30 Day Shred Challenge (4/16/12-5/16/12)

Options

Replies

• Kbackinshape
    Options
    Hey!

Im also stuck at 130s and I can't stand it thats why I joined MFP. Im in on the 30 day challenge and the dates work perfectly since Ill be going on a summer trip at the end of May. Ive also joined several other challenges on here. So hopefully this will all help!
    Will be posting the wight and measurements tom :)

Gluck!
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30DS 3x's a day for the last 3 weeks and just loving it..
  • LissaAlice
    Options
    Perfect! I was planning on starting today, but the 16th sounds good :)
    My measurements are:
    Bust:36"
    Waist:27"
    Hips:35"
    Thighs:21"
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this with you all! I did it for the first time on Friday, and have been super sore ever since. I attempted to work through the sore muscles yesterday but couldn't hack it. Told myself i'd begin again on Monday so this is kind of perfect. Speaking of, anybody know how to remedy sore muscles or work through them without putting to much of a strain on them. I wanted to do it daily or at least consecutively for a few days at a time and didn't expect to get as sore as i did! Any help would be appreciated!
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this with you all! I did it for the first time on Friday, and have been super sore ever since. I attempted to work through the sore muscles yesterday but couldn't hack it. Told myself i'd begin again on Monday so this is kind of perfect. Speaking of, anybody know how to remedy sore muscles or work through them without putting to much of a strain on them. I wanted to do it daily or at least consecutively for a few days at a time and didn't expect to get as sore as i did! Any help would be appreciated!

One thing someone told me, which I don't know why I didn't think of this. Is to do smaller moves. The BIGGEST problem I had was I'm all or nothing. I do it all the way and do it to the best of my ability. And then I cant move for the next 3 or 4 days LOL. So my biggest problem was the lunges. So I modified them and did them smaller and not as deep. That really did make the difference. I went a little bigger and deeper as I went on and it went much much better that way. Just keep that in mind.
  • ChristySue80
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the 30 day shred (acutally day 5 but I had to take 2 days off after day 1 bc I was so stinkin sore) I would love to join your group!
  • ChristySue80
    Options
    Besides the DVD, what other items are needed for the 30 day shred?

You need some hand weights (I have 3lb ones) and a mat if you are working out on a hard floor
  • manasunshine
    Options
    im IN!!!!! ive never followed 30DS all the way through. ithink having someone start with me i might be able to stick to till the end
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in - started this morning & struggled through but made it! Can anyone help me out on how many calories are burned? I don't have a heart rate monitor.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Hi @Teri,

When I used to do the 30d Shred, I'd put down 22 minutes of circuit training, no rest.

And I'm in! 16-Apr-2012 is a great day for me to start. I've been meaning to start up again; I need to really kick-start my exercising.
  • yorkieII
    yorkieII Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    count me in! I need to get a tape measure this weekend.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

One thing someone told me, which I don't know why I didn't think of this. Is to do smaller moves. The BIGGEST problem I had was I'm all or nothing. I do it all the way and do it to the best of my ability. And then I cant move for the next 3 or 4 days LOL. So my biggest problem was the lunges. So I modified them and did them smaller and not as deep. That really did make the difference. I went a little bigger and deeper as I went on and it went much much better that way. Just keep that in mind.

Thanks! Yeah i was definitely following the girl on the left. I want my results d**n it !! ... fast forward to today and i could barely move :grumble:
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi @Teri,

When I used to do the 30d Shred, I'd put down 22 minutes of circuit training, no rest.

And I'm in! 16-Apr-2012 is a great day for me to start. I've been meaning to start up again; I need to really kick-start my exercising.

Thanks! Circuit traning it is :)
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am new here but wanted to start a 30 day challenge on Monday so I am in!
  • suziek1969
    suziek1969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My copy's on order....anyone want to start w/c 23 April? If not sooner if Amazon deliver.....
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am up for starting on my 2nd round of 30 DS. It really helped me lose inches in my waist.
  • Myselvein2012
    Myselvein2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A group is just what I need. I made it to Day 12 last time before going on vacation. Will take measurements and weight tomorrow.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, this is great! I'm starting tomorrow (bought the DVD and all ready to go!) So excited!! I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself for 30 days... big challenge for me! But i'm gonna take my measurements tomorrow and at day 30! So excited!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also found it on youtube for free.....I'm thinking of starting it on Monday

Level 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    count me in people!