40 yrs old and above???

Options

Replies

• CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    feel free to add me! I turned 40 in January and it really is harder now to lose. Even when I was training for a marathon, the weight went no where. But my sister is 14 months older and she has become super fit through exercise, so I know it can happen!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Diane about the protein. Also decrease your carbs but not too low that you feel fatigued. Along with weights weights weights! You'll get smaller even if the scale doesn't show it.
    Feel free to add me. 44 and LOVING this journey!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im now 40 and finding it harder to lose weight now than I ever did when I was younger.

I would like some friends of the same age please
    Thanks

Jules xx

I am 45 and teach a HARDCORE SPIN class and a personal trainer. Yes it IS HARDER but you can do it! You have to watch what you eat and get in AT LEAST an hour of cardio a day...just to maintain.
  • carie1664
    carie1664 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to receive and offer support within this group!
  • sparkles1956
    Options
    Add me also.:wink:
  • austen18
    austen18 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am 50 and going thru menopause. JOY!! You can add me. I get a lot of low carb recipes from the following website: www.genaw.com/lowcarb. There are some awesome recipes in there. My husband and I both love them. I have lost 33 pounds. They come off very slowly, but I eat plenty and have created a book of these recipes so it has become more of a lifestyle instead of a diet. Good Luck! For munchies I have found veggies straws and veggie chips that help with that salty, crunchy craving.
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ilovekc
    ilovekc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and ditto, finding harder to lose weight.
    Now I wonder if any of you guys are noticing this.MFP does not give allowance for a lot of protein. I am above on my protein intake everyday whereas I know I can easily go more than that .It confuses me .Any ideas?
    Feel free to count me in
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I agree! 48 years old and need more support than ever! feel free to add me :)
  • CarolGrulke
    Options
    I too find it harder and harder to stay in shape. Just hit 48!!!! and feel like my body is falling apart.

Just startign the fitness program with my 23 year old daughter. Wish us luck....
  • kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    bump-42yrs old
  • ChelleSpoon
    ChelleSpoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    43 years old here. Send a friends request if you'd like. :smile: :smile:
  • HLAMODEI
    HLAMODEI Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI there, I'll be 41 in June...weight control/loss is really hard! MFP is helping me along the way! Feel free to friend req. me if you'd like! We can help/support each other! -Heather
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey I am 41 just started this fitness pal yesterday...i am in california...add me if you like. thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    48 here and still kicking *kitten*!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I will be 42 in August.
    I started MFP on August 1st 2010, 3 weeks before my 40th birthday. In January 2011 I started working out with a personal trainer.
    NO! I don't think it's getting any harder to lose weight. I find it fairly easy, and if I really tried, I could do soooo much better. But so far, I love my new lifestyle of eating what I want as long as I work out according to what my trainer suggests. Results are there, so why change anything ? ! :-)

MM
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    42 over here, life is great! I'm so loving the 40's.... :drinker:
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I agree--I"m 42. My new motto...a day at a time. Welcome!
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    40 here. And yep. Maintaining is harder too. But doable. Still not sure about 40 yet so....lol.
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is great, all the support and encouraging words from you all xx

Lots of friends now for us 40 years plus to add xx

love to all :)