Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people show up at the gym. I would much rather be the only person in the place. I can't say other people in there actually motivate more. More the opposite.

Im the same way!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    After reading these posts, it makes me even happier that I workout at home..

Me too!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    space invasion....
    in classes they are too close for comfort
    in the locker room, naked and very close to me
    taking equipment right next to me when there is plenty of empty machines

FFS get out of my space!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hate the girls who walk in as a group, all done up (cute work out clothes, hair perfect, a TON of makeup etc) and then get on the ellipticals and chat away, barely moving the machine, gawking at guys. If you want to flirt and be cute, go to the pub and mingle. You're probably going to walk around the bar faster than you're "working out' here.

Or the girl that's doing random stretching poses in the mirror like she's practicing stripping. Please stop.

The guys that randomly walk by each other and give each other a high five. You think they're working out together, but you then realize they aren't even lifting partners. What?!

My favorite of the last few weeks. There I am, power walking, dying on the treadmill, watching Sports Center. And a guy taps me on the shoulder and says "did you see that??" Okay, Yes, I'm a girl, I'm addicted to sports, and yes I watch sports center while I work out. But yes, I'm zoned out and NO, I don't want to discuss the fact that the New Orleans Saints coach is an *kitten* for telling his guys hurt the Kansas City players. Leave me alone.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Sitting at the bench press doing nothing, and when I go there to ask if he's finished he tells me he is waiting some friends to come wtf?.
    People who throw weight to look like pros, but just look stupid.
    People who moan so loud, you can hear them in the next floor.
    People with headphones singing and screaming their fav song.
    Usually guys who occupy 10 pair of dumbells at once, when they can just leave also others to work, and use them one at a time.
    Two days ago, I saw a guy who was talking on cell for about 20 min, and in the other hand holding a dumbell, and doing some lame reps.

Lot more...
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I hate the guys that think because i'm 5'1" and tiny that I can't workout on the machines by myself. If I need your help I'll ask.

The fat *****es that just sit on the machine I need to use playing on their phones.

People in Zumba that do their own moves instead of at least trying to follow the instructor.
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have so many pet peeves, my main one is people who have no awareness of your own personal space and either stand 2 inches in front or beside me during a class when there's plenty of space for us all.

Hogging machines, not cleaning then down afterwards, people who treat the gym like a social event and are only there to flirt or gossip. I could go on!!

I am sure I of course do nothing to piss other people off!! Lol.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Hm..I think there have been posts about this exact thing before but here's some more of my own!

When people walk around butt naked in the locker rooms. Yes, they have to get naked to change from gym clothes to normal or into a bathing suit but no need to walk from the locker area to the bathroom naked and then to the sink to put on their makeup naked and blow dry their hair naked and then SIT ON THE LEATHER COUCH naked....seriously, you're not at home.

And the ladies who do this haven't got the best bodies in the world :noway:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I usually don't pay much attention to others at the gym but the other day a lady irritated me so badly I wanted to hit her. She was on the elliptical, put her phone on speakerphone on the machine and proceeded to have an entire conversation loudly for the 30 minutes she was working out. I turned my mp3 player as loud as it would go and I could still hear her talking.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm a few months new to the gym so havent run into anyone that annoying (Yet). I don't get bothered easily though.

BUT I am wondering if I might be the "wierd one" at the gym because (I get migraines w bright lights) I tend to leave my sunglasses on all the time even when I work out. I even wear my sunglasses at night, like the song says.. LOL, but yea I always wonder if anyone is thinking I'm weird for wearing them while I work out (I usually take them off when I start sweating too much though).
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    People who come ALL THE WAY to the gym, to walk at 3.0mph for the next 45 minutes, not challenging themselves and hogging the damn treadmill!

People who come in SLIPPERS and proceed to go barefoot while using the stationary bike. Uh, ew? Nobody wants to use the bike with your sweaty footprints on it.
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    There was this dude that was lifting weights at the gym and moaning REALLY loudly and sweating a ton. He didn't even have the decency to bring a towel! Instead, he was just using pieces of tissue to wipe off his sweat and then proceeding to PLACE THEM ON THE FLOOR. Sweat-soaked tissues on the gym floor.

DISGUSTING.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i try really hard not to judge others at the gym. you never know what someones fitness level and comfort zone is.

but if you are one of those people that show up with a starbucks frappaccino with extra whipped cream, or have two iced teas in front of you on the treadmill, then i'm soooooooo judging you.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Women sitting in the changing room having hour long conversations.

Oh and as of last month being approached while naked!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I ignore everyone while at the gym. But there is a creepy guy there, he spooks me.
  • Sianarella
    Options
    The women who manages to leave half her hair in the shower. Seriously go and get better extensions, you must spend a fortune having to replace all that weave. She does this once a week.

Those who let their kids run around the changing room screaming. Normally they have just come out of the pool and this means everything and one in the locker room will now get soaked.

Following that – people who come out of the shower and seem to leave everything in the changing room wet, including the floor by my locker.

The TVs – I have now seen more of the Kardashians than I ever want to, the food network being on and Supersize vs Superskinny always seems to be on.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I prefer to work out from the privacy of my own HOME..
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm odd...I could care less what anyone else is doing. :/
  • SUSIE091
    SUSIE091 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Giggling girls who are there just to oggle the blokes and haven't got a clue about how to use the machines

and also those who try and muscle in on when having a PT session Get yr bLoody own !! though mine is fab

and poilety tells them to go away :)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I work in a gym. The thing that annoys me most is people complaining about every little freaking thing. Especially the FREE coffee. Um, it's 10am and you aren't at work and someone else has your kids. Quit freaking *****ing!!!