ITT: Ask me anything about losing weight..

Options

Replies

• Iamjulez
    Iamjulez Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are overweight by 19.9 kilograms (43.8 pounds)
    You need to exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
    Minimum caloric requirements: 1955 Calories per day
    Limit your food intake to 1661 calories per day.
    to lose 2.2 pounds per month.
    Your diet should contain at least 61 grams of protein per day.

So is 1200 calories a good place to be for me? Or am I eating too little? I don't want to crap on myself before I even get started with this whole ordeal and lose my stamina for it... I'm about 5 days into it. But I also don't want to ruin my healthy by trying to lose weight.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I replied to your thread. -

Thank you! That just brings up more questions, however.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You are overweight by 19.9 kilograms (43.8 pounds)
    You need to exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
    Minimum caloric requirements: 1955 Calories per day
    Limit your food intake to 1661 calories per day.
    to lose 2.2 pounds per month.
    Your diet should contain at least 61 grams of protein per day.

So is 1200 calories a good place to be for me? Or am I eating too little? I don't want to crap on myself before I even get started with this whole ordeal and lose my stamina for it... I'm about 5 days into it. But I also don't want to ruin my healthy by trying to lose weight.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Start a bit higher? If you start at 1200, you have no where to really go if you stop losing. Unless you eat back your exercise calories - which I don't personally believe in, but is a whole can of worms I really don't want to get into.

Most women can lose weight just fine eating 1500 calories per day.
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thank you for this, and bump for later
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bump - curious
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    did you suffer with any saggy skin as your frame must of changed so much ?

Congrats btw :drinker:
  • Sublog
    Options
    Yes, I have a bit of pannus in my lower abdomen region - my waist was over 60" around at my heaviest. It's not bad, and I have not given up up I can get it to almost completely go away with time and getting low enough body fat.

There's still fat in there so until it's thin I won't give up to resort to surgery.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow, I could ask so many questions(: not many people are willing to put themselves out there to help others like that. Your a good man! & GREAT job on the weight loss..
    So I have a ton of questions I could ask but lol I'll just ask a few .

I would like some advice on my intake/routine.
    I only have about 10-13 lbs to lose.. I upped my cals to maintenance which is around 2000 and that's when I was only exercising 3x a week. Then, I dropped it down to 1600 and have been consistenly losing a pound per week. My original goal was to be losing 1/2 lb per week but I'm just wondering if I'm losing to fast? I'm currently netting 1500 and I work out burning about 150-300 cals per day (6-7days) and I eat back exercise calories. Should I stay with my current intake for a while or bump it up?
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump for later! :)
  • BrookeNWille
    BrookeNWille Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would not normally ask such a vague question, or one that could be considered absolutely retarded given the wealth of wellness information on MFP, but since you are putting it out there....

I have about a hundred pounds to lose, and always get off to a decent start but follow through is always a serious issue. What can you recommend to a person one hundred pounds overweight to guarantee their weight loss success?
  • Sublog
    Options
    Wow, I could ask so many questions(: not many people are willing to put themselves out there to help others like that. Your a good man! & GREAT job on the weight loss..
    So I have a ton of questions I could ask but lol I'll just ask a few .

I would like some advice on my intake/routine.
    I only have about 10-13 lbs to lose.. I upped my cals to maintenance which is around 2000 and that's when I was only exercising 3x a week. Then, I dropped it down to 1600 and have been consistenly losing a pound per week. My original goal was to be losing 1/2 lb per week but I'm just wondering if I'm losing to fast? I'm currently netting 1500 and I work out burning about 150-300 cals per day (6-7days) and I eat back exercise calories. Should I stay with my current intake for a while or bump it up?

Thanks! Losing a pound per week is not too fast unless you're extremely lean already. Should be fine as long as your in-taking enough protein and doing some sort of resistance workout.
  • Sublog
    Options
    I would not normally ask such a vague question, or one that could be considered absolutely retarded given the wealth of wellness information on MFP, but since you are putting it out there....

I have about a hundred pounds to lose, and always get off to a decent start but follow through is always a serious issue. What can you recommend to a person one hundred pounds overweight to guarantee their weight loss success?

Nothing is guaranteed. You just have to want it. I had a burning desire to lose this weight once and for all. I obsessed over it. I learned everything I could about it.

Don't listen to the compliments. Don't reward yourself with food. Stay focused on your goals. Take it one day at a time as cliche as that sounds. If you mess up, get right back on the horse tomorrow. Don't turn a meal into a bad day or into a bad week.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Love this advice.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrookeNWille
    BrookeNWille Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will take your advice to heart. Thank you for it, sir.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I am 5 5" 24 and weigh 187 currently. I want to aim fir 1.5 lbs a week and MFP puts me at 1260 cals for this.... My bmr though is between 1599 and 1660 depending on the calc I use... Should I really eat 1260 cals? Or will I sabotage mh efforts? Also whats your take on eating back exercise cals??

Congrats! Your weightloss is really very indpirational! :-)
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for about 6-8 weeks now. So far I've lost 15 lbs, and and want to lose another 10 by June 1st. Each week I see the same 2 lbs (157-159). I am 40, calories now are upped to 1580 for the last 3 weeks, work out 5 day's a week at 4-5 miles walking/jogging and twice a week yoga. I usually eat back most of my exercise calories. so what gives..... thanks in advance!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi Sublog, I appreciate your offer and am taking you up on this offer.

My start weight was 180. My current weight fluctuates around 112-114...I've been strength training more consistently (3x a week), and cardio about 5-6 days a week. My goal is to continue to burn fat but also to gain muscle cuz i am skinny fat. I'm not so concern about my weight at this point. I would very much appreciate it if you could/would take a look at my exercise (ijust started adding the specific exercises with weight training, but have consistently been doing the same workout) and food logs and tell me if I am on the right track? Or what I should change? Heavier weights, less repetition? Lighter weights more repetition? Too much/too little cardio? Eating too little? Too much? Too little protein? Not enough protein? I read a lot of postings, but am more confused as a rult. It seems every opinion has a counter opinion. I don't want to waste my efforts and do want to see some results. Thank you in advance. joyce