.

8 months pregnant with baby6. I gain 50-60lbs/baby
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

These are my only bikini pictures 1 year after having baby 6
    Summer2010-3-2.jpg

These are pictures almost 3 years after baby 6 (I just took these a couple of weeks ago) I am wanting my waist to go down more.
    March30Back-1.jpg

I still have that hangy baby skin and stretch marks, but they are not as noticeable.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    Depending on the amount of "pouch" you have depends on if you can get rid of it without surgery. If it is minor like some of the women here have had, then yes.

I had 3 childred. My last was a C-Section. I had a large amount of "hangage". Skin that was so stretched out and fat that didn't go anywhere despite my diligence to eat right and exercise.

I have had a tummy tuck. ( One year ago). During my consult with my doctor I found out something I (and most women) probably don't know.

When you have children, your abdominal muscles separate and move apart to make room for the baby. They DO NOT move back together after you give birth. (Especially multiple births) You can do all kinds of abdominal excercises and you more than likely will not get the same results as others who have not had children.
    I had muscle repair with my tummy tuck. I had my abdominal muscles sewn back together permanently and for the first time in 19 years I can feel the muscles in my abs flex!

If you plan to have more children keep this mind. Or have a lot of excessive skin like I did, you may want to go in for a consult.

I worked for cosmetic surgeons when I had my surgery. A good surgeon will tell you to do what makes you happy. Beware of any that try to convince you that you "need" to do something.

Hopefully you can do it on your own. I just couldn't. It wasn't physically possible with what I was working with. (They removed over 5lbs of hanging skin and fat during my surgery.) But as you can see from my photos, I had a lot of weight loss before my surgery. I still have skin I'm trying to tone.

Good luck to you!
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TinkrBelz
    Options
    Depending on the amount of "pouch" you have depends on if you can get rid of it without surgery. If it is minor like some of the women here have had, then yes.

I had 3 childred. My last was a C-Section. I had a large amount of "hangage". Skin that was so stretched out and fat that didn't go anywhere despite my diligence to eat right and exercise.

I have had a tummy tuck. ( One year ago). During my consult with my doctor I found out something I (and most women) probably don't know.

When you have children, your abdominal muscles separate and move apart to make room for the baby. They DO NOT move back together after you give birth. (Especially multiple births) You can do all kinds of abdominal excercises and you more than likely will not get the same results as others who have not had children.
    I had muscle repair with my tummy tuck. I had my abdominal muscles sewn back together permanently and for the first time in 19 years I can feel the muscles in my abs flex!

If you plan to have more children keep this mind. Or have a lot of excessive skin like I did, you may want to go in for a consult.

I worked for cosmetic surgeons when I had my surgery. A good surgeon will tell you to do what makes you happy. Beware of any that try to convince you that you "need" to do something.

Hopefully you can do it on your own. I just couldn't. It wasn't physically possible with what I was working with. (They removed over 5lbs of hanging skin and fat during my surgery.) But as you can see from my photos, I had a lot of weight loss before my surgery. I still have skin I'm trying to tone.

Good luck to you!

She is right on point. My skin (in my opinion) did not warrant the surgery. BUT, I have a friend on here that had one kid and her skin was destroyed. She is a heavy lifter and muscular everywhere, but the tummy skin was still hanging. So she had to get a TT and she looks great.

My mom got a TT too, and she had to have that muscle repair. He said he has never seen muscles that were that torn (my brothers were 10lbs babies)

I do not think there is anything wrong with getting a TT to remove the skin and repair your muscles. Heck, I just got my boobs done 5 months ago!! ;)

I was/am able to get pretty good results with diet and exercise. My tummy does not look as good as women that got TT, but it is bearable. It does depend on how much loose skin you got from your babies.
  • NICOLED73
    Options
    My 3rd was a C-section and 10lbs. My 2nd was 9.5 lbs. I was stretched beyond non surgical repair. :/
    Very happy I did it. I've lost another 40 lbs post surgery.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 currently 126lbs, went up to around 150lbs at full term
    40+2
    402weeks.jpg
    8 days after giving birth
    012july.jpg
    28th March 2012
    28thmarch-1.jpg

Still got a way to go, need to get rid of the love handles and tone up my tummy, still feels big when i sit down!
  • TinkrBelz
    Options
    My 3rd was a C-section and 10lbs. My 2nd was 9.5 lbs. I was stretched beyond non surgical repair. :/
    Very happy I did it. I've lost another 40 lbs post surgery.

