MFP Meanies :(

Options

Replies

• grdinagirl
    grdinagirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh this was about your exercising and period question. I don't agree with how people responded, I just think they were a little taken back by your question because...it's just your period. I think they couldn't understand what you think would possibly happen if you exercised on your period...because it's not like it will make you bleed more or rip your vagina wall or die or something. We've all had our periods for years now and are very knowledgable about our periods being women, so they replied in harsh ways. But to a lot of people, it was a really common sense question so I think that's why they replied the way they did.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Girl forget them...they have cyber bullies with nothing more to do!!
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    I posted this on the question you had posted....

There is no stupid question. If you feel up to excercising then I think you should go for it. I wish I was able to get out of the fetal position long enough to excercise during that time, but I can't till the 3rd or 4th day. And even then I'm typically weak. My doc has tried everything to help me out but such is life. Thankfully my two kiddos have helped subside some of the pain, but unfortunately I don't feel like eating much during this time, leaves me weak so I stock up on food a couple days beforehand. I say it is up to you, listen to your body and do what you feel.

Feel free to add me as a friend, the friends I have on here aren't snotty and make rude comments when I ask questions no matter if they think everyone should know the answer to these questions It looks as though you may have to worry about posting here the shark infested waters here are the women being rude for no reason. So watch out for the female sharks on mfp.

Disregard those that don't understand. Not all MFP people are this way!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yeah... there are some snotty condescending jerks that feel that negative feedback is helpful. *shakes head* Don't be afraid to post... if they're mean... well.. obviously there's something going on in their own life that makes them so miserable.
  • medgirl604
    Options
    people here can be HANGRY. don't let them get you down!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Sorry for the know it all's, they come with the site. but we're not all like that ..:flowerforyou:
  • bajannadz
    bajannadz Posts: 13
    Options
    Dont let a few spoiled apples ruin the bunch for you! in life you will find some who understand and some who will take any opportunity to display their ignorance and immaturity.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    It's common in internet world... Trolls are everywhere, don't let them get to you :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Alot of people on here have weird ideas on how to lose the weight, some people have done more research others just assume if they starve and workout too much they will lose faster. It gets frustrating
    Also, You need to understand that everyone is on a calorie deficit so sometimes we are hungry and mean, its not you, we just all need a snack. ;)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that there is a "cool group" on MFP that are more concerned with sounding clever and being sarcastic than actually supporting and helping people. I agree with everyone else, you just have to shrug it off. It will happen, more than once I'm afraid. Don't even respond to comments like that. It's exactly what they want and will get you nowhere. Focus on the positive. :flowerforyou:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    some people don't remember when they didn't know what they know now. wipe the dust off you feet and keep walking. this is a good place. some people don't pick up their own trash...
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You need to understand that everyone is on a calorie deficit so sometimes we are hungry and mean, its not you, we just all need a snack. ;)

Also this. LOL
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    people here can be HANGRY. don't let them get you down!

That's true.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    they probably were not hugged enough as children. you will survive!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I'm new here and I've noticed the rudeness too. It makes me not want to participate in the forum section. I'm trying to ignore it but it's kind of hard. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I'll support you.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is terrible on here but it was way worse on WW. Down right nasty on there if you ask a question.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I "friend-ed" a group on Facebook just for that reason. I am a bariatric patient, having had a gastric bypass in July 2011. I am proud of my achievements and the weight lost...forever. I don't like drama and have seen a lot of mean spirited comments here. I focus on logging my food and exercise on MFP, but get my support from Bariatric Friendly on Facebook. FRIENDLY is the key...Sugar Free, Fat Free, DRAMA free. Maybe that's what MFP needs...a new group that will not allow ugly comments, meanness, of drama. :smile:
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    These are the people who can lose as much weight as they like but will NEVER be happy because they feel UGLY regardless of what they weigh. A diet can't help them and they'd like for you to be as miserable as they are. Ignore them.
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I am very appreciative of your encouragement :flowerforyou:

You got this girl dont let them get you down! Go forward not back!!!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Wow there were alot of rude comments! Dont let it bug you....no question is a dumb one in my opinion there is so much info. that contridicts(sp) itself...who knows really??
This discussion has been closed.