MFP Meanies :(

Options

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them! There are a lot of dumb people trolling the boards. Anyways, welcome to MFP..we're all here for 1 reason :) Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Oh this was about your exercising and period question. I don't agree with how people responded, I just think they were a little taken back by your question because...it's just your period. I think they couldn't understand what you think would possibly happen if you exercised on your period...because it's not like it will make you bleed more or rip your vagina wall or die or something. We've all had our periods for years now and are very knowledgable about our periods being women, so they replied in harsh ways. But to a lot of people, it was a really common sense question so I think that's why they replied the way they did.

well that is not strictly true, for me i know that excercise does make me bleed heavier....i have no issues working out at home during AF but i wouldnt work out at a gym because of this.
    just because women know about their period if you are new to excercising then you might not be so sure about how your body would react during that time of the month.
    when i was in school having period cramps was a legit reason to get out of PE :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel this way, you won't be the first & you won't be the last. I know a few people who have stopped using this site because of this & the weirdos. It happens everywhere. As everyone else has said. Just ignore it :smile:
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There are some good people on here, but some jerks too. Of course its a click, these people just wanna be on here to discourage people from losing, so they have someone to pick on as always.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Comes with free forums. Bunch of tards on here pushing up their post count.

I thought your question was completely innocent and a valid one to ask. Just like any other... hence why we are on this site in the first place.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every single reply in your other thread, but I think you're possibly being a little too sensitive. The "nasty" or "rude" or "mean" replies that I did read (again, I didn't read ALL so I may be way off base here) were not indicating that YOU were stupid, but rather that whoever advised you rest and not workout was... As has been said - there are no stupid questions - but there are a lot of people who don't search the forums first, and I sometimes see the EXACT SAME QUESTION being asked two or three times in the sidebar of my home page here. It's ridiculous! But, your question is one that I have not seen here before (maybe it's been asked, I don't know, but I've never seen it so it can't be asked that often).
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    For every flower, there's a load of fertilizer.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that!
    If you have any questions...I might be able to help out some!
    :)
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    yes they def r some big time jerks on here but there is also alot of good suportive people so don't let the bad eggs ruin it for you!!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I asked you on your post if you were serious or joking. You didn't answer. So many posts are done as a joke, I don't know if people are serious or not any more. You could have answered my question. If I was sure you were being serious, I would have given you a serious answer. :flowerforyou:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    There are people on here who think they know everything. It's quite a turnoff, but I've found more wonderful people. I always like new friends!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As I always say....my haters are my motivators..... so love me or hate me, I'm still on your mind!!

Don't mind those peeps, do your thing!!! We are here to help!
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A lot of people that are on here think that they are better than everyone else. I can't stand the arguments that go on over stupid things. You can friend request me. Im a nice person. Oh, and thank you, Glad someone said it.....
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    DONT LEAVE!!! There are a lot of great people as well. This has happened to me and some of my MFP friends-- don't know what's wrong with people! Obviously if people post asking for help- they are admitting they don't have ALL the answers. You have to expect it and ignore it. Take the helpful comments and forget the rest!
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! I read the previous post...yeah those comments were mean...sorry..just ignore the negative and tune in to the positive...Best wishes on your journey.
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    good answer...you can friend me too! I hate a hater...we have enough issues without some *kitten* making us feel worse.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Some people are mean and jerky and buttholie and stuff. But that's on the innaweb AND in real life. I read the thread and some weren't the nicest but I think most people really thought you were joking. You shouldn't leave this site because someone was being what your perceive as mean. Especially if it is helping you better yourself. Just stay off the forums...there's always google.

And I'm not one of those people who think there is no such thing as a stupid question. I hear them all damn day.
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know!I asked a question too and got a few people that were rude with their answer..... don't leave..... too many positives to gain - I guess those people know it all - oh wait they are on this site too so they can't know everything!!!! lol :laugh:
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just ignore them. Sometimes I get so frustrated with how rude some people are to other members, I have felt the need to jump in, but I'm going to even stop that. Ignore them and read the helpful messages in the string.

Some people just get off on making others feel bad. I'm thinking they are miserable people themselves.

By all means though, stay! This is a fantastic place to log calories, exercise, and get the motivation from friends and success stories to reach you goals.
    ^^^^^^^^ this
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I saw that thread. Sending you a friend request, hun! Don't let the negative responses get you down. :)
This discussion has been closed.