My last four (out of the 6) were 9-9.5lbs!! But, my OB induced me early so I could deliver my babies, we did not want them to get to 10lbs because that is just tough on the body to push out! Most OBs won't do that, but mine knows me and my body, so I was glad that he was always willing to induce. Can you imagine if I had gone to term or 2 weeks late!!! 10-11lbs babies!! :noway:

I joke with my mom that her tummy looks better than mine and she is 60!!

I did not get any stretch marks until my 4th kid. Then after that I got more stretch marks and loose skin with babies 4-6. :grumble:
  • NICOLED73
    Options
    All three of my kids were 9 days late.
    My first was the only "normal" weight at 7lbs. 10oz. He was the first and the easiest delivery.
    My 2nd was induced (at 9 days late). 9.5 lbs. 17+ hours of pushing. Awful!
    My 3rd. was 9 lbs. 1 oz on her due date. 9 days later she was a scheduled C-sect and 10lbs.
    All of those babies were way too comfortable in there!
    My highest "known" weight was 265. I could have easily been more than that. I avoided the scale back then.
    When I had my TT I was 238.
    I am currently 195 and a size 12 at 5'8". I look at that weight number and I'm still horrified, but never take into consideration my height or build. I've hidden my scale and I'm trying not to live by it anymore. I'd like to be a toned size 10. Regardless of what the scale says I weigh.
    Having the TT sort of catapulted me into working harder. It was an expensive procedure and I'll be damned if I don't get excellent results after spending that kind of money! LOL. It has been a really good thing for me.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I need to post on this thread to motivate myself. I am 11w PP after baby number 4. I never appreciated how flat my tummy was pre-babies until after having 4 babies and not having a flat tummy anymore! :-S

My goal - since I don't know if I can lose all of the tummy pouch - is to at least be able to wear a bikini with a high waist. Shoot, I would be happy to get into tankini this summer and a bikini by next summer. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for resurrecting this post!!! It has now been 6 month since I posted this originally, and I am happy to report that my tummy is starting to pull up and inwards- and while I still have a pooch, both my doc and myself are thinking if I continue to lift heavy, it just may go back to it's original state (well, not quite ;)). Keep the pics coming! You all look amazing!
  • laphillips12
    laphillips12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I wish my stomach looked nearly as good as you ladies....I have a pooch, I don't think its enough to get a tummy tuck but the tiger stripes are every where...I do notice my tummy getting tighter but I will never rock a true bikini. After gaining 100lbs with my first who was only 8lbs 1oz, I got more then I bargained for. My biggest baby at 10lbs 1 oz (#2) only gave me 1 stretch mark and (#3) was a wee 6lbs 12oz so none there!

You ladies look fantastic!!!
  • MPSEmilysMama
    Options
    I had four children that came with four c-sections. One year later, I herniated that c-section incision and a gave my self a smaller one to boot. They went in and had to basically re do the c section and then went in length wise and did the small one. I have a 7 inch scar straight up my middle! My tummy looks like a bootie, lol. I gained a ton of weight (102 lbs) over time and I am working to get it all off, but I am almost positive that I will not be able to get even close to a "normal" tummy. My abs are separated and I have nerve damage from 6 surgeries, so I can't feel anything in my lower stomach when doing exercises. I'm pretty sure I will be having a tummy tuck and putting my girls back up north when I get done!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • sldwells
    sldwells Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!