40 yrs old and above???

Options

Replies

• lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm 41 and don't know why I waited so long to try and get into better shape! I would like to lose another 40+ pounds. I've lost 16.4 to date. Please feel free to add me...I only have a couple of friends on here and would really like to have more to motivate me and to hold me accountable.

Good luck!
  • imbodengirl
    Options
    Hi! I recently turned 40 and just got signed up. I would love to help motivate others and get motivation as well. I agree with you whole heartedly about it seeming harder than ever to get the weight off. I did the Body For Life program before having kids and was in the best shape of my life...now after surgery and such I have found myself at an all time high (not pregnant) and am about to panic. Nothing seems to work....soooo I would love to find some people like you to help with staying on track. :smile:
  • lgbishop
    lgbishop Posts: 8
    Options
    Hit 40 in February. Become a Gram for the first time in June.
    Forgot that I had the app on a cell phone for this site way back before this site became AWESOME.

I am from the 18031 - US area.

On my own I have lost 10 lbs since January 1st.

I am here to give and get help as needed... Support... Gotta have it.

Lived a life on the thin side been struggling since about 33 with my weight rising.

Happy Friday the 13th EVERYONE...!!!

Lori
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im now 40 and finding it harder to lose weight now than I ever did when I was younger.

I would like some friends of the same age please
    Thanks

Jules xx

I agree, I'm almost 44 and find it difficult but determined to become me again. Feel free to add me.

10696830.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    42 years old and back down to what I weighed as a thin 17 year old and in much better shape! Anything is possible. :smile:
  • maxybaby8
    maxybaby8 Posts: 17
    Options
    hi i am 47 and finding it hard to lose the weight
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    I will be 40 years old in exactly one month from today. I am so excited about my 40's and beyond.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    43 years old here and I am in the best shape of my life (including when I played sports in college) Don't think of it as harder think of it as more in tune with the depth of pain, haha!
  • Thomas8260
    Thomas8260 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes it is much harder to keep the weight off as we age. I was always tired of hearing the "diet and exercise" from everyone. But, it is so true I have been able to lose over 10 lbs since joining MFP.

btw, I have cousins that live in the UK.

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 40 in June. I'm not sure why I took so long to do something about my health and weight but knowing I was turning 40 this year was a motivator. MFP has been a great tool and a lifesaver! Feel free to add me as well.
  • jrmav
    jrmav Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 43 and am new here so whoever wants to friend me please feel free!!
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 58 ..just joined Tuesday..loving it..please feel free to friend me..I too need the support and motivation..not easy losing weight at my age..would love to hear success stories from people my age group..thanks and good luck to you all
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes i agres, it gets harder to lose the weight. I'm 47 from UK add me, would love to be your friend:flowerforyou:
  • leedootson
    leedootson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi
    41 next month and its amzing how the weight creeps up on you without you even noticing so feel free to add me and the same goes to any other 40-50 year olds
    regards
    lee
    ps i am in the uk suffolk
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Add http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/337-woman-of-a-certain-age to the list of group forums for us...
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and would love to be buddies!:smile:
  • stuff51
    stuff51 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm 61 years old. Have diabetes and need to lose 50 lbs. I really need help getting motivated to exercise. I'm tired all the time and have no energy. Really hope I can get the will power and strength to get to my goal.:smile::smile:
  • prudolph69
    Options
    I am 42 as well - Been working on this weight loss for 2 years and have 40 left to go
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and new to the site. :smile: