For all those on MFP who are sexually active

Options

Replies

• Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    So I ask you all. Do you track sex because it is calories burnt or not? If so, how? If not, why?

I snooped on someone's diary and they had sex down under exercise :wink:
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Kindly log it as something else. For those who treat it like an Olympic sport, go for it, just under a diff name. On that note, I am not a fan of logging housework, holding babies, etc. :)
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged it. These answers are really cracking me up.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my wife puts weight on after sex ,,,,,strangely enough it all comes back off after about 9 months :sad:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't. But then again, I just so rarely have it, so it wouldn't make a big difference anyways ;)
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    how many calories are there per battery?

THIS.
  • Kimik0123
    Kimik0123 Posts: 52
    Options
    I asked this question not long ago. I dont bother any more
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't consider sex to be planned exercise - I consider it to be entertainment/pleasure... or household activity (like laundry? lol).

So, no. I don't track that stuff. I only track the things I do specifically to burn calories. Mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathroom, etc. shouldn't be counted. We have to do that stuff regularly - we're not doing it to get healthy.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I don't count it normally but there was that one night... I was a little tipsy and thought it really deserved to be recorded somewhere :blushing:
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I don't consider sex to be planned exercise - I consider it to be entertainment/pleasure... or household activity (like laundry? lol).

So, no. I don't track that stuff. I only track the things I do specifically to burn calories. Mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathroom, etc. shouldn't be counted. We have to do that stuff regularly - we're not doing it to get healthy.

I only started mowing the lawn because it burns so many calories! LOL! Otherwise, I'll leave that job to my husband. :P
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's a tough subject. If all you do is lay there and let the partner do everything, then don't record it. But more importantly, if you are sexually active but not having intercourse, but doing heavy petting, make sure you are switching hands so both arms get an equal workout.
  • mtread13
    mtread13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't think we should have sex --- the partner may not be fully trained, some people throw out their backs, some people are too extreme, some people scrape up their ankles and hands.... wait, that's Cross Fit - never mind. Carry on...
  • mtread13
    mtread13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I figure any calories burned were eaten back anyway.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One could use low-fat whipped cream and dark chocolate!
  • valencia88
    Options
    you can count sex if you really want to. it does burn quite a significant amount of calories (if you're not just in missionary). Tell your friend to research her question. it has been discussed on many talk shows such as The Drs. If I am correct, it can burn close to the same amount of calories as swimming. Interesting.
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't personally log it but some clearly do and you'd be surprised at what's listed under food for certain things consumed......hopefully at no other time but during sex.....if at all!?!
  • Wiifitmii66
    Options
    Nope, don't count those calories. Here's a link with some good info:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/How-many-calories-do-you-burn-during-sex.aspx

All I can say is WOW...60-80 calories burnt per orgasm ...guess there are times that it is good to be a woman afterall!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't count it, but Masters and Johnson detrermined that the female orgasm burns between 60 and 100 calories, not counting the sex itself, so i guess you could if you wanted to.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I don't count it, but Masters and Johnson detrermined that the female orgasm burns between 60 and 100 calories, not counting the sex itself, so i guess you could if you wanted to.

a female... orgasm??? dafuq is that?
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I log it as belly dancing!
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    My wife ate that thing that kills sex drive. You know.......wedding cake. So I wouldn't know.
    smiley-laughing025.gif
This discussion has been closed.