40 yrs old and above???

Options

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Add me... I'm 46 and ready to rock 'n roll!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    46 and love this site!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    i'll be 45 next month...that sounds so bad...but it could be worse i suppose! (-:

add me if you'd like...
  • brownsugah76010
    Options
    You can count me in this group, I will be 46 in a few months!
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 and looking for new friends here to help support each other. Add me :-)
  • backtofront
    Options
    Please add me as well...Going to be 45 next month and have lost 33 lbs since December using MFP...
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and physically, there are things I do today that I know I couldn't do 10 or 20 years ago.

Feel free to add me.
  • zalya05
    zalya05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined thanks for passing along these groups1
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    48 and working on being in the best shape of my life, although it is a little tougher to lose the weight , no doubt about it!!!!!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'll be turning 49 next month! (YIKES!). I sure don't feel like 49. I lost 95 lbs 11 years ago, and have kept the majority of it off. BUT, I have 10-15 lb gain I've been struggling with for the last few years. yes, YEARS! My food has to be 110% to lose anything, which is so hard for me.

Add me as a friend, I am happy to give support and get support from anyone in this 40's boat!

~Chris
  • ronit714
    ronit714 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - it's time to get serious! I need to get motivated...
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    COME ON its not your physical age it is your mental attitude I started this at 60 I am almost thru 4 years and every year I lose some and improve my fitness I jog now swim exercise over an hour at a time and feel great will probably lose another 40 pounds by my 65 th Bday and finish training ffor my first 10K
    lets go folks let your minds take over and dont worry about the AGE numbers
  • BStading
    BStading Posts: 2
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 58 so I'm the old fogy of the group. Yes, it's harder but we can do it!
    :drinker:
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in June. It's part of the motivation to do something now before it gets nearly impossible to do it. Good luck! Friend me if you like :)
  • ruther345
    ruther345 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I to am a yo yo dieter. My weight has yo yo since my teens. And it is getting harder to loseweight. But I am determined to lose weight and take it off once in for all. Especially for health reasons. Good luck to everyone. If you would like to make me your friend you may. Have a great day!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    40 and right there with you. It helps to have friends in the same age bracket going through the same, or similar, life changing events.

Anyone is welcome to add me. :)
  • lfcartz
    lfcartz Posts: 20
    Options
    43 yr old female here from the US. Feel free to add me! I got serious about getting back into shape 2 months ago and have lost about 6 pounds so far. I don't have a lot to lose, would like to lose about another 15 pounds. I work out about 5-6 times a week and have been eating clean with a cheat day every Saturday. I'm currently doing Team Fitness Training at the gym and just started (again) the C25K program. Hope to hear from you all!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 not long ago...wow, you are right, so hard to lose the weight! And then try to maintain...feel free to add me!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I decided at age 46 to get the weight off! Now....89 pounds lighter, it was SO worth it!!! Don't give up! :)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I just turned 40 and also just started this journey and I am not seeing the scale go down as fast as I would like either. I guess I had some delusions of THE BIGGEST LOSER where I would lose 5-10 lbs per week....but I have had to try and be my own best friend instead of my own worst enemy and be a little kinder and gentler to myself! (Of course I don't eat 100% great yet, or work out 5 hours a day or take diet supplements either or have personal trainers and doctors around, I do realize it's not an accurate or realistic portrayal of a weightloss journey)....Anyway....Here I am ...40 and finally ready to do something to change my life and feel better.

Feel free to add me too, we can do this together! =)

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods