sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    One definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.

Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it?

Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    Today, the motivating phrase was, "This will not kill me!" and "If I don't do this, it will kill me! I WILL DIE!" (it meaning, the being unhealthy)

Both of which were repeated frequently in my last workout!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself--:wink:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you fail to plan then you plan to fail... this one helps me fix meals in advance so I don't chose the wrong thing when hungry.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mine's on my profile here. It's from Michael Pollan: Eat food, not too much, mostly plants. I wish his writings had been around 15 or so years ago when I was trying to learn how to eat! But, I'm glad it is now.
  • getthisweightgone
    Options
    BEASTMODE:devil:
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My go to phrase is "giving up is never an option"
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How humming the tune to the Beatles Song "I'm a Loser".
    "I'm a loser
    I'm a loser
    And I'm not what I appear to be..."

I want to be a LOSER. I'm really a hot looking 55yo grandma on the inside just trying to find her way out through all this weight.
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I was in the military, I lived by "Adapt and Overcome". I still use this phrase in all aspects of my life, not just fitness. It's plain survival at its best. Once you adapt and overcome, whatever the situation, life is easier and you're in control. I can't adapt if I don't push one more ______(step, minute, mile, etc.) And then when I have pushed, I have overcome that moment of weakness and it feels goooooooood.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Mine is " You can have results or excuses, but you can not have both. "
  • kmarti
    kmarti Posts: 5
    Options
    My favorite 2 -

A year from now you will wish you started today...

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone sitting on the couch...

I have these posted right next to my bed, so I see them when I get up every morning. Makes me continue to work even when I don't want to!
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Keep moving forward" and "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!"
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My favorite 2 -

A year from now you will wish you started today...

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone sitting on the couch...

I have these posted right next to my bed, so I see them when I get up every morning. Makes me continue to work even when I don't want to!

Great minds think alike!
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have a few :smile:

Eat clean, train dirty.
    If you don't work for it, you don't deserve it.
    The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.
    If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.
    Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.
    Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're done.
    Suck it up, and one day you won't have to suck it in.
    A little sweat never hurt anyone.
    The only bad workout is the one that never happened.
    Strong is the new skinny.
    It took more than a day to put on. It will take more than a day to take it off. Move.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's tattooed on me. "You Shall Overcome"
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm feeling a little wishy-washy about exercising, I remind myself: "You'll regret not doing it. You won't regret doing it." It's always true, and knowing that helps get me moving.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    390845_327201343957713_198351676842681_1304215_627324832_n.jpg

This is what I say if it gets to hard.
  • jhook11
    jhook11 Posts: 6
    Options
    "shut the window"

from my Weight Watchers leader. If you left a window open at home or your car, and it started raining. Would you leave the window open and just say "oh well, damage is already done" or would you go shut the window? When I find myself eating junk, or too much of anything I hear her voice in my head saying "shut the window now!" and it usually works.
  • LaurieMaynard
    LaurieMaynard Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Small changes lead to big results!
  • northernbeaver
    Options
    mine would be "if you believe, then you can achieve"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!