bump for my topics :happy:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...one of the simplest ways I've seen this explained, which I have been waiting for! Upped my daily net calories by about 400, which will hopefully make the difference I need to lose the last 5 or so lbs.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • articfire2886
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • scompton54
    scompton54 Posts: 116
    Options
    bump
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Wait so I have to eat 1764 calories NET on non work out days.......and i'm suppose to lose weight? No way. I just can't seem to wrap my head around that. That is so much food. That is the number I got after I worked it all out. I want to try but i'm afraid of gaining more. :(
  • pumpkin_mel
    Options
    bump
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump

nice explanation
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just got this book, but haven't had a chance to read it. Thanks for the info!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wait so I have to eat 1764 calories NET on non work out days.......and i'm suppose to lose weight? No way. I just can't seem to wrap my head around that. That is so much food. That is the number I got after I worked it all out. I want to try but i'm afraid of gaining more. :(

Yup! You'll lose more slowly than 1lb per week but you will be losing fat and NOT muscle tissue which you definitely don't want to lose. It's a lot of food but it's not excessive. Just try upping it by 100 cals every few days until you get to the 1764. If you exercise you should eat back all those calories as well.

You wouldn't gain much from trying it if that's what you're afraid of. You'd probably only gain a few lbs. Only problem is that you have to have patience because at first you will feel very full but after about 4 days you should start having more energy and have less trouble eating more. You will start to feel slimmer and more positive and healthier! Then wait about 4 weeks and weigh in, and you should have evened out by then depending on if your metabolism has any damage or not. If you've gained significantly, keep in mind that the calculations are estimates, so you may have to tweak a little to 1700 or if you've lost a lot maybe you need to tweak to 1800. You see?

Remember that even though we all want to lose weight fast, this is not a fast process!! You will find that sweet spot and feel much better too! Good luck!
  • MelBee29
    MelBee29 Posts: 73
    Options
    thanks for the info !
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I just bought the kindle edition of this book, and started reading today, but had not hit any actual recommendations yet. E-books are a pain to flip back through, so I'm glad to have found this all laid out clearly!

There should be a way to set "bookmarks" on your Kindle - it's very useful for books like NROLFW with charts, etc. hope that helps. :)

There is a way to bookmark on a kindle. To be honest, I bought on the kindle and just recently bought the paperback. Some things are just easier when you can easily bounce around and since you can't easily print, it was more difficult with the exercise photos. Just my opinion on this one. I love my kindle for everything else.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I read through the entire thread but, forgive me, I'm still confused.

Is this program something to look into for maintenance and for building muscle/toning if you're at or close to your goal weight or will this help you drop actual weight, too? I'm all about muscle building and this sounds really intriguing, but in my case I would really love to drop this last 25 lbs or so without starving/depriving myself.

The information is SO different from one "plan" to another and all this information that changes on a dime wherever you turn is enough to make you throw your hands up and crawl in a hole.
  • Akc78728
    Akc78728 Posts: 4
    Options
    If I substracted 500 cal from my bmr I could only eat 900cal a day, which would be insanely unhealthy. Anything under 1200 your body goes into starvation mode.