Replies

• ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump. lol man tits.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

This! I usually bring headphones and either listen to music or the tv depending on what machine I am on, but sometimes ppl talk so loudly that even with the music or whatever their conversation is still coming in super loudly.

I wouldn't say that I HATE this next thing, but I do find it a little strange when there are a lot of open treadmills or whatever & someone chooses the one right next to me.

I usually go to one particular treadmill. Even if someone is on it. I don't mind that as I don't pay attention to those who are next to me.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I only hate when people don't wipe machines down after their use. and PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF PEEVES... Stay home and work out. Gyms are public and no 2 people are alike. If they paid to be there, they have the same rights as you. Go very late at night or very early in the morning if you hate to deal with PEOPLE.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Women w/o any kind of bra. ?????????????????????

Where the hell do you work out at?!? :noway:
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Rubbernecking at my stats!
    I'm not there to compete with anyone but myself.
    I wish they would concentrate on their own numbers, stop comparing and trying to compete with me!
  • Ceej17
    Ceej17 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nothing bothers me unless someone comes and steals the machine while im doing a rest! You would never catch me in a shower at a gym i don't wanna be catching no athletes foot or diseases from all the nasty people in there ill go sweaty all day then do that! I'm in the locker room long enough to change my clothes and shorts and im out!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    To much cologne!
  • ksanchez311
    Options
    People who don't wipe down their equipment, people who clank/drop the weights on the machines, people who don't adhere to the 1 machine buffer zone whenever possible, people who grunt LOUDLY, and people who try to strike up a conversation. I hate to be a wench but I'm there at 5am to work out and be on my way. I don't want to chat..... And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who finds so many things annoying at the gym. I thought I was just evil. LOL!
  • elijahgo1
    elijahgo1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Yoga Swimmers!

There is this couple that thinks it is OK to do yoga on the side of the pool after their swim workout. They are the hippie, mid-40's couple that probably smugly drives a Prius while telling you how bad your car is, and would cringe if you said you like Microsoft Windows.

Anyways, they always do tandem yoga after swimming laps..They have some sort of routine they have synchronized. She, for some reason, lets out these Orgasmic noises while doing her poses. They are quite loud and disturbing (if I can hear your ograsm scream while I'm swimming laps it is too loud). Did I mention that he does his in his speedos?

After this, they take about 5 min. to say goodbye to each other before going into the locker room (hugging and kissing). I mean seriously, it is not an airport terminal, you will see her in 5 min.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    The ONLY thing that bothers me is the Elderly man in his SUPER short shorts. You can see EVERYTHING. Especially when he's stretching. I can handle everything but that. It reallyyyyy grosses me out. Ick.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

Yes. Distracting.

Jesus is awesome!

I agree!! I hate that myself and it clearly says "NO CELL PHONE USAGE ON MACHINE!!" Can't you people read!! :)
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!
    Absolutey so annoying.
    I work out at a military gym and answering the phone while on an elliptical wouldn't even be okay to me if you were catching your deployed spouses phone call. I HATE IT.
    Get off the elliptical and let someone else use it!

It's even worse to me if I want to use the elliptical but they are all taken and that one annoying girl is slowly peddling while on the phone...all decked out with make up and she's like 5'9 and 125lbs and doesn't even need to be on there.

*BIG SIGH*

Yeah. I hate the phone thing. :ohwell:
  • ksanchez311
    Options
    I only hate when people don't wipe machines down after their use. and PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF PEEVES... Stay home and work out. Gyms are public and no 2 people are alike. If they paid to be there, they have the same rights as you. Go very late at night or very early in the morning if you hate to deal with PEOPLE.

Aren't you just as bad as those of us with a lot of peeves if you find us annoying, too? And BTW, I am at the gym at 5am and people still irritate me.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me but makes me laugh, when a new guy is in the gym is trying to impress his girl and loads way too much weight and then does a few half reps.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that bothers me is the Elderly man in his SUPER short shorts. You can see EVERYTHING. Especially when he's stretching. I can handle everything but that. It reallyyyyy grosses me out. Ick.

Yeah I've seen that dude. He is 150 years old and lays his junk on the counter while he shaves to give it a rest. lol
  • Sophieliaa
    Options
    There are two girls and two boys that go to my gym. (Disclaimer, yes most of this is because I'm a bitter young hag heehee). So I go to the gym every week at least 2 times (sometimes I swim, sometimes I hike blabla) but there was a period when I went literally 5 times a week, and everyday I saw them. There wasn't a day I went that I didn't see them - although they didn't work there. I understand, they must work very hard. But NO, they didn't actually do anything. Nothing. I maybe saw one of the guys stretch once. But other than that they came in for two hours whilst I was there, stood around the water cooler and the TV wearing pretty much just underwear, laughing at each other's jokes and watching everyone sweating and wheezing trying to make another mile/10minutes/whatever. What was worse was that these people are PERFECT. They're not too toned, but still toned, the guys are ripped, the girls have managed to keep their boobs.

I know, they probably exercise loads and I just never see it - but every time I go I just stare at them like "WHY CAN'T I BE YOU?!"

Haha - I make myself laugh with my own bitterness sometimes
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Yeah I've seen that dude. He is 150 years old and lays his junk on the counter while he shaves to give it a rest. lol

ROFLMAO!!!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I had someone jump on the machine I was using after I left it for just a sec to go and get some additional weights, umm hello my towel and drink bottle were there!

People who don't wipe down afterwards, people who don't put their weights back, people that make it blatantly obvious that they want you off so they can get on and people that leave their gym bags on the bench in the change room.... don't notice it so much now as I figured out the busy times and work around that.

Just a thought....sometimes when people are "making it obvious that they want you off so they can get on", they may just be waiting for the last thing they have to do in their workout. Usually, if someone is on a machine I want to use, I'll just move on to the next segment of my workout or go get water from the drinking fountain or something. However, if it's the last thing I have to do to complete my workout, there's nothing for me to do but stand there and wait.
  • millers617
    millers617 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Re-rack your weights people! I'm small and some of those plate loaded leg machines have the weights at head height for me! That's gonna spell trouble if I have to try and remove your 45lb plates!

Only other thing is, people putting the DB's back in the rack in random places, or with the numbers facing in so it takes ages to find the ones I want. But that's small compared to not re-racking them at all.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I'm am small too, so even pulling off 30 pound weights and taking it over to a rack isn't easy! I actually had to leave my gym work because a bench had 45s on it and there was no way I was going to get it from the bench to the rack with those, so I had to leave without finishing my workout because no one was there to help me! I was PISSED
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly bugs me at the gym unless someone comes sick. That I don't like at all!!! Sick? Stay away!